You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Girls Boarding House Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Girls Boarding House Ghost

 

I am a 17-year-old girl who lives in a boarding house with over 70 other girls.

As you can imagine, it is a fairly large co‑ed school and boarding house, and recently the school has had to build a new wing for the year 11 girls, because of the amount of girls being accepted.

Now most would think, because it is a brand new wing of the boarding house, there would be no history and you wouldn't expect there to be any goings on, but this is not the case and is somewhat confusing.

For many nights now, months even, the girls and I have all had paranormal experiences that are completely unexplainable.

For example, recently I have been waking up to tapping on my little window beside my bed, like someone was there, and this brings with at a very eerie feeling. We also keep a small fridge in the big open rec room just opposite mine and another girl's door, and we have hear the squeaking of it opening and someone putting a glass down on the table, although we do not keep cups in that part of the boarding house.

Another experience we have had was one night many of us woke up to the sound of the double doors opening just opposite my room, but the supervisors keep these doors locked at all times because they lead out to a small brick courtyard no one uses.

Now this may all seem explainable and come down to some girls just having fun, but after many sleepless nights from all of us, and after much discussion, it is plain to see that no one is joking around anymore, and something serious is going on.

This document was recently turned back due to not enough evidence of the supernatural, but sure enough, I have better evidence. The night I got the email was when things really started to happen. Weird, I know.

I was laying in bed on the phone to my boyfriend, as usual. I had one foot in the blanket and one foot out. Just as I was about to turn over, I felt something grab my big toe, not for long, but something definitely grabbed it.

Now I'm not sure if this is what you would call "sufficient" supernatural evidence, but it was evidence enough to scare me.

I truly believe there is something going on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bellza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
You might want to reasearch to see if there was a graveyard close or if the new wing was built? Or maybe while building that may have waken up something. Was their activity in the older wings?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I am confused about something here. You say you are 17 years old, yet the system says you a young adult. If you were 17, the system would record you as being a teenager. So, please explain this discrepancy.

Jav 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
A boarding school for for girls ranging in age from 11/12 all the way through 18/19? Is this the correct age range? Can you imagine the energy that is building with-in the walls of this school? (No offence meant)

Poltergeist activity is most often documented around children as they enter the years of puberty... As the body and mind undergo some very real physical changes a lot of 'energy' is developed. Spirit's / Entities can be attracted to this type of energy... Now with everything that normally goes on with-in the school perhaps the 'normal level' of activity is missed, or 'passed off' as some of the girls 'having a joke'.

The construction of the new wing however stirred up these spirits / entities and they are now manifesting in ways that are getting noticed.

Just a thought on what may be happening. The best way to be sure... The Journals... By comparing dates and times of occurrences, and just what the occurrence is, between everyone who is experiencing something a better picture can be developed.

Thank you for sharing, please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Crystal4 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
It was a friend of mine from South Korea who first told me that hauntings don't just happen to run down old houses or places people have died. I lived in a house about 25 years old a few years ago and it was very haunted, now I live in a house about 60 years old and nothing. I am also in Australia, whereabouts is the boarding house?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
ngute80 - Laugh out loud 😉 (wink, wink) Let's see...hmmm...sometimes that 50 character thing is a pain, even for someone like me who likes to talk a lot 😆

And, before I forget, thank you 😊
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Yes Miracles the journal is a great idea 😉

50 characters 50 characters 50 characters
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
ngute - along with your advice, I'd like to add mine about the journal. Rook has recently, maybe even today as a matter of fact, suggested to someone who has shared experiences with their sister that they both keep a journal and compare their experiences. I think that would be a good thing to do here. If there are this many girls experiencing things, then I highly suggest they keep journals of the things they are experiencing.

Bellza - many of us keep journals of our experiences. I am one of them. I truly do believe a journal could be something very beneficial here. It can help y'all figure out if there is something paranormal going on or not. Keep track of dates and times, put as much information in as you can. Make it your journal, not your friends' journal. This is personal. I don't mean you shouldn't tell anyone. What I mean is this is your way of validating what you are experiencing.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Many people think that if a place is haunted someone must have died in there or it must be really old, but that (most of the time) is not the case. You have to consider that land it was built on and other factors. If I were you I would talk to all the other girls about their paranormal experiences and go to your supervisers about it. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: