You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mums Last Goodbye Kiss

Real Ghost Stories

Mums Last Goodbye Kiss

 

Sorry it's a bit of a long one I didn't intend for it to be this long I just kept on writing!

Since I was a little girl I have had all kinds of spooky goings on! I love reading others ghost stories, so I have decided to share a couple of my own. Although this story is not a scary one its just a few weird coincidences around my mother's death that could make you think there is more to coincidences than just coincidence.

We have always had a ghost in our house called Casper. He moves stuff, pinches bums and all sorts. I will talk about him another time but this was not Casper. It was all Mum.

My mum was very ill for a very long time and I had moved in back home to care for her. My grandmother was also very ill and due to my mum being bed ridden she couldn't do anything to help her so I had to step up and ran around after both of them.

It was the night before my Mums birthday. I was constantly up and down stairs tending to my mums every need, then my grandma rang and needed me at hers straight away. I slightly cursed under my breath as the mirror from my mums bedroom wall flew of and smacked me around the head. As I didn't think much of it, I put it back up and there was a knock at the door. It was some family friends bringing her a birthday card. As I ran out of the room to get the door the mirror once again flew off the wall and smacked me around the head!

I welcomed the guests and made everyone drinks and went back upstairs to see if mum wanted anything while I was on my way to my Gran's house and before I could ask, mum started talking about the family business that I was also trying to keep running, getting stressed I said I've got plenty to do at the moment can't we talk about this later. Then once more 'wack' much harder this time and with that I shouted 'I have had enough and can't take any more' stormed out and went to tend to my Gran!

The next morning I was at work and I got a phone call, it was my mum screaming help. I worked about 20 minutes from the house so I closed the shop jumped in my car and was doing about 120mph down the motorway. When I got there she was in a awful state. I was used to seeing her bad but I knew it was more than that this time. I called the nurses and as soon as they saw her they called an ambulance.

Mum was admitted straight to hospital and the family was all called in to be told the worse news imaginable... That my mum was dying.

The next day everything changed. She was fine sat up waving and talking and all of the doctors wanted to know what miracle cure we had given her.

To our dismay, about 3 days into her stay she took a turn for the worse and we were all called in again to be told that a lot of people pick up before they are due to die. The very next morning she asked my dad a very strange question. She wanted to know if she had died the night before as my dead granddad had visited her and told her that she had to fight it and go back?

My grandmother came to see her the next day and on the way out of the ward, she said she turned around in the corridor and saw my mum waving to her. I know impossible eh!?! As mum had not been out of bed in weeks never mind walking around in hospital corridors! That was the last day my grandma ever saw my mum as she died the next day.

The night before she died (I was staying all night) I got one of those stupid texts, it was about love and god and angels and if you pass this txt on at 11. 09 the next morning you would get good news. I didn't take any notice of the text and just text my friend back explaining that my mum had only been given a few days. We knew death was imminent but thought she had a little while left yet. Someone was always with her as she didn't want to be alone, but by this time she didn't know what was happening and was taken into a side room for privacy. As soon as we got her settled, my uncles and brother went to tend to some business and my dad said to my sister in law we are just nipping for a quick ciggy- so my dad and I went outside. One of my friends walked around the corner and as I was hugging her, my phone rang and it was my sister in law telling me to get in there NOW. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and I grabbed a nurse on my way in and as soon as I got to the door she took her last breath and died. I knew that she hung on until we were all out of the room.

The next morning all of the arranging and informing people began. I was getting up and dressed and everyone apart from my sister in law was out busy doing things. I went into my cannabis stash and decided to have a little spliff to calm myself down. So I rolled one ready and put everything away in my usual place - my underwear drawer. I turned on the shower - sprayed a little and hung out of the tiny window.

Just then I heard someone going through my drawers, so panicking, thinking my family was home, I flushed the spliff and came out of the toilet to find my room completely empty but every drawer and wardrobe door open and my stash on the bed! I shouted down to my sister in law and she swore she hadn't been in my room and no one else had been in the house! My mum never agreed with drugs and I think she wanted me to know she was not best impressed.

We used to live in a tiny village in Derbyshire and my mum had a close friend who she had drifted apart from but I knew I had to find her to tell her about my mum. I went to the old close where we used to live and a man told me she had moved and to ask at the Post Office.

The post master told me the area she had moved to but he didn't have the address, so I drove to the town I heard she was living in. I didn't know how to find her or where to start. I was with my Aunt and we drove past a shop and a pub then I saw another little pub and I said to my Aunt stop here I'm going to go and ask in there if they know her!

As I walked in I felt awful, there was a funeral wake and I nervously walked in and asked if anyone knew a Jean Grey. They all said 'no but the land lord might' and one of the mourners rang the bar bell and as if by magic a women I recognised from my childhood came from around the back. It was her, I had found her. The first place I looked and she was stood there right in front of me and she said usually she didn't work that shift she was covering for the owner's partner. Did mum send me into that Pub?

It wasn't until a couple of days later I sat there staring out of the window and my best friend asked me what the matter was, as I looked confused. I said I couldn't stop thinking about a text I got the night before my mum died and I asked my friend to have a look. As she looked at the text she said... Do you realise what time you let her know that your mum had passed and I said no why... 11. 09 the next day. The same time as it said in the message... I rang my friend who sent me that text straight away and she had already noticed the coincidence but did not want to upset me any further!

The next few days were horrendous I never thought I would laugh again, I was broken hearted.

Before she was ill my mum was very upbeat and glamorous and I couldn't send her to meet the big man upstairs without her slap on so I went to the chapel of rest and did her hair, nails and makeup before anyone else came to see her! She looked beautiful. I think because of her age her skin hadn't lost its elasticity so she still looked the same in fact she looked better than she had done in years. All the illness and tiredness had gone from her face and she looked at peace.

It was a very distressing time. My younger cousins and aunts and uncles wanted to see her and put items in her coffin for her to take on her journey. As I had spent the whole previous day with my mum, I waited and let everyone else go in and say goodbye. When my younger brother went in I followed him in.

My brother and my relationship has been a little mad, we were always fighting growing up and we still work together so we easily wind each other up and get on each others nerves and we are not the cuddly, kissy kind with each other at all.

As we walled in to the room where my mum was, he didn't break down as he was trying to be the hard man but as I put my arms around him and said 'these next few days are going to be the hardest of our lives but as long as we stick together we will get through this.' All of a sudden the lights started flickering off and on for a good five minutes. The smell in the room changed and I will never forget it and still I smell the same smell from time to time and I hope that it means my mum is near.

My dad was also outside while the lights were doing their dance and obviously was very upset, he was holding my 4 month old Neice and through his tears he said 'giz a kissa' to her and she did the biggest pouting kiss and kissed him straight on the lips! If you have kids you will know by 4 months they cannot comprehend much at all, but it was like she knew exactly what he wanted and what she had to do.

We all think this was mum saying her last goodbye and giving her husband one last kiss x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, samdarellasausage, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gstar08 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
What a very touching story. 😁 Our loved one's who have passed will never leave us. Even though we can not see them, there always with us. Thanks for your lovely story. 😁
themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
A very well written and amazing story. I think the mirror incident was maybe someone or something's way of telling you to focus maybe? I know if I had to take care of two people I would have my days where I might get annoyed or impatient.
out2getu (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
im glad your mum said goodbye to her husband I think you have given me the perfect vision of death and I think your mum just wanted to be at peace and it was her time to do just that sad and touching story thankyou

From out2getu xxxxxx ❤ ❤ ❤
samdarellasausage (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
DARKNESS/ EVERYONE - also I have had a medium to the house since my mum passed and he said there were 3 good spirits in my house, My Mum, An older lady and a little boy and another one that has followed me since I was a little girl that is not so nice! He asked if it if it was here to harm me using the human pendulum and nothing happened so he said I have nothing to worry about but it seemed to scare him a little as he would no longer talk to me in the house! Do you think I need to worry x
samdarellasausage (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
DARKNESS...
Thanks for commenting, and Yes the mirror did fly off the wall and hit me over the head 3 times. I think it was that I was getting a little annoyed with my mum at that time and maybe a passed loved one was around and not very happy at my attitude? What do you think. We also have a ghost in the house that we have called Casper and he was very protective of my mum, ie when my mums friend who cleaned for her, put an air freshener in her room one day and my mum couldn't stand them due to her breathing condition she sent me upstairs to get rid of it and it was accross the other side of the room in the bin and Casper even growled at that women later that day! Needless to say she didn't clean after that, so maybe it was Casper hitting me? I'm not sure!
Cristos0907 (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
What a touching story. I think it's great how busted you while lighting it up and trying to relax. 😉 She made sure you remembered how she felt about it. 😆 Making the lights dance for you and your brother must have felt great. I'm sure your dad willl never forget her goodbye kiss.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Cristos
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
samdarellasausage: Sorry one more thing, can you explain to me what you meant about the mirror smacking you around the head! Am I missing something here, or was this mirror actually flying off the wall on its own and hitting you in the head? 😕

Dan
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
A very touching story, its quite amazing the signs we receive from our past loved ones, especially if it within the first week or so after they have passed I have noticed. I am glad your mum was able to say goodbye again, I have no doubt she will always be looking over you all. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
This is a touching story and it made me tear up a little! Thank you for sharing, I haven't personally seen anyone go through this but it seems to put your emotions right through the ringer! Glad to hear she got her last kiss though, I know it means a lot!

Blessed Be ❤
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
What a wonderful, yet sad story. I'm glad she was able to come back and let you know just how much she disagreed with your smoke of choice.;) I think she rattled you a bit with that, no doubt? The first half of your story sounds exactly like my mom, before she died of melanoma, it's uncanny. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: