You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Overwhelming Fear

Real Ghost Stories

Overwhelming Fear

 

This is my first post on here! Something happened last night (on my birthday of all days) and I'm not sure how to explain it so I've come here for some help.

I am currently sleeping in my mother's bedroom and have been for about 1 month. We thought we were moving house until about 4 days ago, so I packed up my room and moved into my mother's to use my room as a packing room. I never really liked my room. It was always cold and something didn't feel right. Some nights I wouldn't sleep at all. When I moved into my mum's room everything was fine and has been until about a week and a half ago.

I have not been able to sleep with the door open. If it is open I get this overwhelming feeling of being watched and the fear that comes over me is immense. Even if I am sleeping alone in there, it takes a lot for me to actually fall asleep with the door closed and the light on. If the door is open when I go to sleep, I will always wake up in the middle of the night without fail and sense something over by the door and will always feel something watching me.

Last night I went to sleep and I woke up about 3 hours later, I think it was about 2:20AM, and said to my Grandma (who is staying here, my mum is sleeping downstairs... Weird I know) "I can't sleep" even though I had been asleep for a good couple of hours. Then there was about 5/10 minutes between this and what happens next of which I can't recall. The next thing I remember was screaming and yelling for her to close the door. On the verge of tears, I was pleading with her for about 1 minute, then mid-screams I stop and fall to the pillow and I assume I went to sleep. It's hazy but I remember not being in control of what I was saying/doing and then it all just stopping (if that makes sense). I couldn't control my own body.

This house upstairs is exactly the same layout as my house before last and in that house my mother said that when she woke up in the middle of the night she could feel someone watching her from outside the door, but she never felt threatened... I do.

If anyone can shed any light at all on this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CherchezLaFemme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
No problem, Granny. I like to help out when I can.

You know how I feel about proselytizing. 😠
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
clever: Thanks!...The Troll Patrol is always on duty! LOL

Fifty fifty fifty 😆
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
This MAY have been a dream; scientists used to believe that the body automatically goes into a paralytic state during dreaming, obstensibly so as to prevent self-injury, but recent research indicates that this may not always be the case.

However, one cannot completely rule out obsession, where a person's actions are influenced by a spirit, or even possession, where the person is completely controlled by the spitit.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT!

Here's your 50 characters!
falling_feathers (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
I have a huge problem with my hallway and bedroom door being open. I always feel like some one is looking in. As said before I think Rook's cleansing method will probably help in some way if it is paranormal.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
CherchezLaFemme, if you are so scared, please follow the Rook's method of cleansing mentioned many times in this site. It is good for all kinds of faiths. Try it out. Incidentally, what was the reaction of your Grandma both to your experience and your mother's. Did you ask your mother as to how it stopped for her. If such information are not too personal, please share with us.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Could it have been a nightmare? Since you were sleeping before this happened, and then fell back asleep right after, I can't help but wonder if it was a really intense bad dream. Not to mention the period you don't remember. What did your mother and grandmother say about your screaming? I'm sure they wondered what was going on to cause you to scream out in the middle of the night.
AshleyHorseLover (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Burn sage in your room before you go to bed at night in order to cleanse the space, the doorway is often considered by most researchers to be a door to the other world. This can often be a door to demonic spirits or good spirits. Scence neither are exact ally pleasant I suggest getting your home professionally cleansed ASAP.
JennyTee (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
when I was a teen I had a huge problem with my door being left open and I had a huge fear of our hallway! I'm sorry I can't shed light on this but maybe your mom can help? You wrote she had felt the same thing before but not threatened. Maybe she can help you out. What did your grandmother say happened during that last scary part? Can she help?
BlackCatDemon80 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
I have the same thing happening to me! (except the birthday part.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: