You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Childhood Fears

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Fears

 

I will start this story telling you what happened to me as a kid, teenager and adult.

When I was 5 years old and living in Tyndall AFB Florida base housing I had a really strange occurrence. I was in bed trying to get to sleep and I had some toys on top of my dresser. I had a stuffed monkey toy sitting on a chair on the side of my bedroom. I was looking at the monkey and I felt really afraid of it for some reason, a reason my 5 year old brain didn't understand. Anyways, I looked away from the monkey toy and I heard a shuffling sound and when I looked back at the monkey toy he was sliding halfway off the chair. It stopped hallway on/off the chair. I looked away again and a minute later I heard another shuffling noise and the monkey toy was completely off the chair and on the floor. I shouted for my parents and I immediately left my room. As I got closer to my room door and my dresser, and as soon as I got close to dresser, all my toys went off simultaneously, lights were flashing and all of the toys were moving around in a circle on top of my dresser. I hightailed it out of my room and went to the living room where my parents were watching TV. My parents didn't believe me when I told them what happened in my room. I don't like any kind of doll toys because of what happened top me when I was 5. I can't stand doll toys!

Second thing that happened to me when I was 18. I had just joined the Air Force and I went to a hotel party and I got wasted drunk. As I was going back to my dorm room I heard the exorcist girl (from exorcist movie) tell me "The devil is coming to get you..." and demonic laughter! I was frozen with fear. I IMMEDIATELY grabbed my bible, turned on all the lights and I slept with that bible the whole night.

Last thing I have had a few times where I felt a presence but I couldn't see anything, I just felt something. I would leave the uncomfortable area/room and the feeling of fear left me. Sometimes I can tell who is going to call me before I get the phone call. Do you guys think I could be psychic? Please don't laugh. The end

Other hauntings by wrh1969

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wrh1969, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

wrh1969 (6 stories) (11 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-11-04)
Lady-glow,
I used to feel the same way about my mickey mouse piggy bank that I kept on my dresser as a 8-12 year old kid. I swear the eyes followed me an looked at me with a piercing stare. Everytime I would look at it if I was by myself I would get a creepy scared feeling.
wrh1969 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
3 years ago (2020-11-04)
Lealeigh,
I am guessing from my whole spectrum of contacts... My favorite Aunt died a couple of years ago and I see her in my minds' eye a lot... I think she is looking out for me! 😊 What do you think?
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-31)
I note with some interest that you are a middle aged adult. If you are psychic, then your "gift" would have surfaced more times in tour life in my humble opinion. I cannot tell you if you are psychic or whether you have been witnessing paranormal events. That being said, have you had other psychically oriented events?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-31)
Greetings wrh1969.

The experience with the toys was unnerving. Was this the only time something unusual happened in your room? - I hope the answer is yes!

About predicting the phone calls, in my opinion, every person has an almost telepathic connection to the people closest to them that allows us to 'sense' when someone is thinking about us.
Now, if you are able to predict when a scammer is calling you or when somebody you don't even know is calling, then that would be a different thing altogether.

I think every person is a bit of a psychic, but nowadays people are too used to ignore their intuition.

Thanks for sharing.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-31)
Hello wrh1969,

You don't need to worry about laughs. A fabricated story is well identifiable from an original one. A lot of people have posted much bizarre experiences than you. It only enhances the knowledge of the reader as well the poster of the infinite aspects of the paranormal world.

That incident with that is more surprising than scary, why it happened on a sudden instance?

Have you always felt uncomfortable in that room as a kid? Or was it just sudden.

I believe you've already submitted your experience as a teenager in your previous narrative "Demonic voice?" where most of the readers have already provided their insight considering it as a drunk hallucination.

I'm not exactly sure of the calls incident. A psychic ability? Maybe. Probably you're body is in a condition of high alert as a response to the energies you could sense in that room. I couldn't be of much help in this matter hopefully other members will satisfy you on this context.

Peace
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-05-30)
Hi wrh1969,

I used to be able to guess the next song on the radio; but, when the 90's ended, I stopped listening to a literal "radio" (you know the one: visible antenna... Handle on top... Takes "D" batteries) and now I have lost the power of predicting the next song.

I am not really joking - I actually used to be able to do that; but I attribute that phenomena to the nature of radio waves. I haven't ever cared about knowing the reason - and that is more strange to me than predicting songs.

I assume you're talking about today's cellphones, when you talk about predicting callers. Are these people close friends or family? Or are you guessing people that are from your whole spectrum of contacts?

- Maria

PS: I can't stand dolls either.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: