You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of An Old Teacher... Or?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of An Old Teacher... Or?

 

I was in 6th standard at the time when this took place. I was of the firm belief that ghosts do not exist. In fact, even after this experience, I maintain the same. I still think that there has to be a sane and scientific explanation for whatever happened that day.

Our school is very old and there is a large forested area behind the playground. At that time, the basketball courts were situated on the border of that same area.

It was the end of school and we were all playing. We had just stopped for a break when the most unearthly sound filled the air, as if someone was singing. The closest comparison would be opera, but at a higher pitch. My hair stood on end. Everyone was looking around at each other.

There was no place around the court where the sound could have come from. The staff quarters behind the forest were abandoned. So was the guard house nearby. Besides, the sound was unearthly. No living organism could have emitted that sound.

There were just two people who had not heard the sound. But they did not believe in anything that was unexplained or mysterious anyway, not even things like the Hope Diamond or even some parts of history. This could be the only explanation why they did not hear the sound, considering the thing to be something supernatural.

We were all wondering what might the sound be. That was when a friend said that the sound might belong to a dear teacher of ours who died when we were in 4th standard. She died in a car accident, hardly peaceful. The children of her class had gathered whatever reminded them of her and buried it a little inside the forested area, right in front of where we were standing. This could be proof that the sound indeed belonged to the teacher only.

Until I find a reasonable explanation, I will keep remembering the day as the day when my deep seated beliefs were challenged.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sakura11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
My scientific hypothesis is that perhaps someone was listening to a radio in the forest or somewhere else nearby, out of view, and the reason that two people couldn't hear the sound was that it was too high-pitched and/or faint. As we age, we lose the ability to hear higher pitches. Some people lose this ability faster than others, due to how often they are exposed to sounds which wear away the tiny hairs inside their ears which give the ability to hear. People who listen to very loud music, have diets low on antioxidants, or have genetic predisposition or even particular medical issues will lose the ability to hear these higher pitches.

As a person with dog-like hearing, I'm used to people not hearing what I do. And I had a handful of friends, when I was younger, whose hearing was as bad as my father's.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Sakura, this may not be your teacher by the description, but it is possible. Do you have more information that would make it seem more likely, by chance? Proximity does not rule out any other spirit. Do you know if she sang or liked opera a lot?

Also, Angels beliefs she is a medium are her own. Most people who put out their beliefs onto others as fact are typically blinded by their own bias.
Angel9090 (guest)
-2
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
I get vibrations in my hands and I believe that's what makes me a medium and I got a positive vibration when I asked if it was the teacher so I do believer it is the teacher.
Angel9090 (guest)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
He also believes that it is the dead teacher but yes he has to make that choice.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Angel - you are certainly right. Everyone has their own opinions and I have mine. I hope the o/p is wise enough to take everything into consideration when reading the comments. To make it a bit clearer, if this was my story I wouldn't believe you simply because you claim to to be a medium. Previous conversations with you certainly don't make me want to take it for granted that just because you say you're a medium means you are. Lots of people make claims that are completely false. I have no reason to think you might not be the same.
Angel9090 (guest)
-3
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
I have confirmed with my psychic vibrations that it was the teacher and usually I am correct when dealing with the vibrations but hey everyone has their own opinions and I respect them.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Sakura11 - I agree with Sheetal. I also don't believe it to be your deceased teacher. From the information you have given us, there is nothing other than her being buried nearby that may make that a possibility. If you had said she was known to sing, and/or liked/sang opera, not even professionally, I would be far more inclined to think it may be her spirit you heard. But as it is, I don't.
Angel9090 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Hi Sakura! I enjoyed reading your story and I have no reason not to believe you seeing that you are a middle age adult and the experience must have stuck with you over the years and you wanted to share it with others. I am sure that the voice that you heard belongs to the deceased teacher who is restless after reaching an untimely death. The reason that I am sure is because I am a medium and I deal with spirits and vibrations. It is not unusual for you to be the only one to hear her since spirits have the ability to choose who should see or hear them and anyone who sees or feels spirits around them will know that this is possible.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Hi Sakura11, who were the two people, who have not heard the sound? And when you people were so familiar with your teacher's voice, even though it could have been two years earlier, how you could not identify the voice? I feel that when one of your friends prompted that it could have been the dead teacher's voice and I feel every one agreed. And again that since she was buried quite near to where you people were playing, you could have concluded it to be her voice.

But I am more interested in knowing why two people haven't heard anything and what their opinions were.

Please do respond. Welcome to YGS.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
hi, Sakura... Welcome to YGS... I don't think it was the voice of your dead teacher... But meanwhile I can't say what is the cause of that voice... 😕 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: