You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Baby

 

A little backstory before I begin:

This is a story my grandma used to tell me often. It was always a treat for my brother and I to hear, as well as some of my friends. This story takes place when my uncle was a baby, he's now upper 40s. It was my grandma and grandpa's first home (they live in Ohio, not in Indiana where I live), an old farm house on ground they sold to the county to build suburbs on. The house is no longer standing, although I think it was torn down long before the suburbs were put up, which was only 5 or so years ago - maybe less. I've never seen the old farmhouse so it was probably torn down before my lifetime.

My grandparents never used the upstairs in their house, they might have used it for storage purposes but that would have been it. They covered the stair door with a sheet and there were inches upon inches of dust covering the floor and stairs. My uncle was under a year old and could not walk at this time. He was sleeping one day and my grandma either heard or needed something from upstairs and needed to go up the steps. She pulled back the curtain and saw a set of baby's footprints and hand prints going up but not coming back down. My mom is younger than my uncle and wasn't alive at this point so it could not have been her. There were no young children in the house besides my uncle, who like I said, could not walk or hardly crawl. They also didn't have any pets or animal problems like raccoons.

As far as I know they never had another encounter with the paranormal. But Ghost Baby was always a family favourite story!

Other hauntings by shamby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
On one side, it's sad to know that a child died so young but on the other side it's kind of cute and not at scary (freaky but not scary). If I were in your grandmother's place, I would have freaked out thinking your uncle might have crawled up the stairs and she didn't even know about it!
ellebanna289 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Oh, maybe your grandma used to have a baby who died, and that baby was born before your uncle. 😕 hmmmm:) Great story, anyway. It left me wondering! LOL
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
I wish there was photos! And my grandmother never told us her reaction... It was 20 years before I was born so I think the reaction had worn off by then! 😆 I haven't tried to research the house because I know nothing about it, and the house is gone now - suburbs have taken it's place, even the road is gone I believe.
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
Interesting story. Have you checked the history of the house? By the way what did your grandma do when see saw those baby footsteps?
Is it still there? Did it disappear? If it still is there I would love to see a photo of it.
Thank you for sharing 😁
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
that's a good story, and right to the point. To bad they couldn't take a photo that would have been cool.
BatBrat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
This story is really creepy! I loved it! I didn't know it was possible to make baby footprints scary. Thank you for the story! (:
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
BJJ: Thanks! I always enjoy reading your comments. We agree on a lot! Lol:)

Snowhite: well, the reason you're here is to learn more about the paranormal right? I've learned that ghosts don't really have rules:)

4d: yeah the story screams tragic to me too. But I have no idea how old the house was or anything about it so I can't do research. I would like to know what happened. But not so long ago many children used to die before the age of 5. So it's not all that surprising. Just sad.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
snowhite,

Yes, a ghost can most definitely leave a mark where they stand, touch, or sit. Don't be confused, this is a great place to learn more about the paranormal! 😆

Shamby,

Great story! It's great because it involves a spirit of a baby or toddler. Some thing that just screams tragic. 😐 "What is the story behind that?" always comes to mind when talking about children ghosts.

Aloha - 4d
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
I was told by my grandma ghosts don't leave foot print on the floor or anywhere. I am confused now.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
Very interesting story! The prints in the dust would've been a creepy sight. Thanks for sharing. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: