You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Unexplainable Things After Grandmother's Passing

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplainable Things After Grandmother's Passing

 

It was 2001, my family and I was visiting my sick step-grandmother. The day she came home from the hospital she was with us for about 10 minutes and passed away. The next night, me, my brother and cousin were setting in the kitchen talking, listening to the radio. There was a old fashion clock hanging on the kitchen wall that didn't work. It didn't even have any batteries in it. We looked up at it, and it started ticking and making different noises. About 5 minutes later, there was about 3 different songs on the radio and the volume on the radio was going up and down. There was nobody at the radio but we could see the knobs moving.

Later on that night me and my brother were going to bed and I had to sleep where she passed away, in the living room. While I was trying to go to sleep I could hear the words and sounds she was making as she left us. I haven't really wanted to go back to that old house again.

In 2006 my oldest brother sold the house and land and moved to Florida. I feel like she was trying to send a message to us but I haven't figured out to this day what it could be. Maybe you can help me understand this situation a little bit better.

If anything like this has happened to you, please send me a comment sharing your story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KnAs4L, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

outta1smind (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
In March 1999, my Mom passed away after a long illness. On the night she passed away, I was atanding in the doorway of the room she slept in when I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and nobody was there. I chalked it up to my Mom trying to let me know she was still watching over me. Maybe that's what your grandmother was trying to convey to you. 😁
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-29)
I 'agree' with Athena, I think it was just
a sign from her, but of course such things
frighten us, even if we 'believe' in the
great beyond. Death and the supernatural is
just 'scary'
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
In the neighborhood there was a family who had just experienced the grandmother passing on. Upon her passing the door bell inexplicably rang 3 times. They believe gramma was just saying, "I made it to the other side!"
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
KnAs4L,
I was wondering what you meant by three songs on the radio. Was the station changing to three different songs or were there three different songs on at once?

Ceary
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Dear KnAs4L,

Your grandmother most likely stuck around after leaving her physical body and was trying to get your attention which she of course did. This to me is a positive sign, because she has left you with a very impressionable memory that she was there, as well as what I like to say is proof, if you wish to believe, that as humans we survive outside the physical body.

I think all loved ones want us to know that they are alive outside their physical bodies, and most all of them just want us to know that they love us, they can see us, and they are present in our daily lives, even if they have crossed over to the other side.

Love is the greatest message of all.--Abby
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
This little bit of story you shared sounds similar to a lot of things that happened to my family if you have read my story "After my grandfather died". Alot of different little things happened that definately made me a believer in the fact that he was still with us in spirit and watching over us. I believe that is what your grandmother was trying to tell you. Was that she was ok, and still with you. My family only had all the experiences shortly after he died. Then up to a year later, my grandmother did and then she passed away, after that everything stopped altogether. So that's telling me that they are together and happy and life goes on for the two of them and for me and my family. Although I still picture them with me whenever things are rough in my life and feel that security that they always gave me. Thanks for the story!
trainwater (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Well, I didn't have any physical exhibitions after anyone passed, but when my grandfather died, I had a dream that he came to my bedroom to say goodbye. To me, this dream seemed very real. I could smell him, he was wearing the hat he always wore and when he spoke to me, he called me by the nickname he'd always called me. After that dream, I still missed him, of course, but I felt more at peace.

I believe when our loved ones leave us, they really want to say goodbye. I bet that's what your grandmother was doing too!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: