You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Black Shadows And Moving Objects. Saying Good Bye?

Real Ghost Stories

Black Shadows And Moving Objects. Saying Good Bye?

 

Let me first just say my dad died in our house when I was only young and this may be the reason why these occurrences have well occurred. (Just to say these are 100% true, I wouldn't be here otherwise)

Well the first thing was (This isn't major but I'll tell you anyway) me and my sister in law where sat outside and she had a full glass of wine on the table and it moved let's say 4 cm, on the day there was no wind at all due to it being very sunny.

Second was I was sat in the house by myself and I don't know whether I was just on edge because I had just read some stories on here or this was real but, my nephews have like a horse toy and you can bounce up and down on it and it makes like a noise. Anyway, back to the point. I was sat on our sofa when I heard it go off so I walked into the back room to check it and then switched it off and went upstairs to get a shower. But I swear to god I heard it go off again and a child's giggle.

Now this is the most significant occurrence. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth ready to go to bed and I was stood in front of the mirror. I swear I saw in my parents room (I have a stepdad) a tall black figure. Now for the age I am, my height is above average and my father when alive was quite tall and let's say he wasn't one of the thinnest people in the world. I turned around and saw someone walk out of the window. Just climb out (as you do).

I just thought this may have been my imagination and blaming my tiredness. I went to bed and fell asleep as usual. But I woke up at 3 to a heavy weight on my legs. I kicked my legs trying to get it off but every time I did it got heavier. I have medals from various things on my wardrobe handle and they began to swing. I then heard someone whisper in my ear.

Can someone tell me what it is. Is it my father saying hello?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghosthunter483, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ghosthunter483 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Thanks again, but the happenings have come to a sudden holt if they begin to rear up again I will sure take your advice:)
Slenderman (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
[at] Rook

Ah, thank you muchly. I will be sure to read that post then.

Keep it real,

Slenderman
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Slenderman,

Welcome to Late Nights. 😁

This 'Recipe' as I've come to call it, is simply some thing I do for myself and my Family. It is a combination of things I have learned, either from my time as a practicing witch, or what I have LEARNED as a Christian. It can be used by anyone, of any Faith or Belief.

There are many people I have offered it to, here on site and to people off site. One who's 'name' is Trix posted this experience about actually using the Recipe...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=13085

You will also see I was not the only person to offer advice that she put to good use. Enjoy your time here on site.

Respectfully,

Rook
Slenderman (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
[at] Rook

You sir, are a wonderful person. I have read multiple stories, and in the comments you have mentioned your "Cleansing/shielding" method. I finally see what it is.

[at] Ghosthunter

From your story and your follow up posts, it doesn't sound like your father, to me at least. I would follow up on what Rook suggests, if it fits the situation.

Keep it real,

Slenderman
Ghosthunter483 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
No there was no water on the table as I say it was quite a scorching day
Ghosthunter483 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Thanks for the comments everyone. Sometimes it feels warm and soft. But sometimes it feels when I'm in bed that someone is in my face and breathing on me
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Ghosthunter,

Some good advice has been give here, you may even want to try this... At the least it could help clean out any negative energy that may be built up in your home... It can also help determine if this...spirit...is positive or negative.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please ask any questions you may have and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Crystal4 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
These experiences could sound scary, but did you get very scared? I tend to find when my grandfather contacts me, he doesn't do anything that would scare me, every time I have contact from him or a sign he is around, I feel comforted and safe and happy and not afraid in the slightest. I'd say to go by your feeling. If it feels familiar and warm, it'd be your dad. If it makes you feel nervous and like someone is toying with you, it could be something else. If you are religious, pray, if not, just visualise beautiful white light taking away any darkness or anything sinister. I have had both comforting and scary ghost experiences, and the scary ones can be very traumatic. Let us know how you go:-)
ryan1993 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
i agree with chowpop3 below, I think this is something powerful trying to trick you, get the specialists in before anything else happens.
chowpop3 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Dear Ghost Hunter 483,
Once the physical contact starts I strongly recommend you contact a paranormal specialist since you do not want to be in risk of getting harmed. Before you agree with the other 2 comments ask yourself: Would my dad do this to me if he were still alive? Or could he be angry of something maybe that your mother married someone someone else? Also, ask your mother/grandmother if he used to sneak out windows. Signs (for example the child laughter) are probably proving that it is not your father. If you find out this would be unlike your father, there may be a very powerful entity haunting your home... Contact a paranormalist right away! Hope I helped! 😁
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Yeah, I tend to agree with hallyberrybro. It sounds like unusual behaviour for a family member just visiting unless he used to press on your legs when he tucked you in or something (my husband always squeezes my foot when I ask him to tuck me in). And why would he go out the window? Was he accustomed to using the windo in life? It sounds like something else and maybe more than one something elses as you describe a tall, black figure and a child's laugh. As for the wine glass, was there water on the table? Sometimes glasses can appear to move of there own accord when they are in water. It's something to do with pressurized air getting sealed under the glass and causing it to float across the water.
hallyberrybro (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
I don't think your father would scare you like that. I think maybe something else is there also. That could explain the child's giggle. The stories I've heard that involved a loved one that has passed was a feeling of peace or safety not fear, but maybe this is different. Be careful and Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: