You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Gifted?

Real Ghost Stories

Gifted?

 

My name is Tesha and at the time being I am 18 years old. Turning 19 in two weeks time. My age has a little bit to do with my story. I have been having paranormal encounters since I was around 4-5 years old so my family has told me.

My sister was there when I had my first encounter, I have no memory of it but my sister sure does. One night she awoke to me talking to someone. She then heard me say 'Thats naughty, you're not allowed to smoke in here.' Being annoyed that she was woken up she told me to shut up and go back to sleep but I continued to talk. I then replied 'You scared my friend away!' As her eyes adjusted she said the room was hazy and smokey, and towards the end of the bed she noticed a small bum dent, as if someone had been sitting there. My Mother and sister talked about it and I was questioned about the appearance of my 'friend'. I described him having lightning like hair and that he was bad for smoking in my room.

That encounter I have no memory of, but the rest I do. The earliest I can remember I was around 10-11 years old, we lived in quite a old house out in the countryside. I was sitting in the lounge watching TV, my Mum was in the kitchen. When something caught the corner of my eye, a figure standing in the hallway. I turned to look and all I could see was a black sillouette in the form of a person. Even typing about it gives me the shivers. It's face wasn't really a face but you could make out the form of one. It had no eyes, just darkness. But I still felt like it was staring straight through me. It seemed like it was there for a few minutes, but I blinked and it was gone. It was one of the scariest experiences for me.

The next encounter I had I was only a little older. Around 13, my sister and I were sitting in my Mothers bedroom playing playstation when a figure walked slowly past the window. I looked at my sister, hoping she had seen it to. 'Did you see that?' She took the words right out of my mouth. We both walked into the kitchen and asked our Mum where our Step Dad was. 'In the shower' she replied. So it couldn't have been him. My sister and I swore that we saw a man in a big heavy looking coat and a cowboy style hat walk past the bedroom window.

The years that we lived in the old country house, I never felt comfortable sleeping in my bedroom. It was always so cold and I felt uncomfortable being in there for long periods of time. This would usually result in me sleeping in the living room on the couch.

Alot of family drama occured and a cousin of my Step Dad (at the time) came to stay for a week for extra support, and of course, I was more than willing to let her stay in my room. I called her Aunty Kim, a very spiritually connected person. Being able to see, talk to, listen to and sense spirits. The next morning after spending the night in my room she sat down and talked to my Mum and I. 'Now I know why you never slept in your room bub, I had some lil sh-ts running around the end of the bed poking me in the feet!' She was referring to a spirt or spirits. I was shocked, it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me, there really were spirits in my house. She explained that some spirits are drawn to old houses, and as she sat there talking to me she was trying to block out spirits speaking in her ear, randomly spatting out 'CAN YOU WAIT YOUR TURN' it freaked me out at first but got used to it the longer she was there.

Before her arrival I was diagnosed with Major Depression. I was feeling really bad and empty for unknown reasons. Then one night we sat down for a meeting, she was going to teach me how to cleanse my aura and bless me to see if it would alter my mood. But first she blessed me, she said she called upon her guardians to protect herself and I as she started, she said a dark energy had clinged on to me.

She said 'A horrible negative energy, he has a shape and a face, but he has the most horrifying dark eyes' She explained the man I had seen when I was 10-11 and I had never told her about it. After the blessing I was taught step by step how to cleanse my Aura. I don't quite remember it now but all I know is that I had to repeat the names of those who had hurt me or people I needed to let go of (passed relatives etc) after I said the last name in the ritual my Mum said she saw a light come off me. Like a strike of glow. I felt so good and boyant afterwards. I can't explain the feeling but total joy. We then sat down to talk about what happened. My Aunty said 'Bub, you have the gift. You can see, you choose to block it out but when you get older you will open up' I cried because at that time I didn't want the gift I was born with.

The most recent was the start of this year (Feb-March 2012) in the house I live in now with my mother and my neice (who has since moved out) My Mum woke up in the middle of the night thinking that my neice or myself were lying on the end of the bed. She looked and all she saw was darkness, she then felt as if she was being pressed down and couldn't move. She tried to call out but she felt as if she couldn't. The next morning, my neice was in her bedroom lying in bed. She felt as if something heavy was sitting on her feet so she moved them, the same feeling happened again a few seconds after moving her feet. She then went into the kitchen and sat with my Mum. I woke from a horrid dream, that I couldn't get out of the house and something was chasing me. I couldn't escape. My neice and Mum returned from shopping (I had no knowledge of the experiences my Mum and Neice had) I told my Mum about the dream and that's when she informed me about what had happened to her and my neice.

We then got my brothers mother-in-law to bless the house, her and a friend of hers walked around the house chanting a maori prayer. I could hear them coughing as they walked around. I sat in the lounge with my neice hugging her. My eyes didn't adjust to the black. The room stayed dark, I could see a kind of dark smog in the lounge and pitch black down the hallway. Your eyes should automatically adjust to darkness but it stayed dark. We had a prayer and sat down and talked about what happened. My brothers mother-in-law turned to my Mum and said 'You know one of your girls is gifted' My Mum nodded and said 'Yes, my baby is' (meaning me lol) She asked if I had any questions, I just asked 'Is it going to get worse?' she explained 'It will as you get older, its a gift and all you need to do is tell them to bugger off. Don't mess with ouija boards, wands and silliness. This isn't Harry Potter' Her jokes put me a little at ease.

I do believe I can see them, sense them. But I chose whether I want to or not. Who could be prepared for something like this? I'm getting older and I'm kind of scared. But I guess I have to embrace the gift I was given. I must have it for some reason right? Lol.

Thanks for reading, I would love to have feedback if you have had any similar experiences or if you have the gift of spiritual sight too.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tenacious, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

InuYasha710 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
I've had the same type of experiences. I know, I'm gifted like you. I can see, an talk to them. Many don't getthis gift often. So if you ignore and block them out it'll leave your life.
astronutties (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Tenacious, feel free to contact me at astronutties [at] gmail.com
Tenacious (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
[at] astronutties

Sorry to be up front but is there any other way I could contact you? Maybe via email?
astronutties (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
<Thank you so much for the advise! I still have a few cold moments every now and then but it soon fades off when I feel I'm getting to uncomfortable and wish for them to go away. I'm not ready yet, I'm not sure if I will be any time soon. But what you've said has made a lot of sense. Thanks (: and bless you.>

I'm glad that I could help. Of all the stories I've read on this site, it was your's that compelled me to sign up to this site and write to you. I wish you the best of luck for your endeavours in the future. God bless. =)
Tenacious (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
astronutties

<My advice for you would be to not try doing anything until you feel ready to start researching/investigating your abilities. You will reach a stage in your life where you will want to start knowing more about your abilities so if you're not at that stage yet, then don't worry about it because you probably aren't ready yet. If you have already, then that's great!>

Thank you so much for the advise! I still have a few cold moments every now and then but it soon fades off when I feel I'm getting to uncomfortable and wish for them to go away. I'm not ready yet, I'm not sure if I will be any time soon. But what you've said has made a lot of sense. Thanks (: and bless you.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Good story😊I'm not gifted but my mom and grandmother do have the ability to speak with the spirits. Thanks for sharing

Lol shellzy😆
[at] Coludlestorm- you are an unique person with SIXTH EYE and THIRD SENSE (?). Iteresting.

~Nikky
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
LOL Miracles I was just thinking the same thing!
The 'sixth eye' makes me think of a big nasty spider with a head full of mulitple eyes 😆 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
Cloudlestorm - are you sure you aren't combining the two terms "Sixth Sense" and "Third Eye" and coming up with "Sixth Eye?"
Cloudlestorm (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
I DO have a gift. It is called the Sixth eye. The Sixth eye is what caused you to see these things. Did you know, however-I closed my sixth eye? I told myself, and the ghost I felt, "I'm done, go away, I'm tired of the nights you've haunted me, I'm tired of taking a shower and seeing writing in the steamy windows-I refuse to see this." Because I felt scared all the time.However,after a year, I want to re-open it, because I miss seeing this kind of of stuff. I tried opening in by saying, "Open again. I want to listen and hear you, see you and feel you. Come back, I welcome your world into mine." At once, I felt sick again, and nervously look over my shoulder. The ghost had answered me once more, and I quickly closed my sixth eye again. I am afraid to open it again, but I shall.
astronutties (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
I'm not a very spiritually sensitive person but these sorts of things have always interested me. I'm only 22 but I have been on a long journey, learning about the true nature of God and my spirituality.

What I wanted to tell you is that I have a friend who is very sensitive and has grown up having to figure out how to deal her abilities mostly by herself. Some of the things she can do include being able to see/sense spirits, have visions in her dreams, hear other people's thoughts and much more. I guess your story reminded me of her.

She's only about 21 and she only recently learned that she could 'shut it off'. This wasn't easy for her though and despite their being a lot of the bad stuff that comes with her abilities, she found it too difficult to live without them.

What I've learned through my journey and by being friends with this girl is that you always have power over anything spiritual that is happening around you. If you ever feel uncomfortable, you can always ask them to leave you alone, tell them they are unwelcome, tell them that it is time for them to go be with God, etc.

My advice for you would be to not try doing anything until you feel ready to start researching/investigating your abilities. You will reach a stage in your life where you will want to start knowing more about your abilities so if you're not at that stage yet, then don't worry about it because you probably aren't ready yet. If you have already, then that's great!

If you are though, then read up on other people's experiences before you ever try anything and learn from them. Most spirits don't mean you any harm but if you make room for them in your life, you can accidentally invite something, with a more sinister nature that happens to be passing by, if you don't know what you're doing.

Just remember that none of us are ever really ready for life or any of the learning curves we have to go through but we still manage by taking small steps. I believe that it will be the same for you with your developing abilities. 😊
Tenacious (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
[at] TCW1234

It's kind of comfoting to know that I'm not the only one that experiences encounters like this. I don't know what any of it means, or what I'm supposed to do. It's really confusing:/
TCW1234 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Hi I have had a lot of the same experiences my first one was when I was about 3 before we moved from new Zealand to Australia I had the big man in the long trench coat with a cowboy sort of hat walking towards me, this is the oldest memory I have had and then when I was about 7 I saw a black figure in the hallway for a few seconds and then just disappeared. And after my step grandmothers funeral I was sleeping and my Grandads house and my mum was also sleeping in the room and during the night I sat up and I sat up started talking to someone but he couldn't see anyone there this is what she told me the next morning that this had happened I had no former knowledge that this had happened. My sister was also very active with kind of thing happening to her and we always used to wake up and feel like there was something heavy holding us down. Please write back if you have anything further to say because you seem to know a lot more about what this is then I do because I've never spoken to anyone that would know much about this kind of thing before.
Hitsugaya_Toshiro_ice (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
Maybe you are chosen to help spirits, solve their problem, and guide them to the light.
Don't be scared, its a good thing to help the spirits.
Altough it may feel weird at first, but you will be fine.
Take care and good luck 😊
patgallagher (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
evolution. Knowledge is the greatest power. Knowledge of things unseen though ever present can lead to power and survival. And me being a catholic I would have gotten an exorcist but still. Better something then nothing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: