You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Coming To See If I'm Okay

Real Ghost Stories

Coming To See If I'm Okay

 

This is my first experience I have ever typed up so please, bare with me. Before I get into my experience though you need to know something important, in November of 2004 I lost my step-grandfather who, when alive, would always shine a torch into the guestroom whenever my sister and I would stay with him and my grandmother just to check on us because he didn't like the idea of doors being closed; but my sister and I were adamant about having the door closed when we slept.

Anywho, on with the story. In July of 2010, my final year of high school, I was unlucky enough to catch a mild dose of swine flu which was rather unpleasant. I cannot remember the exact date but during the day I saw the doctor and was told I had a mild dose of swine flu. That night I was in a bit of pain and decided to go to bed early after a hot shower. Now, when I get sick I tend to sleep with the door open so my mother can check in on me without needing to turn on my light but the hallway light instead. My mother and sister were out in the living room watching a TV show because I could hear them talking through my wall and could also hear the TV.

The layout of my room at the time was a little odd. My chest of drawers was behind my bedroom door, my bed was pressed up against the longest wall of my room so I could look straight out of my room into my sister's if I wanted too, my fan sat at the end of my bed and my desk with my laptop sat before my window. All of the lights up the end of the house where the rooms are were off and I could see the light from the living room shining up the hallway. I soon dozed off for a little while. I do not know how long I slept but when I woke up I was looking straight out of my door. I could hear my mother talking on the phone and my sister playing music.

I could hear someone walking up the hallway, loudly, so I closed my eyes but opened them again when a bright light was shone in on me. I knew this wasn't my mother or sister because I could hear them in the living room and after a moment or two of staying in my doorway the light left, I listened and the footsteps seemed to stop halfway down the hall. These were not light footsteps it sounded as if someone was stomping/shuffling their feet which my step-grandfather used to do.

I asked my mother if it had been her checking on me, just in case I was hearing things. She said it wasn't her and that she only checked on me once before she went to bed. I know it was my step-grandfather coming to make sure I was alright, and I'm happy he came and checked on me. I felt calmer after he shone the light in on me and knew I'd be alright.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadow_Tears, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Delna (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Its such a nice exp... I loved ma grandpa so much... So after his death I feels like he is somewhere near me...watching,guiding & taking care of me:)
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Hi Shadow:

Love these types of experiences because as we know all hauntings are not "scary" in nature or meant to frighten us. Don't you feel great knowing that you will always have your grandfather looking out for you. He is your guardian angel and forever will be. When you feel his presence, make sure to thank him for caring.

Zeta.
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Shadow Tears,

It's lovely to know that the bond a parent shares with their child, stepchild, transends the void of death😁

Be happy in the knowledge that he will always look after you and your family,

Sarah.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Shadow Tears, it is a nice narration. I feel that your step grandfather was so fond of you and when you had a bout of swine flu, he wanted to check out if you were alright. Thanks for sharing and out of my own experience, rather my father's, I know love goes beyond the realm of life and death.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: