You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: I Can See And Hear Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

I Can See And Hear Spirits

 

Ever since I was little, around 4 years old, I have seen what I believe was some kind of spirits, good or bad. When I was just a baby I saw these things in my room, like dark, shady figures, passing through. I stared at them, but I always seemed to fall asleep pretty quickly without being terrified. I also hear these voices, whispers in my head whenever things were very quiet, and they wouldn't go away. And just to let you know, I am NOT Schizophrenic. Nor have I ever been.

My next encounter was when I was about 6, in North Carolina, where I live. I was going across the street to my house from my aunt's house, when I heard something say my name. A motherly, woman kind of voice. I thought it was my mom and I asked her if she called me, she said no. The voice was very kind, but it sounded urgent, as if someone or something was luring me somewhere. It was very loud. Those things all happened near or around my house.

When I was 7, we moved out further in the country. I never heard anything as often, but I would hear those whispers every few months or so, I couldn't understand them. They were very calm, like an angel maybe. Then when I was 10 I went to this graveyard (I don't remember which one it was,) where me, my mom, and my dad were there to see someone in my family's grave, I don't remember who. I turned to walk over to the fence that separated the graveyard from it's surroundings. Outside of the fence, where there was a lot of trees, I saw a man. He was grey, white, and black, like in an old movie. He had a mustache, little hair on his head, and he was wearing a tuxedo. He looked at me, right in my face, as if he could see into my soul. But I felt calm, I just stared at him without a move or any feeling of being scared. I turned to my family to see what they were doing, and I looked back and he was gone.

When I was 10, I was at my other aunt's house, still in North Carolina, for Christmas. A lot of the family was there. My dad told me to go out to the truck to get a flashlight, and it was very dark outside. I ran over to the truck because I have always feared being in the dark alone, I got the flashlight, and walked backed to the house. As I was about 4 feet from the door, I looked over in the woods and I saw another shady, dark figure. A man, I couldn't see his face, he was black, blurry and faded. Although when I saw THIS man, I didn't feel calm. I was terrified, I ran back in the house as fast as I could, closing the door calmly trying not to freak anyone out.

When I was 11, Me and my family went to New Jersey and New York for a week or so in the summer. It was for my brother and my dad to see AC/DC in concert as a late birthday present. We checked into the hotel in New Jersey, I don't remember the name of it. It was in front of an IHop, with a large parking lot. About 3 or 4 stories high, maybe 5. When I went to bed that night, I shared a bed with my brother. All the lights were off, no light was on at all. I stared at the ceiling since I was afraid. I looked in front of me, I didn't see anything but it was as if I could feel, or sense something watching me. It made it harder to fall asleep, but I did eventually.

I am 13 now, and I still hear voices now and then. I am a Christian, I live in the house I moved into when I was 7. I was wondering if there might be a reason, an explanation behind me seeing this. Maybe I have a gift, but I'm not crazy, I promise you. I think some people on my dad's side did black magic, or they were witches or something. My dad had nothing to do with it, it was like his distant cousins or something. My mom also sees and hears things. We're Christians though, so we don't do, study, or have anything to do with the devil, magic, atheism, etc.

So if you have any idea once so ever of what this means, or if you can relate, please leave me a comment. I would really appreciate it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ToxicTuxedo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ToxicTuxedo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Thank you all for your opinions on this. Since most of what you all say seem true, I am going to accept the fact that I am sensitive to the spiritual realm. I am unable to go to church because of a lack of a big enough vehicle, but I'm sure if I just talk to the lord and/or read the bible more, it may help just the same. I'm going to cherish this gift, for it is one I am very interested in. My mom says I have it for a reason, but that reason is what I have yet to know.
Thank you for all of your feedback,

-ToxicTuxedo
ToxicTuxedo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Zetafornow,
I have talked to my family about this. And they, along with most of these comments, think I have do indeed have a gift.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Javelina,

I mad a mistake in my previous comment what I was trying to say is that the christian religion does not believe in spirits or psychic abilities.
my point is that religion does not play a part in having psychic abilities which is in comment to Michore and Spockie because they are trying to state that Christians are the only ones who are more common to have abilities.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
WhiteWolf,
Sorry pal, but I'm calling you out the that last statement. You are giving out falsehoods when you say that no religion allows you to believe in ghosts.

Jav
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
The only way that religion plays a role in psychic abilities is taking them away with their teachings that spirits and ghosts do not exist.

I never had religion in my life until a few years ago and I turned to Paganism because they do not doubt the existence of spirits.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Christians have gifts of the Holy Spirit including the gift of the discerning of Spirits, but I believe the gift itself can be already there in the person before they actually become a Christian. It's just that God uses the gifts latent in you for His service. You are gifted... Just leave it at that. It's a very special thing.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
ToxicTuxedo,

I would just like to say that everyone on earth is born with psychic abilities but many people lose their abilities do to their families beliefs and do to society teaching people that pyschic abilities do not exsist.

I have the ability of empathy which I obtained through my mother who can see and hear spirits. Many people do not believe me when I tell them until I tell them the feeling's that they are projecting like pain, happyness and other feeling's.

The last thing that I would like to say is that you should see your abilities as a gift and use them help these spirits that are comming to you.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Whitewolf,
Michore (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Hi ToxicTuxedo

These things very, it may be a gift or it may be a curse, and it only depend on what your seeing/experiencing, it should be pretty normal for christians to sense entities... Some people are just really sensitive to the spiritual realm, I am really sensitive although I haven't really seen entities in a while, I used to experience them a lot as a child, I am also capable of stepping into a house or area a sensing exactly where the ghosts reside almost like a radar, it really freaky sometimes haha. Anyway if you are able to sense or see angels around you then its most probably a gift, and I think it is in your case, but if you are only sensing dark, fear and evil entities then you most probably have open door in your life that was caused buy such practices, and it can be inherited, all you have to do is ask the Lord to close the door that allows you to see these thing, and it shouldn't be a problem, if it persists and gets worse then you should seek the guidance of a priest. Anyways like a say normal for a Christian, I know of people that has their entire eyes open to the spiritual realm, the world is very different to them, they see like a hundred spirits and demons a day and its normal for them, I have also heard claims from them that they see princepalities and powers (weird spiritual creatures) the size of cities and skyscrapers, don't worry they just influence big areas, as well as evil spirits that influences gluttony, lusts, anger around people, you know, being angry or agitated for no real reason, so that they are able to solve issues in peoples lives around these things. That's basically what I came to know, others may have different opinions but I guess we only react out of what we are expose to.
LisaJD30 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
The funny thing is this is exactly like me. I am 13, soon to be 14 and have gotten some experiences like yours. But not as much, I just get voices or people appearing out of no where. I get the feeling someone is watching me most of the time, even at school.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
It sounds like you are a medium. You are able to see and communicate with the spirit world. Personally, I don't believe in the devil or demons, although I do believe there are malevolent spirits who would like to do us harm if they could. This may explain why you feel afraid of some spirits but not others - you can sense their intentions. As I understand it, this is a "gift" that may go away as you get older or may get stronger, especially if you encourage it. If you are afraid and don't know what to do, perhaps there is someone at your church you can talk to about it. If you don't want to encourage your gift, I would suggest you ignore it as best you can and hopefully it will go away.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
I am curious... You state that your mother sees and hears things also. Have you talked to her about this? I think she may be able to assure to you that you are not "crazy". The fact that you are Christians and do not study the devil, evil, etc. Is of no bearing on this. Not all spirits are evil and satan-like. I would suggest that you discuss this with your mother and I bet she will shed some light on this for you.

Good luck, zeta.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Hi TtoxicTuxedo, I think you have the sensitivity to hear/see the spirits. That is quite rare and I feel that it could be used to help some wandering spirits to see the light or others to ward off negative energies. Well, some of us, who believe in paranormal, do know that this has got nothing to do with Schizophrenia and it is generally a gift, you are born with. If you are interested in paranormal, pursue it, for the good of others. Nice narration. Thanks for sharing and if you have any further experiences, please do write in this site.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Sky-Fire (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
I've been seeing spirits and hearing them since I can remember. I used to tell my brother all about it then my step brother moved in and he doesn't believe in spirits. It makes me sad because if I talk about what I experiance then he'll think i'm insane but if I keep it to myself then I will never find out if I have a gift or if I really am crazy.
Thanks for telling your story it makes me feel better knowing other people are going through the same thing 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: