You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Stalking Wolf

Real Ghost Stories

The Stalking Wolf

 

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been followed by a large black dog that looks rather similar to a wolf. If I'm going for a walk it will follow behind me, a couple of times it has actually walked beside me. No one else sees it but me, sometimes I think I'm going crazy. Every time I visit the graveyard, it's there.

I've never tried patting it, and I've never talked to it. Should I? It doesn't exactly scare me, but I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. I don't have any friends, so I get extremely lonely and depressed. It's kind of nice having it around, and when I don't see it I kind of miss it. It has bright yellow eyes and sometimes I'll see it from afar, just staring. Maybe it's my guardian? I've heard about guardians before but I never really believed it.

A couple of months ago I was having a panic attack, I felt like I was dying. Then I saw the black dog come out from the shadows of my room. I thought I was imagining it, but then it got extremely close to me and instead of feeling alarmed, I felt calm. I just lay there feeling tired and relaxed as it sat beside me, and I fell asleep.

If anyone could tell me what it is, or if it wants anything. Please let me know. Will it follow me for the rest of my life? What if I got a dog, would it hurt it?

I haven't been brought up with any kind of religion so I don't know what I believe in. I've read before that black dogs are evil or a sign of the "devil" and they are dangerous. But this creature hasn't harmed me in any way. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MoonlightShadows, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TuBZ (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-18)
In all honesty, I believe the 'Wolf' is your Spirit Animal. Google it, 'tis very interesting. Enjoyed reading your story. Amen & Godspeed
ArriannaSharde (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
You do not need to fear this wolf. He/she is a protector, guardian, whatever you wish to call him. Talking to him is fine. Black dogs are no different than white dogs. My guardian is a large, shapeshifting, black wolf, very similar to yours. He follows me, protects me. Only one or two of my very spiritual friends are aware when he is nearby, but cannot see him. I have had a sheltie for 4 years, and there has never been an issue; one is a spiritual protector, one is physical. They see each other as allies. They are both protecting what is dear to them; me. My wolf has jumped out of the shadows and startled/scared me multiple times. But he knows no other way to play. He lives in the darkness after all. Dark beings still have hearts and are just as loyal, if not more loyal than light beings. I do not know if he will follow you forever. I can imagine he would, and follow one of your children after you.

Good luck with your wolf,
Arrianna
MoonlightShadows (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Jesus_soldier- It does seem kind of scary to think of something coming from the shadows of your room, but I wasn't scared one bit. Maybe it's because i'm use to this dog/wolf, I've been seeing it since I was a litle girl. I'm not really frightned of it.
Stephy- No it's definitely some type of spirit, no one see's it. One time I was with my mum and the dog was about 7 meters away just watching. I asked her if she could see it and she said no. The dog also isn't a part of my imagination, I know a lot of people would think it is... But I know it's really there. I don't have any mental illness (apart from clinical depression).
WhiteWolf- Thank you for the comment:) that's awesome.
Redphx- I haven't tried talking to it yet because the last time I seen it was when I was having a panic attack (about 10 days ago). Will keep you updated though. I don't have friends because I've always been bad at making friends and keeping them. Ever since I could walk I recall not liking other people- I have 2 half sisters that I get along with just fine, but when it comes to having friends... I just don't feel comfortable around any of them. I also have trust issues. I don't believe in any way that this dog spirit is keeping me from having friends, it's just me. I'm not really complaining though.
Johnjohn- wow big comment lol. Thank you for this information! But no I am not native american. I was born in new zealand, my dad and his side of the family come from england and my mum was also born in new zealand. I have a bit of italian in me also. I do believe this dog is my guardian, but from the advice of others, I won't completely trust this spirit.
THANK YOU ALL and will keep yous updated:)
johnjohn17 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
i got an inportant question are you native american, native american folklore about wolves and dogs and what you describe goes along with the native american folklore
"Wolves figure prominently in the mythology of nearly every Native American tribe. In most Native cultures, Wolf is considered a medicine being associated with courage, strength, loyalty, and success at hunting. Like bears, wolves are considered closely related to humans by many North American tribes, and the origin stories of some Northwest Coast tribes, such as the Quileute and the Kwakiutl, tell of their first ancestors being transformed from wolves into men. In Shoshone mythology, Wolf plays the role of the noble Creator god, while in Anishinabe mythology a wolf character is the brother and true best friend of the culture hero. Among the Pueblo tribes, wolves are considered one of the six directional guardians, associated with the east and the color white. The Zunis carve stone wolf fetishes for protection, ascribing to them both healing and hunting powers.

Wolves are also one of the most common clan animals in Native American cultures. Tribes with Wolf Clans include the Creek (whose Wolf Clan is named Yahalgi or Yvhvlke), the Cherokee (whose Wolf Clan name is Aniwahya or Aniwaya,) the Chippewa (whose Wolf Clan and its totem are called Ma'iingan,) Algonquian tribes like the Lenape, Shawnee and Menominee, the Huron and Iroquois tribes, Plains tribes like the Caddo and Osage, Southern tribes like the Chickasaw, the Pueblo tribes of New Mexico, and Northwest Coast tribes like the Tlingit, Tsimshian, and Kwakiutl. Wolf was an important clan crest on the Northwest Coast and can often be found carved on totem poles. The wolf is also the special tribal symbol of several tribes and bands, such as the Munsee Delaware, the Mohegans, and the Skidi Pawnee. Some eastern tribes, like the Lenape and Shawnee, have a Wolf Dance among their tribal dance traditions"
"Dogs usually play the role of loyal helpers and friends of men in Native American folklore, just as they do in most other world mythology. Many Native American folktales have to do with the proper treatment of dogs-- people who are kind and generous to their dogs are often rewarded, while people who abuse, disrespect, or even annoy dogs are harshly punished. Presumably this reflects the high esteem that many tribes held dogs in-- dogs were the only domesticated animals in most of North America and played crucial roles as pack animals, hunting companions, and camp guards. (They were also raised for food in some tribes, which is not necessarily incompatible with the theme of respect-- some other animals that were regularly eaten by Native Americans, such as buffalo and bears, were highly respected and had taboos governing their treatment.)

Dogs are also occasionally used as clan animals in some Native American cultures. Tribes with Dog Clans include the Menominee tribe and the Ottawa tribe. The dog was also the symbol of several warrior societies of the Great Plains, such as the Crazy Dog Society of the Crow tribe (Bishkawaalaaxe, in the Crow language,) or the highly respected Dog Soldiers of the Cheyenne (Hotametaneo'o or Hotamitanio in Cheyenne, also known as the Dog-Men or Dog Warriors.) To Cheyennes, the dog represents fierce guardianship and self-sacrifice." I got this info from http://www.native-languages.org because from what you described sounded to be from native american paranormal activity goes through every religion and every culture
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
don't let his appearance determine what he is. You need to trust the energy that he is made up of. If you say this being calms you and makes you feel safe then I would say this being is a guardian of sorts. I haven't heard too many encounters where people say their guardian showed them they were there.

I think you should talk to it. Ask him if he is there to keep you safe, if he helps you, if he is your guide. I wouldn't know if this being was able to vocalize or give you messages so it may be easier to ask yes and no questions to see his reaction.

Not to intrude but is there any reason you don't have friends? I am curious to know if people feel uncomfortable around you. It may be that this being is causing people unease so they don't want to spend time with you and he will have you all to himself. If he is the reason you don't have friends then he is not a guide. Not saying he still wouldn't care for you but he would malicious intent, not someone who is helping you
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
to answer your question "Will it follow me for the rest of my life? What if I got a dog, would it hurt it?"

I believe that it is a guardian and that it will follow you for the rest of your life because it is there to protect you.

I do not believe it will harm an animal if you get one.

My spirit animal is a white wolf and it has not harmed me so I do not think that your guardian will harm you.

The myths about black dogs always define the dog as a large dog with bright red eyes and spiky hair (I have read about this description in a werewolf book and it is about the encounters in England)

Thank you for sharing and I hope my comment helps 😁

Whitewolf
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Well... My first question would be "is this a real dog?" I can't really be sure from your story. To me, it seems it could simply be a real stray that has an attachment to you if it sees you frequently. THen you mentioned you saw it in your room at night. THis could have been your eyes playing a trick on you. I would first and foremost verify if the dog you are seeing is a real dog. Can others see it? Check into that first and then we can know more about your situation.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
...It came from the shadows of your room. That is some crazy stuff. I don't know about anybody else, but I wouldn't want any spirit coming to me from shadows. I don't care if it was to comfort me. The bright yellow eyes stuck out to me as well (no, not because of the yellow eyed demon from the show supernatural. I love that show by the way). It just doesn't sit well with me.

You said that you tried to make friends, and found out that you actually prefer your own company. I understand that, but some spirits will make their victim excluded from society. These type of spirits don't care about your loneliness. They just want you alllllll by themselves. I experienced this first hand. All i'm going to say is 'Beware of dog'.
MoonlightShadows (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Thanks everyone for the comments & advice. I know for a fact that I don't have MPD lol, it's definitely real. I visit the graveyard a lot because i've had a lot of family members pass, plus I like going there because it's peaceful. I have been making more of an effort with people, but now I realise how much I actually prefer my own company. I do think this dog is a protector, but you's are right... I won't trust it completely and rely on it's company.
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
When I was younger I went for a walk in the woods and I had a temper tantrum. I did that a lot. Anyway... I heard a sound of walking in old dead leaves I was standing still making thought of what I had done. And I heard a growl. It was a strange growl. It got really close. I began to head back home. I actually ran! I could hear it but I could not see it. When I got to the house. My dad said! Baby girl... Why did you bring home that strange dog. I never even seen it. My point is sometimes things happen and we can see it or someoneone else can see it... No one should say if you are wrong or right. Maybe its a demon or maybe its not I will see if I can find anything on this and I willlet you know.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
MoonlightShadows,
So far, I see two things that give me pause...
First, this statement:
"Every time I visit the graveyard, it's there."
Are you a frequent visitor? Why? Do you have a loved one interred there?
Second, this statement:
"I don't have any friends, so I get extremely lonely and depressed"
In this instance I feel you should follow the advice given by BlueTurtle.

As for the dog? I am with LouSlips when it comes to your interactions with this K9. Take notes, pay attention. But don't let it become an obsession.

Jav ❤
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
The only ocurrences I could find on a black dog was Black Dog Furniture in NZ (which might explain your feelings of comfortablility - don't mind the humor) and tales of black dogs in England which are considered evil entities. However, your account is one of protection and security.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting a real dog, but I would focus on strengthening your human relationships. Don't let the dog become your sole companion just because he's around. He may be a guide for you, but you should move on and try to develop friendships if you can. I realize that, if you don't have any friends now, it would be difficult to acquire some, but start talking to people. Just don't mention your spiritual friend.

Keep an open mind and cherish but be wary of this connection that you have. It's not a good thing to depend on it.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Side note: Wow... This wasn't the least bit predictable... Old dog with no new tricks.

Moonlight:

Most "imaginary friends" disappear in childhood. This seems like a lot more than just that. I believe the wolf is a protector, but I do not know from what. Beware of any manipulation on its part and the consequences. If it leads you to, or away from something, and the consequences are bad... You need to extinguish this before it gets worse. In the event that it does help you along the way, please be very careful and do not trust it completely... Its intentions could be hidden for another reason entirely.

Lou

This comment from Rashidah is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
I read a book that spoke about MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) Sometimes due a terrible event a person creates a seperate personality (whether they are aware of the other personality or not) Sometimes the personality is stronger and "fights" on behalf of the person. Maybe this wolf\ dog is a friend you created to protect you or keep you company since your feeling lonely. I believe your gut feel of it being safe and friendly makes it so. I think yo're a very strong person because if I had to see that I know I wouldn't be ok with it. Keep us posted, maybe its your spiritual guide?!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: