You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Taking Life Or Saving Life

Real Ghost Stories

Taking Life Or Saving Life

 

I have had countless encounters with the spiritual world. No matter where I live it is a matter of time before they show up. This is the most recent encounter.

Aug. 22, 2012 3am-ish

I have to tell a little back story first. I am allergic to smoke. The night of the 21st was a friend's birthday party at a bar with tons of smoke I wasn't made aware of. I did not bring my medicine. Needless to say I stayed way too long for my own good. My throat started to swell and cough. I knew I would start to break out in hives soon so we left.

My boyfriend and I drove home, stopping to get food first. We ate in the bedroom so I could take my allergy pill. Finally got into bed around 1 in the morning. My throat was still swollen but it was getting a little easier to breath. We watched a movie just to make sure I didn't need to got to the hospital. I thought after the movie I would be ok (2:40 am). It just felt like my body was going through the fight of its life. I haven't felt this feeling for a long time, it may have been the worst too.

We turned out the lights and I closed my eyes. Still apprehensive for my life, I heard the ketchup package on the desk make a sound. The only way I can describe it was as if someone was pressing their finger on the tin top of the package. My eyes popped open but nothing was there I could see, even though I felt a presence with us in the room. This sensation is familiar to me. I knew we were not alone, but I ignored him.

I was slowly drifting off but still coherent. I was still feeling very ill. Almost as if I could feel part of my life force leave my body. Also I got a strong smell of pot. I know very odd but that's what I smelled. (I am highly allergic too.) Maybe that smell was to make me fully awaken, I don't know. Seconds after I smelled that, my eyes shot open and I felt like the part of me that felt like I was dying, just got slammed back into my body. In that instant I felt like normal again. There was a figure in front of my bed. He was all in black. I could not see his face except where eyes would be. He was really tall almost, if not, 6 foot. He then just floats away into the window and is gone. I blinked several times during this to make sure he is there and he was. I didn't feel any presence for the rest of the night/morning.

I could not get to sleep right away after that. My mind was just reeling with what happened. I finally fell asleep. When I awoke in the morning I remembered the ketchup. I walked over to look at it and it would appear to have a thumb indent in it. I remembered all that had happened like it just did. Was he taking my life and it was my body's defense that stopped him? Was he trying to save my life by putting it back in my body? Just the feeling I got the whole time was not evil so I don't know who or what that was. My gut just tells me I owe them a thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LibbyDowning, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Seeker1: I can't imagine you'd take in that much nicotine from passive smoking to cause those symptoms. It's more likely the symptoms were due to the allergic reaction to the smoke than to the nicotine content of it, as Ffeather suggests.
Ffeather (5 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Have you ever had an anaphalactic reaction before? I suffer with very severe allergies and everything you're describing sounds like some of the symptoms you get with anaphalaxis. I am not discounting your experience but everytime I've had a severe reaction I feel like I am dying and I see and here things.
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Hi Libby,

I'm not going to discount your experience. However, I may be able to offer an explanation for what you experienced before ruling in the paranormal.

It sounds as if you experienced "nicotine poisoning".
It was OVERLOAD. Nicotine takes about 8 hours to totally leave the system and can have some severe side effects.

One of the symptoms of nicotine poisoning is:

Mental Changes

Depression, anxiety, restlessness, excitement and "mental confusion" may all occur as a result of too much nicotine in the body.

Considering you ate right away (and the meal had high fat content no doubt if it was take out food), then that helped absorb some of the nicotine.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/26777-signs-nicotine-poisoning/#ixzz25AFWSbjx

I hope this helps.

Blessed Be
Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
I don't think it's a guardian angel as it appears to be scary.
Is this your first encounter or has this been happening for a long time? I wonder what the black figure wants. I somehow feel that either your house is haunted or the black figure is someone you knew from your previous life.
MoonWolf (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Wow! That just gave me chills. I totally understand that feeling of having your life force leaving your body (almost died). I think it was either your guardian or an angel that was sent to help you, since it wasn't your time to pass. Overall, I'm very glad you survived and doing well. Take Care:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: