You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunting Of An Old Teacher

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting Of An Old Teacher

 

The maths department at our school used to be the chemistry department, where Bunsen burners were used. There was a story of an old chemistry teacher whose hair got caught in the Bunsen burner. She panicked, as any normal person would, so she fled the room, not remembering that there was a balcony outside the classroom. At the time, the balcony railing was only a couple of feet off the ground, so when the teacher was fleeing from the room she forgot that the low balcony railing was there, causing her to trip on it and fall to her doom. I have never really thought much of this story, until today.

When I walked into my form room yesterday lunch (which is in the maths department, i.e. The old chemistry department where the teacher died) I saw a white glowing ball that disappeared when my friends and I walked in. I didn't think to tell anyone about it until today. Whilst we were on the subject, we all remembered thr story about the chemistry teacher and thought that it might be her who was the white glowing ball that I saw.

We also realised that some computer mouses in the maths department move one their own! But this is only in the maths department, which is what got us all thinking. Maybe it was her that was moving them?

Another experience we had today was my friend, Olivia, put her hand out into the air, although she said that it didn't feel like it was her that was holding it up, but that something was letting her rest her hand on it. This could have also been her.

And the last experience we had was me and my other friend, Lauren, both got a bad case of shivers whilst walking past our teachers desk where the computer mouse is. The same mouse that had been moving on its own. Getting a shivery feeling is normal, I know, but not when two people get it in exactky the same place. Lauren also said that she never normally gets the shivers, so it was weird for her.

I know it isn't very scary, but it was for me and my friends! Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tulisafan123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

LaurenCoates (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
I am the girl who got the shivers when walking past the desk where the mouse moved. Obviously after the expierence we heard about more ghost stories. I didn't see the white orb the Tulisafan123 saw but when we walked into the room it felt... Different.

I believe Tulisafan123 as she is one of my closest friends and what hapened to Olivia we all saw and it's nearly impossible to keep your arm still while you are bending sideways.

So don't doubt Tulisafan123 as I was also there and expierenced these Paranormal Activities aswell
tulisafan123 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
thanks everyone for the comments, and for those asking whether it is true that the teacher died in the school, there is a plaque on the balcony where she died saying "in loving memory of Dora Mary Hemming, chemistry mistress 1920-1950".

Since this all happened we haven't had any other paranormal experiences, but to be honest we haven't been looking out for them that much anymore.

We were going to persuade a teacher to let us to a Ouija Board in our form room one day after school, but then we decided that it wouldn't necessarily change anthing about it if we knew that there was a ghost there or not there!

Thanks again for reading:) ❤
priky77 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
how is it that you all see ghosts... I have never in my life seen even a single trace of something like that... But however it amazes me a lot and I believe you ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Jerryhend,
Are you drunk posting? No one is stopping you from posting your two cents. I do it all the time... ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
tulisafan123, have you ever researched the story of the teacher to see if it actually happened? If it did it is possible that she could still be around. Orbs and chills are kind of hard to pin point as paranormal becuase there are so many different explanations as to why they occurred. Thanks for sharing and let us know if you experienced anything else.

[at] jerryhend1, I am familiar enough with your posts to know that is not normal for you. I hope you have not been hacked. 😕 😢
Gargoyle (51 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
jerryhend1
I must be missing something here...
Could you explain that strange statement?
😕
It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the story?
Gargoyle
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
There was a time that one could say and talk and say one could, but that time has passed, now one must do as one is told. Good luck and god bliss. And to you that I speek of, piss off.
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Hi tulisafan123,

An interesting encounter you experienced.

Had a teacher really died within the school grounds or is this an urban legend fabricated by older pupils and passed on to scare new starters? If it is true then maybe you could ask a teacher you trust the facts or any local residents who attended the school when the tragic incident took place. It would be interesting to see if this actually happened.

The orb could well have been the teacher paying a visit. The fact you saw it in the room of the accident more than likely means it is her.

How old is the school building? I ask this as the older a building is there is more chance other incidents took place and holds secrets. If other tragedies occurred then it may be another spirit. I hope not, though, as one needless death is one too many.

Don't worry about readers maybe not thinking your story is scary enough. It is real to you and you have had to deal with the emotions of knowing an accident took place in your form room and you who witnessed the orb. No serious reader will judge you on this and the fact it is published means it is good enough for members of this site.

Thanks for sharing,

Lakota73 😊
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Very interesting. I take pictures of orbs all the time and have some taken of the day too with orbs in them. Sounds like you saw an orb in the classroom. The mouse moving could be her letting you know she is still there. I wouldn't be afraid, she just probably loved her job and still wishes to be there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: