You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gorgeous Day - Paralyzing Fear

Real Ghost Stories

Gorgeous Day - Paralyzing Fear

 

I have told this story very few times to very few people. This is the only paranormal experience I have ever had. Thankfully.

I was a junior in college at Mississippi State University. One Spring Saturday, I left campus to drive 25 miles away to the small town where the girl I was dating was at her parents' house that weekend.

It was a gorgeous Spring day in the Deep South. Since that time, I have thoroughly appreciated beautiful Fall days in the North and very, very pleasant mid-summer days in the Midwest, but nowhere I have ever been has Spring days like the Deep South. The best ones are truly like Disney movies -- every color, every scent, every sound are heightened... Everything seems in Technicolor. This was that day.

I picked her up at her parents' house. We had been invited to an all-day river party at someone's house on the Tombigbee river a few miles away. She had a couple of bags with her and asked if we could make a stop along the way to drop something off to one of her friends. The friend was one of the hostesses that day at a Pilgrimage house.

Many towns in the deep South - Mississippi in particular -- have what are called Pilgrimages. These are a couple of days (usually in the Spring) when towns with pre-Civil War homes open them up to tours. Generally, the homeowners with some assistance from local high school and college students tour people around the homes and talk about the house history, etc. This is a semi-big-deal in those places. The hosts and hostesses often dress up in Confederate uniforms/Southern Belle gowns, etc. My girlfriend's friend was one of the Southern Belle tour guides that day at a local house.

My girlfriend directed me to the house. It was a largish white three-story house that I was told had originally been built by a wealthy cotton merchant in the mid 1850's. I parked right in front of the house, beside the sidewalk backed by a white picket fence.

As we got out, I thought again about what an incredibly gorgeous day it was. It was about 10:30 in the morning.

We walked up to the open front door. As we got near it, we could hear voices and laughing coming from the back of the house. My girlfriend said, "Oh - I hear Suzie back there. I'm going back". I said, Ok -- I'll be there in a minute. She headed off and I stood just inside the front door wanting to take in a little of the house.

There was a central hallway going straight back to a back door, with doors to rooms opening off both sides of the hall. About 10 feet from me, on the left, a staircase started upwards ending in a landing on the second floor. I started thinking, well, I should go on back and meet the people, etc, when I realized the hair was starting to stand up on the back of my neck. I absorbed this for a moment and then realized even the hair on my arms was starting to stand up -- and I mean rigidly. At this point, I was just a little confused, wondering why that was happening. I mentally shook it off and started to walk toward the back of the house and the people.

It was then I realized I was paralyzed in place. I couldn't make my feet move. I just stood there, stock-still, with hair now standing up all over my entire body. After another second or two, I also lost control of my neck muscles. My head, slowly, haltingly dropped to the point my chin was almost on my chest.

At this point, I was what we would have called then -- freaking out -- but silently, as I could not speak.

After a moment of that, I then felt a new sensation. I felt a great sense of fear and apprehension -- but for no apparent reason. And then I felt something else. I can only describe it as a telepathic message of hate and loathing -- directed at me. It was intense and powerful. I then mentally 'saw' there was a hazy figure standing on the landing at the top of the stairs. I couldn't physically see it, because my head was dropped so far down. That thing was directing the hate and loathing toward me.

Suddenly, I had the insight that I had to 'face' the entity. With great effort, I jerkily pulled my head up to the point I could actually see the landing. And clearly see what was on it.

The figure was what I can only describe as a human-sized, slowly rotating column of dark brown smoke or fog with black specks and streaks slowly swirling in the column. The moment I was able to see it clearly, the message of hate and loathing from it increased in intensity -- and then, to my excruciating shock, the entity swooped down the stairs, THROUGH ME and out the front door behind me.

When it went through me, I felt like I was being electrocuted with hateful energy and it gave me the strong, clear message: GET OUT.

Once it had passed through me, I could feel I had some control of my body again. I could see the back door straight ahead. Although the front door was open and directly behind me, I didn't think I had enough body control left to actually turn around without falling, so I decided I could probably manage to walk straight ahead and make it to the back door... Which I feebly did.

I opened the back door and saw a rather formal back yard and garden area with a stone bench only about 20 feet out from the back of the house. I staggered to the bench and sat down hard. The whole time from entering the front door to walking out the back had probably lasted only about two minutes.

I sat on the bench trying to regain full control of myself. However -- after about 30 seconds, I started to feel the hair stand up on the back of my neck again... And then again on my arms. I was facing away from the back of the house, but got a snapshot-like mental image of the back of the house in which I saw there was a single window at the peak -- and the swirling column was looking at me through that window -- again sending a telepathic message to GET OUT. It wanted me not just out of the house but out of its 'property'.

Again, I felt I had to confront it. I turned my head and body around (with jerks and twitches) until I could look up at the window where I saw the column faintly through the old glass window. It quickly vanished when I looked at it.

I shakily stood up, looked around, saw a garden gate, staggered to it and walked out of the back yard, up to the front of the house, managed to open my car door and just sat in the driver's seat, trying to collect myself and absorb what had happened.

After a few minutes, my girlfriend came out asking what had happened? Why hadn't I come back to meet her friends? What was I doing just sitting in the car?

I was so stunned from the experience, I didn't want to talk about it right then. I lied to her. I told her I had suddenly felt very sick and nauseous and had left to sit in the car. She was very concerned. I immediately felt bad that I had lied to her, but just didn't think I could talk about it at all. We sat there for a few minutes quietly. I then said I felt better and we should go to the river party. We did, although to to say the least, I wasn't exactly a bundle of fun that day.

It was about 7 years before I was able to tell this story to anyone.

I have no idea who/what that entity was or why it didn't want me there so badly.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bokonon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GreenGhost1985 (15 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-06)
I don't even anything to add as I have not had any major paranormal things happen to me. But what an amazingly and truly terrifying story! Thanks for sharing.
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-26)
I am not comfortable with reincarnation if that means I will go to another life and never see my mother again for some big lesson. It's the thing that originally made me an Atheist as a child. I don't like the idea of any authority figure be it spiritual or godly forcing me to live on an objective path of wisdom and being ripped away from my family. As I said before, I'd rather chill with the ghost homies.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-26)
Lady-glow

Please don't be shy my friend
Feel free to jump right in the discussion. If you like and don't mind sharing your thoughts that is.

Manofan wise fully moved us to one of his older stories so as to not hijack this story thread.

So pack a lunch and come along. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Randy
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-26)
Lady glow

Thanks for giving my wittle brain the shove it needed

That was the show I was trying to remember. Very interesting show

Randy
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-26)
RANDYM and Manafon: the TV series you are talking about is called "The ghost inside my child ", it is very interesting.

I have been lurking in the shadows reading this thread of comments and really enjoying the exchange of both of your input.

Greetings.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
RANDYM--I agree that we should continue this discussion elsewhere so as not to detract from Bokonon's account. You can send me an email (it's on my profile page) but it might be more fun to continue it here on YGS so others can jump into the whirlwind if they have something to add. I will respond to your most recent comment on one of my older stories.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
Manofan1

Yes it is a fascinating subject without doubt

I haven't heard of the kid who was in the submarine. The case I'm referring to definitely was about a plane. The parents began to question the boy when he kept waking from the same dream screaming
"little man on fire, can't get out"
It seems the actual pilot of the plane couldn't get the canopy open to eject from his plane after it got hit.
I saw the episode on a TV show that was on for two seasons a couple of years ago. It was about young children who seem to be remembering past lives. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the show.

As for the need to return to human form that idea is based upon the line of thought that some things we must learn can only be learned while living a human life. Since a person may not learn all of the things needed to be learned in 1 lifetime, such as a young person dying, then it may be necessary to return to learn and or experience the rest. Sort of like fulfilling a certain amount of course work in order to graduate.

Both you and I have had many many life experiences that have helped to make us who we are today. But, think of how many experiences we have NOT had. Have we had enough to say we know enough to move on?
Or have you and I only had just a small sample of what its like to really understand what being human is really all about.
Have you and I learned enough in this life to really grasp what is really important.

Like you said it is a thought provoking subject and one that I think will have pro's and con's for a long time to come.

If OK? I may send you an email to continue the discussion.
I love discussions like this with different points of view but I don't want to hijack the OP's thread.

Have a great day Manofan
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
RANDYM--I think the reincarnation case you are thinking of was of a kid who remembered a "past life" where the submarine he was on was sunk in WW2 and he drowned. He subsequently went on to meet, as an adult, the family of the young man who died in the sinking of the sub and revealed bits of personal information he wouldn't have otherwise known, including that of another young man who drowned with him.

You might be thinking of another case but this was a rather famous one and has been featured on tv shows like Unsolved Mysteries. Again though, I feel this guy might just have been sensitive to picking up messages from the deceased person. If a person is particularly sensitive I see no reason they wouldn't able to receive even extremely complex and involved messages from a spirit. Perhaps these people who believe they are remembering past lives actually have mediumistic abilities that they are misinterpreting as past life memories.

As for needing to be in a physical form to learn certain lessons, since the spirit is eternal (theoretically), I don't see how or why time would come in to play and it would be necessary to return to human form. Man, lots of thought provoking ideas Randy! Cool stuff.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Manofan
Great to hear from you too

Thanks and may I say I always enjoy your well thought out comments as well.

As to why only a select few seem to "remember" I really have no idea.
I think that for the most part we are really not suppose to remember but in a non perfect world I can only guess sometimes memories of previous lives slip through.

There are just many cases were reincarnation seems the only plausible reason for some people having the memories they do.
I am thinking of a case that I'll have to look back on and let you know what it is but I do remember it was about a boy of about 5 years old who began constantly telling his parents about being trapped in a crashing plane in WW2. He knew the name and type of plane. When his dad tried to debunk the idea of reincarnation by pointing out that the type of plane the child was referring to was not used in the Pacific theater he learned that for some strange reason the planes used by this particular squadron were in fact what his son spoke of. The boy knew his name from the previous life, the squadron, his best friend and other very personal details. All later verified as accurate.
Its the stories of young children like this I find the most fascinating because for the most part it more unlikely they have had the time and ability to gather this type of personal and detailed information. It just seems that reincarnation is the most plausible explanation.

Also may I add another idea.
Its been suggested that compared to life in the spirit world that a life on earth is very difficult and that while we can and do learn in the spirit world we may do so at a much slower pace. That living a human life is the only way we can learn some of what we must learn in order to move on to whatever our next place may be. We simply must have some of the experiences that living a human life
Provides and there is way too much to learn that 1 lifetime will suffice.

To me it is such an interesting concept and I can completely understand your point of view.
As for me, when I started thinking of myself not as Randy who is going to always be Randy but instead a spirit who is Randy during this day at "earth school" until I return to the spirit world and see the complete me it started to make a lot of sense.

Then again, sometimes when I think about it I just sit in a total stupor.

Thank Manofan for your thoughts
Randy

😕 😕
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
RANDYM--I always look forward to your input. Of course I agree that there is no time, as a human understands it, on "the other side". I have discussed this many times on this site while commenting on other accounts. Indeed, your comment that a spirit could wait decades, in human time, before returning to bodily form is cogent. That is, of course, a possibility. I am open minded concerning reincarnation and appreciate the ideas you and Bokonon have put forward.

That said, I firmly believe that many (I certainly have no reason to say all) who die remain permanently in the spirit world. I agree that the time we spend in human form is a step in a journey of continual growth. Unlike those that fully embrace the concept of reincarnation, I don't think a person needs to return over and over to a human body to work through spiritual issues. These can be, I believe, attained in the spirit. It makes sense for the soul to experience flesh but I see no reason to come back, conceivably, hundreds of times.

You bring up a great point about those that die as infants, for example, needing to return to human form to learn. I can see that. I can also see the possibility that a person who feels they need to overcome a fear or weakness particular to human life, might want to return to face and learn from their experience. By the same course and reason, I can also see continuing on a path of "higher learning" without the need to have bones, muscle, organs and so on.

Your ideas on this subject are fascinating and I will ponder them further. Just one more thing, if reincarnation is supposed to be a continuing learning process, why are only a select few aware that they have lived previous lives? To my mind, moving from this human form to a spirit form is an unbroken chain. When it gets right down to it, we are speculating but I have to firmly state that I have never felt that there would be a need (except for the reasons I stated above) to have to return to Earth over and over to work out, what are after all, matters of the spirit or soul.

When it gets right down to it, as I stated in earlier comments, I just flat out find the idea of reincarnation depressing. Moving ever forward through stages of the spirit makes sense to me but dealing with "the flesh" for eons just doesn't float my proverbial boat.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Bokonon,

First and foremost I would like to welcome you to YGS
I am glad you found us and a place full of warm and nonjudgmental folks with whom you can share your experiences without fear of ridicule
Also may I add I loved your story. So well written I could see it all in my minds eye.

Now I would like to jump into the reincarnation discussion
There was a time when I thought the whole idea of reincarnation was a bunch of hogwash. Then as I began to study it and reading a lot about Dr. Ian Stevenson and his many year study of the subject I began to question my beliefs.

Manofan I may be misreading your ideas and please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems you are saying that one reason you may doubt the whole idea is because of the time frame of people being visited by spirits decades after their death. In other words they are still in the spirit world. True, but we must remember that there is no time as we know it on the other side. I think that many people feel that if a person is going to reincarnate that they die and come right back, thus they wouldn't be in the spirit world. However, a person could be in the spirit world for decades (to us the living) or more before they are ready to return. So to us it may appear that a person stays there but in reality they just haven't gotten back here yet.

My way of thinking on it is this.
We are spirits that leave the spirit world and come to earth in human form to live and learn. Just as a child couldn't learn all he or she needed to graduate by attending class for one day or one semester, we can't learn all we need to move on in one lifetime.
A person who lives a lifetime of being spoiled rich would have no concept of being homeless and vice versa. It takes being both to understand. A child who dies at age 2 hasn't had the chances to learn all it needs. You get my point.

We tend to think of ourselves by the limits of which we know ourselves at the present time. I tend to think we are so much more and the truth of ourselves is veiled from us while we are here. It would have to be. Its all we can do to handle one human life in the present at a time. We could't get through the day if we had to also deal with all of the emotions,guilt's,etc. Of previous lives.

I think when we die we return to the spirit world from which we truly belong. We reflect, we learn more, we grow and then, when the time is right and we are ready and have the desire, we return for another human life built upon things our spirit must work on to grow more until it reaches a point where it has learned and advanced enough that living a human life is no longer necessary.
Just like school, we graduate to the next level. Our days of "earth school" are over.

Those are my beliefs.

Sorry to be so long but I think this is a fascinating subject and
One that really effects us all
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
I would also like to add that although, I added my post as a consideration as to the likelihood of reincarnation as part of human life, I do not have the answer as to whether; one reincarnates, moves on to a spiritual plane which is eternal or something else.

On an additional point, I do feel it has a lot to do with the person. As a Pisces, according to Linda Goodman, I am supposed to have lived each star sign in a complete life cycle and be on my last life as I have attained "my" lesson and "graduated" spiritually. However, I am honestly one of the most naive people and have much to learn in life! In addition, this debate leads on to the philosophy that people/spirits are existing on different levels of consciousness and have been, throughout time. Meaning, it is a natural course for some people/spirits to reincarnate, some to move on to a spiritual plane, others to experience circumstances which have not yet been clarified (ghosts et cetera) and other idealogies and elements, theories of contingency/ies.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Wish-Not--There could very well be a choice! I guess my digression on apparitions was to simply point out that reincarnation doesn't seem to be something that everyone goes through. As Bokonon suggested, maybe some spirits resist moving on after death. My problem with that thought is that I have had, I guess one could call them "positive answers", from my deceased parents that they are together and happy. Not "traumatized and emotionally unable to move on", which was an idea Bokonon had about why some people encounter what are known as ghosts.

Certainly I hope there is an option on what happens after we die. I really want to emphasize that my opinions are just that. I have come to have them by reading a lot of books on paranormal subjects. I have also had a number of paranormal experiences that have reinforced my beliefs. Clearly Bokonon and others have had experiences that they feel reinforce their beliefs. There very well could be a number of "after-life" possibilities.

I do like the idea Wish-Not, that our personal mindset (as you put it) could determine which direction we head after kicking the bucket. My digressions were in response to Bokonon stating that reincarnation is an "absolute fact of human reality." I just don't think it is. As YGS is a site dedicated to the subject of ghosts, I just wanted to speak up in their defense 😁. This has been a great discussion everyone!
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Good ideas, Manafon. Yeah, I do think that if reincarnation exists then it must be a choice or a process my tiny primate brain will never understand. Because there are apparitions that show themselves or are seen over time... Such as families moving into houses and encountering the same entity. The world is a mystery novel.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Manafon1- I guess in my ramblings I missed my mark. 😆 I do that a lot too.

What if there is no "norm". What if both or all options are possible? Why would one not work with the other?

What if it was determined on our own personal mind set which direction we head after our demise?

I know, there is a bunch of "what if's", but I believe (personally) that there are many options. Certainly more than I was raised to believe.

Rambling again, sorry
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Bokonon and everyone else following this thread--There is one more aspect I feel is worth addressing when considering whether reincarnation or moving on to a "spiritual realm" occurs after physical death. If reincarnation was the norm (as Bokonon feels is the case), I don't feel there would be the thousands of well documented cases of veridical (or truth telling) apparitions that have been reported down the years.

Ghosts of loved ones appear time and again in well attested case studies to impart messages as simple as,"I love you", or, "We will be together again one day", to incredibly complex cases involving ghosts who visit a person to impart information (on where an item of importance is for instance) and on occasion request a task be carried out (the well documented case of Mrs. Goodeve which can be found in Andrew Mackenzie's book Hauntings and Apparitions is a great example) which are indicative of spirits intent on communicating messages from "somewhere else".

If reincarnation is what normally occurs after death, there would be far fewer cases of these veridical types of apparitions. It's important to note too that although many such messages from spirits happen very soon after the person has died, there are also a huge number of well attested cases in psychical literature that show that the spirits of loved ones can visit a living person even decades after their death to provide a comforting word or to pass on information it considers important. If these well documented cases are to be believed, it suggests the spirits of the deceased are existing "on the other side" and not being instantaneously reincarnated.

Of course, reincarnation may occur. I have no way of being positive it doesn't but the vast number of reports of ghosts visiting the living to convey simple to complex messages after death suggests to me that the spirit, or soul, moves on to another realm and not another physical body.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
To Everyone on YGS addressing the topic of past-lives or reincarnation... Wow, it actually sounds quite intimidating when you put it that way, um, I would definitely like to share my thoughts, too!

I was raised Catholic and never had any reason to believe that I had lived a previous life or in reincarnation; no memory imprints, dreams or strange feelings, or anything really substantial which would make me feel that reincarnation may be a factual, occurring or re-occurring, component or circumstance of human life. When I first heard of reincarnation, I absolutely believed it to be preposterous, complete nonsense! I didn't understand how people had even come to believe in such an absurd belief?!

However, I had a near death experience in my mid-twenties which drastically changed my point of view. Initially, I experienced what many experience when first dying which is an uncomfortable, sortof, unreal, confusing blackness or darkness. Subsequently, I flew up and out of my body. Now, I could not see my physical body while taking this journey, nor did I make an effort to check; do I still have arms or legs? I just flew up and while doing so, I felt an absolute bliss and peace which correlated with a feeling of eternal joy. I was resuscitated or 'brought-back' before I got to meet any person, spirit or saintly being.

I do remember, at this point, pondering heavily on the likelihood of what would have happened next. The thing that seemed 'most' likely to happen, would be re-incarnation! Not immediately, I do not know what process would happen in between; would I meet a spirit or saint first? Would they discuss my life as it was on earth? I don't know... But, being in that form, that form or 'ball' of energy... And, thinking about the emotions that accompanied the journey at-hand, made me think, it would be most likely, I would fly into a tree or baby or what ever! And, "my" cycle of life would re-begin.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Bokonon- I am going to take the middle road on this subject. This is why I find this conversation so fascinating.

For myself personally, I have had no experience with reincarnation. However, I am not one to discount it for that reason. I have had to deal with individuals that discredit my experiences only for the reason they have never had an encounter or their believes told them it "isn't" possible. They will rationalize what they don't know.

I was raised by bible thumpers who used the good book when it suited their agenda. As I grew older I began to question certain things. Well that went over like "a turd in the punch bowl" 😆

As a "Middle age adult" I try to remain open to the things I don't know or understand. There are so many layers of existents that I don't want mine restricted by a box. Does that make since?

Anyways, I'm rambling again. I do that a lot 😆
However, there sure is a whole lot of smoke without the possibility of a fire.

Loved your story as well! Have a great weekend 😊
DirtCreature (guest)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
I read your profile Tweed when I first got on YGS and it was magical. I am open minded to all kinds of things existing and not existing but reincarnation is the one thing I am really really not comfortable with unless it's a choice (in which case I opt out... I'm not really one for participation). I do not like the idea of finally dying and then having to be thrown into the circus of life again. NOPE. I don't like the roll of dice chance I could be a child with malaria in my next life or a rat stuck in someone's tantalizing cheese trap seeing my way out again for more tortures of life:/ I'd rather just chill with the ghost homies.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
wish-not - I thought that might be the case LOL Although my Facebook account has decided not to notify me of new comments 😆
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Miracles- I just find these conversations fascinating. With other media outlets one can "click" on an option that notifies you when something is added.

In this case, I can easily find it from my profile page from my comment 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
wish-not - huh? 😆 I'm confused. Are you having trouble seeing the comments on this story? Or are you suggesting the admin add something that will notify you/us that there are new comments?
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
haha Wish Not, that really made me laugh!

Bokonon, I'd also like to thank you for explaining your beliefs.
I feel the same as Manafon regarding reincarnation. I even have a pretty sarcastic (in a nice way) spiel about it on my profile.
I guess the biggest problem I have with reincarnation is that it's final, 'the second death'. I was raised to believe in it, but I never liked it because it felt connected to low self esteem. Eg: 'I play piano because I did so in a previous life' (ah, no I can play this piece because I practice all the time and have no social life - haha true!)

Also, growing up around a woman with multiple personality disorder informed my opinion that memory is nonlinear. You could ask her alters (the ones who were sociable at least) and they'd go on about their own childhood, some even had parents. I feel psychiatric disorders are an extreme manifestation of the normal human experience. In that we all have those 'memories' or those 'alters' but, unless we've had a traumatic past which lead to our developing mind fracturing, we, 'normal' 'sane' people merged these parts of ourselves into one. I'm not suggesting you have a psychiatric disorder lol, but that everyone is capable of tapping into that emotional realm of perception, as certain psychiatric disorders express our human extremities. I hope that makes sense!

Taking notes Wish Not? Lol 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Bokonon - I enjoyed reading your experience. As I was reading it, I was left with the same impression as Biblio: the entity mistook you for someone of a lower class (blah!) who dared enter the front door of their home, unannounced and uninvited. I mean, seriously, how dare you! 😊 Anyway, that was the thought that ran through my mind. Once you were off their property, you were no longer worth their attention and were not considered a threat.

I want to add my experience with reincarnation, if you don't mind. A few years ago, I enrolled in an Akashic Records class. One of our homework assignments was to see if we could find out who we were in a former life and how it applied to our current life. I did. And it explained so much about why I am the way I am.

I am not prejudiced, racist, sexist or any other "ist". I am obsessive compulsive and had no idea why. To me, everything has its place and needs to be returned there. All of this was revealed by taking a trip into the past. I found out in one lifetime I was a male black slave. It explained so much to me. After a second trip into the Akashic Records, I realized I didn't need to know anymore. At least not at that point. Maybe in a few years I'll take the course again 😕
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Bokonon--We will just have to agree to disagree. I respect your conviction. I really have to state though that my experiences with family members and friends who have passed on does not support reincarnation. Can I be sure it doesn't happen? Absolutely not. There are many compelling stories, yours included, that provide a lot of food for thought. Equally, as the existence of YGS can attest to, there are a lot of well reported cases (mostly of the personal experience variety) which suggests that the soul moves to what could be described as a "spiritual realm" after physical death.

As I wrote in my first comment to you, if there is a choice I choose not to come back. At least not as another person. As a ghost maybe 😜.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
*Turn on Notifications for this Post*

CLICK

Fifty,fifty,fifty
Bokonon (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Manafon1 - no, they were not psychic impressions of other people.

I was shown quite clearly who I had been, people in my past families and places I had lived. I was shown the progression of all those lives from one to another and how that progression ended at this one with the 'me' I am now.

I was shown that someone in my current family (my maternal Grandmother) had been my child about 6 lives ago. She and I had always been particularly close when I was a child and when I was shown we had been closely related in that previous life, our special relationship made complete sense to me.

You may indeed be at the end of your cycle.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Bokonon--Thank you for your thoughtful explanation of why your belief in reincarnation is so powerful. I now understand why you have such a deep and personal conviction.

As I wrote in my initial comment to you, I am not on board with the concept of reincarnation. I have had paranormal experiences throughout my life that, for me, have suggested nothing other than the spirit moving on to another realm.

I have never experienced anything like you describe, so it has not informed my opinion. It seems in your belief in reincarnation that the human soul does, at some point, leave this world. I just have a profound conviction that when I die I will not be returning in another human body. Maybe that just means my "human cycle" is complete.

Do you think it possible that some of what you believe to be your past lives were instead psychic impressions you were able to pick up from other spirits? I have often thought that what many assume to be visions of their own past lives are psychic impressions/messages that are sent by spirits and picked up by particularly sensitive people.

I can tell your belief in reincarnation is profound. At the end of the day I guess we will find the answer at the end. I just have an equally passionate conviction I will be moving on from this world when my time is up. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Bokonon (1 stories) (5 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-02-24)
Manafon1, to say it would be a long story to tell why I am convinced of reincarnation is an understatement. To type it all out would amount to a novelette. And frankly, it's just so powerful and personal for me, I don't care to share details in a public forum.

The summary is that from the age of 10 - 12, I had a large number of powerful experiences/flashbacks to multiple previous lives. These were intense and smacked of absolute credibility. They were the most powerful, influential experiences in my life.

And just FYI, these occurred before I had heard of reincarnation. It wasn't a concept to me until 'the evidence' was displayed to me very clearly and personally. I remember at one point I saw a reference to reincarnation sometime a couple of years after my own experiences and thought, "Oh! So this is something other people know about!"

Let's just say to have those experiences and then get up every day, be a normal kid, ride my bike to 5th grade, etc. Made for an interesting, thoughtful childhood.

Some of the things I learned in these experiences: to be racist or sexist is to be ignorant. I was various 'races' in various lives and both genders. Our bodies are just temporary vehicles of consciousness that we 'wear' like clothing for each lifetime. Our human essences (souls?) are inhabitants of these temporary bodies and are essentially all the same stuff as everybody else.

Whether you 'wear' a male or female or black or brown or white body is basically a coin flip. We're all human beings.

As far as 'moving on' is concerned, I know that's going to happen for me, so probably all of us. I was shown quite clearly that this current life is my last turn on the human wheel. I was not, however, given the knowledge of what is coming afterward.

As far as ghosts/paranormal entities are concerned (like the one I encountered!) my thought on that -- which could of course be wrong -- is simply that some people are so traumatized and or emotionally unable to move on, that they somehow resist 'recycling' and hang around as disembodied life-forces for long, long times. Just a theory on my part.

So -- when I was 10 - 12 I was given the knowledge and certainty of reincarnation. Then 8 years later, I 'met' the column of smoke in the Pilgrimage house. Two very powerful and very different experiences. I've had no similar experiences in the rest of my life. I just know that -- ghosts/entities are very real. I would no more touch a Ouija board than a live cobra. If you open a door - well, you don't know what will come through it.

I also know I've been here before -- and since I'm probably not special -- that's probably the common, human experience.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-22)
Thanks, great account. I think the entity you saw was evil, perceived the goodness in you, dangerous to itself and wanted you gone. I don't think you lied to your girlfriend, you really felt ill.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: