You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Orb Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Orb Encounters

 

I'm Vivek, 19 years old from India. This incident happened to me after an year of joining college.

There was a cultural function one December Sunday in my college and I started from my home by 6 am to help the staff there as I was studying there. The function was grand and it got over by 7pm in the evening. My friends and others ate in a restaurant. We said goodbye and departed. Myself and two of my friends were on our way back home by foot since my home was on the way as theirs. My home was a bit far from theirs and I said good bye and departed.

I had to travel alone in a deserted road then. Since it was December it was a bit misty and cold. It was 9.30 exactly then. I had to go by a deserted road which on the right side had a very big play ground and on the other side a big vacant area fenced with a big compound wall belonging to the city corporation filled with trees. It is common here in India for power cuts and so it was darker than ever since it was December with power cut.

I was just going by my way to home casually hearing songs from my pod until I noticed something odd on 25 or 30 feet high trees in that area belonging to corporation. I stopped there to see what that was and I saw a few brightly coloured orbs in the size of cricket balls. To be Correct there were three. They were greenish and whitish in colour. I was just struck like "why the hell are these here?" They were revolving themselves. I was scared like I was in hell.

It is a practice in India to spit thrice when someone notices or comes across a spirit or ghost or any supernatural things. I did the same and walked quickly from there.

On coming to my locality I rushed to my friend's home to narrate what I experienced. He said that it would have been the moon. I looked up and I saw the moon but it was in the East and what I saw was in the West. Then he told me that it would have been the lights and I told that there wasn't power there. My friend was now totally convinced that I really saw orbs and told this to his mom. She too was convinced and told that she too had seen them but realised what they were just now.

I don't know whether they were orbs or not but I mentioned as orbs since they were round and spherical. But I'm sure they were supernatural. Please let me know if they are any other supenatural things

Friends over here reading this, this is a real incident I've experienced.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vivek161293, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ammu_teddy (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
I also had similar experience almost 13 years back. It wasn't higher from the ground. It appeared almost the same height as mine 😭.
EternalEmotions107 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
If you saw it with your own eyes, then it's more believable than a photo. I encountered orbs as a child in person. If you only saw them once outside, then it may have been a spirit, but not necessarily a spirit linked to you.
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Never seen orbs only spirits. I am with Steph... It could have been anything. Thanks for sharing your story very interesting.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Since you saw the orbs with your own eyes I can believe that it could have been the sign of a spirit. I do not believe in orbs in photographs because they can be either bugs or dust.

Thank you for sharing If you have another encounter with something that you believe is a spirit you should say a prayer so that it will not follow you home.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Really interesting. I personally don't think everything has to do with ghosts. I think there are many different types of spirits. I'm really unsure of what this could have been. Thank you for sharing!
vivek161293 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
[at] BlueTurtle:they road I was on when I saw those orbs was a big empty ground belonging to the city corporation and was full of trees. It couldn't have been an extra terrestrial object because it was just at the height if 25 or 30 feet.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
I don't know about aliens... But I've heard that orbs are the sign of spiritual phenomenon. Have you heard any stories about the road you were on to indicate that it might be haunted? Are there graveyards nearby or did something happen where someone might have died?

If you saw them in the vacant area, was there a building that used to be there but had been demolished? It's very interesting that you would see something like this.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
vivek,
I am not real familiar with the orb phenomenon. However, if you search this site, you may find more experiences close to what you had. Use the search box above. Good luck!
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Vivek it could be an alien spaceship, might be a flight...

Thanks for the sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: