You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Room 358

Real Ghost Stories

Room 358

 

Earhart Dorm Room 358 Experiences 


Fall 2011- Spring 2012



Dani (my stepsister) and I started researching paranormal things online. Anything really, out of pure interest and my past experiences. Found some creepy pictures and videos, really had a good time with it but nothing actually frightened us. After all, we were always together and completely inseparable.

We would watch shows on Syfy like Paranormal Witness and we'd talk about ghost stories, each of us had our own past experiences. Then one night we were laying in our lofted beds, on separate sides of the room, neither of us were moving or talking as we were trying to fall asleep. From underneath Dani's loft we heard a sound like fingers snapping. It was loud, and came from inside the room. We tested snapping outside the room and couldn't get the same results. All of our electronics had been shut off and phones had been on alarm only so it wasn't that either. It scared us both pretty bad but after that nothing happened for maybe two weeks.

So, two weeks later, the finger snapper ghost (we really had no better term for it) was out of our minds. We had stopped researching the paranormal, the "ghostie bug" was gone. Then I had a new nightmare. This was very unlike the ones when Dylan (my deceased classmate) had come to me saying he wasn't supposed to be dead and then continued to talk to me (see my other stories). In this dream a large black creature similar to the one I'd seen pictures of weeks earlier, crawled across the room and up both Dani's and my loft. I woke up, but went back to sleep shortly and nearly forgot about it.

The next day, Dani and I were at lunch. We hadn't broke routine or done anything out of the ordinary when she says to me she had a nightmare the night before. I hadn't said anything to her about mine at this point so I just listened. She talked about a black creature crawling around the room. Her description was really similar to mine. Then I told her about my dream and the thing that bothered us both was that we hadn't even talked about it for at least two weeks.

Again, we let the subject drop and decided that it would be best if we didn't talk about it, that maybe the experiences would stop. This worked for awhile, nothing really happened again until second semester, well after our holiday break. We hadn't talked about anything paranormal for months.

I was sleeping one morning and Dani had a test, I think it was a Thursday or a Friday. I woke up and said bye to Dani because I heard her get up and get ready. About 45 minutes later I heard the door open because it had a slight squeak. I tried to sit up but I couldn't. I figured I was experiencing sleep paralysis again, like I had several times before, so I wasn't immediately afraid. But then I realized I was awake and unable to move at all, so I waited for Dani to walk the short distance into my view. She never did. I still couldn't move and maybe a minute or two had passed. I then felt something crawl on my bed and my loft shook a little. I could feel whatever it was on my legs and I felt like I couldn't breathe, then I passed out. I didn't wake up again for an hour and by that time Dani was back; so I didn't panic or freak out. 


I think it was at this point we couldn't deny anymore that something was going on. I started to stay with the guy I was dating at the time more and more and my sister was staying with her boyfriend more often too. Although there were times we would both stay in the room by ourselves. We would both hear the doorknob turn in the middle of the night and someone push against our locked door trying to get in. We told our resident assistant because we legitimately thought someone would be trying to get into other rooms on our floor if it was happening to ours. No one else was having it happen and it would happen long after the drunk girls would come back from frat parties. Again, we brushed it off.


My relationship with the guy didn't last, so I was stuck staying in the room alone for the most part. When Dani was there it would happen less. But one night I was out at a friend's and Dani was alone in the room. She heard the door rattle so she jumped up out of bed, trying to catch the culprit. She threw the door open just in time to see an empty hall. She thought she'd heard the door to our floor's hallway open, but no one was there. The door to the hall hadn't even moved. Thing continued, but slowed, until the end of the school year and we moved out. Moving back in with a new roommate (my sorority sister) in a few weeks! We'll see what this year holds.

Other hauntings by shamby

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ittybitty09 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-29)
Shamby, I'm a Freshman at PU and am currently living in Room 358. Last night I was in the shower and somehow had gotten three scratches going from my side to my back. They were far enough on my back to where I know I couldn't have done it myself. I know I did not have the scratches before I got in the shower. They were raised up and burned like it had just happened. I don't know if that has happened to you before here, but I was wondering if it had.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
The dorm building is fairly new. One of the newest on campus. It's at Purdue University, if anyone is Alum. Since none of the other girls had anything happen to them I think it's attached to me/my step sister or something of that nature. It also never tried to directly contact her, like I got sleep paralysis where as she just had the one dream and that was it. I really appreciate the feedback though!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
I was going to suggest the same thing as Rozo. See if you can find any history on the property. If nothing happened with your ghost while your sister and you were away from the dorm then it's probably attached to the place. Keep us updated.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Cool Story Shamby, I wonder if it isn't a spirit attached to you, but more than likely it is attached to something in the room, or on the grounds!
Have you tried to do some research on the property?
Cool, keep us posted, looking forward to hear what transpires!
Rozo
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Unfortunately my sister and I no longer have a relationship. However, my sorority sister and I are moving back into that room next Friday. I'm interested in what this year will bring.

HolyCow, I don't think its like lucid dreaming because I've had dreams where a dead classmate talks to me and he often warns me of things. Which leads me to believe something else was actually trying to contact me in the same way.

Ivory, we did talk about doing that, but we were afraid of what we would or wouldn't find. It was almost better to live in the mystery since towards the end of the year I was alone in the room for the mist part.
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
wow! That is totally scary. Would you try putting a line of salt on your doorway and see if the entity will be able to rattle your doorknob again. Stay safe!
HolyCow (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Wow this was scary, hope you guys are okay, but do you think the sleep paralysis thing was a bit similar to lucid dreaming? Anyway, hope you and your sister is safe, just be careful. 😊 (freaky though)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: