You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Deb's Home

Real Ghost Stories

Deb's Home

 

May & July 2012

In December 2011 my stepmom died. So this past summer I have visited my dad several times at their home in North Carolina. He's dealt alright with it, and now has a new girlfriend and is adjusting. However, my stepmom has made a few visits to us. Dad told me the day he got back from visiting us for the holidays and the funeral (late Dec.) he was trying to sleep and thought he heard her slippers scuffing down the hall. He said Deb never picked up her feet when she wore those slippers and he could always hear her because of the wood floor. He also mentioned he just turned up the fan and ignored it because he said he thought he was just wishing her back.

A friend and I went to visit him in May, the week after our finals ended for college. She and I stayed in separate bedrooms and my dad's was next to mine. I heard someone get up and walk around a few times during that week, and thought I heard voices. My friend went into her room to change after we returned from the beach one day. She said the blinds pulled tight away from the window, did a small snap and went back to normal. My friend has had prophetic dreams and has gone ghost hunting with me, so she is no stranger to the paranormal and she did not panic. Neither of us told dad about our experiences and at this point Dad hadn't told me about hearing footsteps up and down the hall in December.

In July, my boyfriend Zach and I went to visit for a long weekend. We didn't get in until after 3am. My dad and his girlfriend's dogs were at the house when we got there but since dad had to get up at 5am for work, he wasn't awake when we arrived. The dogs didn't even hear us or bark when we came in. But as Zach and I went to bed, we saw the light flip on and heard the TV turn on for about 30 minutes and turn back off again.

The next morning Dad called me while he was at work and I apologized for waking him up. He said when he woke up he was worried that we hadn't made it because he never woke up and never heard us but realized we'd made it when he saw the truck in the driveway. I asked him if he had gotten up because both Zach and I heard the TV and saw the glow from the living room. He finally told me about hearing her walk in December and we just say "Deb's home!" and let it go. Guess she's still watching out for us.

Other hauntings by shamby

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Well his girlfriend doesn't say much about it. She called him scared one night, while he was up north in Indiana visiting my brother and I. But later said it was just the wind. Deb I don't think would be jealous, I think its more an asserting of "I'm still here" as opposed to trying to scare her off. They aren't scary encounters by any means for anyone
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
I sometimes feel those who have crossed over need some closure or comfort by letting us know there around us before leaving us and moving on... I know with my own experiences, the visits from my loved ones are becoming longer between intervals as to what they was years ago especially with my dad... So perhaps with your step mom next time your there, you may consider acknowledging her presence and let her know your dad and you are doing ok, and if she want's to take that next step and cross over give her your blessing or acceptance if she's not ready to cross for the final time... Thank you for sharing!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
Shamby - how does your dad's girlfriend feel about Deb still being there? I hope you realize I don't mean anything bad about this, I'm just curious. There are many different reactions this could bring and I wondered what her's is.
Blinky (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
It's always so nice to read about friendly encounters-- or "non-scary" encounters. What a touching story Shamby!
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Deb was a very loved member of the family and its really great to know she's still around watching out for us!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Shamby - this is a great story. I don't have anything else to say. I just simply love it. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: