You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is A Ghost Following My Baby?

Real Ghost Stories

Is A Ghost Following My Baby?

 

Before I get into what I saw about an hour and a half ago I will let you know a little bit of the events leading up to this.

My son will be 3 months old in about a week and ever since he was about 4 weeks old he will smile at nothing. I hold him laying on my chest and talk to him and he will look beside me and smile and giggle. I have also walked in on him laying in his swing looking towards a blank wall laughing. I've always wondered if maybe someone is watching over him but figured he was just a happy baby and I was imagining the ghost.

We live in an apartment that was built in about the 1970's I believe and nothing bad has really happened here that I know of but ever since we moved here a year ago I have always felt watched, especially when I'm home alone, even more so when my back is turned while doing dishes or changing the babies diaper I feel like there's someone right behind me.

When I was a child I saw ghosts often. One occurrence was when I was in 6th grade and I lived in an apartment with my dad and sisters. It was about midnight and I heard my dad go into the restroom and I wanted to talk to him so I opened our bedroom door and it was pitch black in the hallway but I saw something that looked dark and human like and almost mimicked my dad but it was crawling fast into his room. Right after my dad opened the bathroom door and I broke into tears, within the next week my dad had something sit on the end of his bed while sleeping, and a week after that he felt something sitting on his back while sleeping and couldn't breathe. Also when I was home alone there I heard foot steps in the ceiling and we were on the 3rd story and also had cabinets open and close.

Now to what I saw. I was in the bathtub with the door open and my fiance was in our living room playing with our son. I only caught a glimpse of something white and tall and VERY fast moving that walked towards my son's room. I didn't think anything of it because it was about as tall as my fiance and I thought he was just rushing to my sons room to grab something and not leave him alone long. Then about a few minutes later he actually came into the bathroom and from the direction of our living room where he had been, our living room is to the right of our bathroom and our son's room is directly to the left of the bathroom. I saw he was wearing a black shirt. I automatically got freaked out and asked him if he had gone into our baby's room and he swore he had not.

What could this be? I'm really scared for myself and our baby. I don't know if it wants to harm us or why it is here. Any advice?

P.S- I didn't see a full body shape I just saw a big white fast moving blur around where his chest would be, he's about 5'11. And it seemed to be moving like a person like walking but I didn't see legs, I'm not sure how to explain it I hope someone can help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AverysMommy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kkasher26 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Have you try listening to the monitor what the sounds are? Maybe that a spirit trying to tell you something and wants your attention try to talk to it as soon as you call it it will listen to you and maybe it will give you some answers. I heard that if spirits are showing any signs of themselves it means that they are lost and best thing is to go to church and pray for it. Its not a bad spirit because if it was it would have harmed you or your baby by now
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
In Islam we believe that when a girl is born God Almighty sends with it several angels to comfort it and a boy is sent into this world with one angel. The angels duty is to comfort and protect from satanic forces which will try to frighten the child. These angels can be seen clearly by an infant up to a certain age. The fact that your child was smiling and happy is a good sign as a demonic force would, without doubt, make the child cry so please don't worry and be happy that an angel is watching over your baby:-)
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
At 4 weeks old babies begin to smile and coo. They can't really see very much yet but can follow objects. I would jump to ghost conclusions over your babies natural mile stones.

Other then your new born baby giggling and smiling (which is good and doesn't mean there are spirits in your home.) the only thing you said was you feel watched and saw a blur. Well, the blur could have been anything and doesn't necessarily mean ghost/spirit and the feeling of being watched sounds like you might be a little paranoid and jumping to conclusions. This is not meant to insult you I get paranoid sometimes to... Its normal... At least I hope it is...lol
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
scaredme: I know you're young so I'm going to take this opportunity to enlighten you on one of the points of your comment... No offense intended...

You said "If you believe in ghosts, you should see them, but if you don't believe in ghost, you shouldn't see them."...Not everyone is blessed with the ability to see spirits, whether they believe or not... And many have seen them after being hardcore non-believers and have been convinced otherwise after their own experiences...

Again, just trying to teach you a li'l somethin' 😊
scaredme (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
I think that it is your guide angel because I understand how you feel... I am a young person (Im 13) but I had seen ghosts not once and that's why I'm visiting this page. You said that your son is giggling when he turns around or he's concentration is on something else, I think that this ghost is trying to help your child grow on to be happy... It may be someone from you family that died but it can also be a normal person that was once a teacher or a babysitter (it dosen't have to be though).
Maybe try to talk to the ghost and ask why he/she is here and who he/she is. It is very hard to get to know a ghost if it is moving very quickly but from what you said, it didn't do any harm to you or your child but it tried to make your son laugh, from that my investigation is that you should pray to God and don't let the ghost see that you are scared because it will try and harm you then but also don't laugh at it either, try to 'become friends' with it and as soon as you see the ghost or your child starts giggling at something else try talking to the ghost. It is easier if you are not a teenager (or a person -16). If you believe in ghosts, you should see them, but if you don't believe in ghost, you shouldn't see them. If I were you, I would put some God statues around the house (or bless it-blessing the house helps because I've done it) and go to the church so you could have a 'conversation' with God in a holy place.
Hope I've helped. If you need anything else, write to me. 😊
ghost28 (3 stories) (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
First I have a few questions,
1. Do you feel bad energy around sometimes?
2. Do you have any family that has not meet the baby? (meaning they died.)

If you said "No." to the first question I would say you are over thinking this a bit. It could be a guardian angel like I had. Until you start finding marks on your baby or she starts crying instead of giggling I would get worried. Also if you want to, talk to the ghost. I know it sounds stupid but as it yes or no questions. One knock for yes, two for no. Just a suggestion!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
AverysMommy,

Being a new Parent has your senses on edge and you are likely to feel any 'presence' as a threat to you and your Baby.

Feel free to try this 'Recipe' I use this for my Family and Home and others here on site have done so as well, with good results...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Thank you for sharing this with us and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hitsugaya_Toshiro_ice (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Its natural if you feel uneasy and worried, that means you are a good mum.
Babies are more sensitive to spiritual being than adults.
Have you try apartment blessing? Because if you feel like the ghost threathen you or disturb you, you might want to do apartment blessing.
But, you can still protect yourself and your baby by imagining the light of love and good feelings shine upon your family.
The ghost will never harm you.

Or would you want to try this?

1. Smudge your house by burning sage throughout the house to cleanse negative energy within the dwelling.

Option 2. Lay down a line of salt across your doors and windows, a practice used since ancient times to provide barriers against malevolent or harmful entities negative energy cannot cross the barrier

Option 3. Keep wild roses In your dwelling in as many rooms as possible these put off massive amounts of life energy and for reasons not yet known repels negative spirits

For personal protection for your body bathe in an infusion of lavender oil, holy water, warm water, rose petals, or incense ash it will provide personal protection against any negative spirits.
AverysMommy (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
Hitsugaya_Toshiro_ice: I have actually tried looking up our apartment history online but with no luck, sadly. I have been wondering whom it might be and have only come to think it might be my grandfather who passed a few years ago but then I disregard the thought because I get an unsettling feeling when I feel watched and like someone is there. I don't feel comfortable in my own home anymore, I'm not sure if it's because I may be in harm or if I'm just scared of the unknown.

The past couple days something new has actually been happening. When I put my son in his room for a nap and turn on the baby monitor I can hear things moving around, or almost like something breaths into the monitor or knocks on it sometimes. We have 2 cats so I assume I might have closed them in his room by accident so I go in and they are not in there. I've been leaving his door open when hes in there now because I'm scared for him. Am I over thinking this or should I be worried?
Hitsugaya_Toshiro_ice (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
Maybe it is the previous room apartment owner or a wandering spirit.
Have you checked on your apartment history?
Just pray to god, ask god to protect you and your baby. If the spirit cause no harm, maybe you can leave the spirit be, or do an apartment blessing
You can also protect your family by imagining white light filled with good things and love. Let the white light shines upon your family, imagine it protect you from anything harm. This will work

Don't show your fear, and be well 😊
May you find a happy living

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: