You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tapping From A Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Tapping From A Shadow

 

Thank you for reading my article. It would mean a lot if you would comment on it giving me any tips to try and stop these events from happening. When I was about 7, I moved to a different house. Everything was fine in the house for 2 years. Then something happened.

One night when I was 9, I heard a tapping on my wall. I couldn't help but look up from the book I was reading and I saw what looked like a shadow moving swiftly up and down my wall. Almost as soon as I looked at it, it disappeared.

Several years passed by and eventually I had almost forgotten about the event. "It was just your imagination," I would tell myself, but I soon learned that it was much more.

On night I was trying to fall asleep, all of the lights in my room were off. I had school the next day and had to get up early, but something was keeping me awake. I don't know why, but it felt like someone else was in my room. I looked around my room but nothing was there. I went back into my bed and just I got under the covers I heard a familiar tapping sound. I didn't dare look up. I was terrified!

I managed to fall asleep anyways and when I woke up I told my parents about what had happened, and of course, they didn't believe me. I continued to feel paranoid for several years. Every now and then I would have another experience. Like once I was making a Lego stop motion movie (if you don't know what that is look it up) and I went for a bathroom break. Wen I came back, all of my Legos were in a different position, ruining my movie.

Also, one day I was rearranging the posters on my wall and noticed the cross my parent had kept over my door. No offense to anyone in a religion but I am atheist, seriously no offense it's just what I believe. I went to take the cross down and when I had it in my hand, my room went pitch black dark for a split second. It was in the middle of the day and my window was open, there was no way my lights could have flickered because they were off! I quickly put the cross back on the wall.

The reason I am making this article is because of an event that took place last night. It was a normal night and I had not had an encounter for a while. It was 2 am. I went to get in my bed when I heard a beeping sound. I know this might sound weird but the beep sounded menacing. I got in bed trying to forget about the beeping sound and started reading a book. I continued to hear the beeping throughout the night at random times. After hearing the beeping about 20 times I whispered, "Leave me alone." In response I heard a simple "OK" and the beeping stopped. That terrified me even more. I tried to sleep and eventually a managed to fall asleep. I told my parents about what happened but as usual they didn't believe me.

If anyone knows anyway that they can help me, please leave a comment. It would be very appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Terrorclaw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
The "room going dark" thing could've been due to a momentary surge in blood pressure as you stretched up to take down the cross. Don't think on it. The other stuff doesn't sound that scary. Everyone hears noises at night and sees shadows with no obvious cause (there IS a cause of course, but it isn't always obvious). The only difference with your stories is that you felt scared, menaced. Maybe you are a wee bit paranoid and tend to interpret things as paranormal a bit too readily? I don't know you obviously, but that would explain a lot. It also tallys with the fact that, despite being atheist, you replaced the cross on the wall.
lightentheload (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Simple mate. Whatever you do, don't be afraid. Smile and laugh and talk to thing like they're an old friend. Emotional interactions in the universe are... Universal:) It takes two to tango. So change the tempo of the dance. If things seem threatening or scary, say to yourself, "Eff that. Things are great" and talk to the thing in a happy and joking manner. Again, like a pal. Because everyone and everything wants to be loved at the end of the day. You and no one and nothing else sets the mood of your life.
Also, it might help to play some happy music or tibetan singing bowls every night to establish your ethereal environment.

Good luck!
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Rook, Tinitus is the word you're looking for. It can be a ringing, a beeping, a buzzing or a "shhhh" sound.

LW
weirdghost93 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Well I know that the whole " The room went dark" Is a problem with eyes. But don't worry it isn't something like you need glasses or your going to be blind. I would know because that happens to me. Maybe it was a coincidence. I think there is an entity in your room. Bless your room even if you don't believe in that. It might just work! Good Luck in getting rid of it
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
I don't think you can call yourself an athiest when you quickly put the cross back on the wall after the lights went out. Sounds like some part of you believed taking the cross down might have had some kind of effect. You may be an athiest in the strictest sense (i.e. You don't believe in the existence of a personal god), but are probably better categorized as agnostic. Welcome to the club. Admitting you don't know is the starting point of all knowledge, or something like that. I don't think it's possible to say much that is helpful about your experiences given the lack of data. I suggest you start keeping a log of every event and the time of day to see if any patterns emerge. I will say given the beeping stopped after you asked it to stop suggests if it is an intelligent haunt then whoever it is was willing to listen and respect your boundaries. Next time something happens I would try telling whoever it is that you don't want to be disturbed in your bedroom and not to pull any more pranks.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Terrorclaw,

I have a few questions for you, but first let me say this... There is enough of a gap between your experiences that they may be unrelated... Having said that I need to ask those questions...

1st: After that second experience with the tapping on the wall, did you ever try to debunk it in the daylight?

2nd: You mentioned you were re-arranging posters on your wall... Had you been sorting them as you sat at a desk? I ask because if you stood up to fast it may have caused your 'black out' moment.

3rd: Was the 'beep' high pitched? Was it a constant tone, or an intermittent 'beep'? I ask because I hear a 'high pitch tone' in one of my ears every once in awhile and it will go away if I say something, or push on the side of my head just under my earlobe. I do not remember just off hand what that is called.

If you like I will post my 'cleansing method' for you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Hello Terrorclaw, you may be an atheist, but still I would like to tell you that there are things in this world, which you cannot explain with rational and scientific reasoning. One of them is God and the other paranormal. So what you are experiencing is paranormal. I have a feeling that there are entities in your room. Otherwise, when you have taken the cross or crucifix in your hand, why should there be a darkness for a moment in the mid of the day. So, there are good and bad things. But, if you want to drive away these entities as they are constantly troubling you, why don't you try Rook's method of cleansing. Probably it could help.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: