You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Guardian

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian

 

I didn't come by my experiences by mistake, or by some inter-demensional flaw, or whatever paranormal experts call the ability to see things beyond the physical. I inherited it from my maternal grandmother, who had a ton of experiences, but I'll save those for later.

The first time I ever had an experience was when I was about 11 years old. I had five siblings at the time, my twin brothers being the last in our group. They had just turned one about five months prior to the happening.

I was babysitting for just a few minutes while my Mom ran out to the store. My Dad was at work and that left me with my four brothers and sister alone in the house. I had gone upstairs to play with my sister, and had left the twins sleeping in their crib downstairs; I'd be able to hear them if they woke up, so I wasn't worried at all. A few minutes later, I suddenly became slightly cold. This is odd because it was the beginning of summer in Tucumcari, New Mexico, and so it was at least 100 degrees outside, and our air conditioning was always terrible. After I felt the goosebumps rise on my flesh, I heard a voice say, "Go check on Caleb."

I looked up and around at the room, but the only person with me was my sister. It scared me a little, because the only other people in the house were under the age of 10, and the voice had been that of an adult male. I shrugged it off as an over-active imagination sort of thing (I was 11, remember), and I went back to playing.

"GO CHECK ON CALEB."

The voice was loud this time, and it really scared me. I immediately got up off the floor and ran downstairs to the twins' crib. Sam, the older of the two, was laying on top of Caleb, shoving his face and mouth into the blankets. I freaked out, knowing that my baby brother could suffocate. I wound up waking both babies up by moving them, but I didn't much care - disaster had been averted. I never told my mother, because I was scared she'd get mad at me for not watching my brothers. My sister, who had been upstairs with me, hadn't heard any voice, loud as it was.

The next time I experienced the otherworldly was about three years later. I was 14 and had started high school. I was under a lot of stress since I was in a program that allowed kids to complete school at their own pace, and my parents wanted me to finish early. The pressure had started to build enough that I'd taken to sleeping whenever I wasn't doing schoolwork.

I was asleep one afternoon when suddenly I woke up and felt an honest-to-God person straddling me. I couldn't see anything, but it felt solid, with hands to pin my arms down to my sides. I was scared out of my wits, and started crying, even though I couldn't make a sound. I felt like something terrible was going to happen to me, when suddenly there was a presence beside me that I could only describe at the time as a very strong spirit. This spirit literally threw the evil presence off of me, and I felt a literal struggle for control for several seconds, before it all just disappeared, like someone had flipped a switch. I was more than freaked out, and this time, I told my Dad. He told me it was a dream, but the fact that I can recall it so clearly even after so many years tells me it's a lot more than that.

I eventually figured that the voice that had spoken to me when I was 11 and the spirit that had protected me when I was 14 was the same person. I started calling him my guardian angel. I didn't hear from him until a year ago, when my paranormal experiences went into overdrive. I had finally left home for college after attending a junior college in my hometown. I left Tucumcari, New Mexico for Goodwell, Oklahoma, and through some interesting circumstances, I wound up with a single room.

One night there had been a fight downstairs in front of the dorms. I got really scared because the yelling and screaming and police sirens had gotten so loud I could barely hear myself think. I was crying and hiding under my blankets (stressed-out 21 year old... Give me a break), when I felt that familiar chill and feeling of strength close by. I heard a chair creak, like someone had sat down in my desk chair, and then heard someone breathing. It wasn't scary; it felt like someone I knew was simply sitting in the room. I felt suddenly that if anyone were to come through my door, whoever was in my room would make sure they didn't get to me.

Still more things have happened since then, especially since I found out that the spirit's name is Joe. But that's another of those stories I have to tell, and there's too much to write down my first time. I just stumbled on this site, and it seemed like a legit place to vent out some things that I've kept inside for a long time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BareXenolith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
My mother had an experience like that once. I needed immediate help, one night when I was a newborn, and a voice woke her up in the middle of the night and made her realize she needed to check on me. After all the scary stories out there about spirits that seem to be nothing but creepers,it's always awesome to read one like this and hear the good side of the supernatural!
Dark4ever (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
।
Its Really Nice. I Hope Your Guardian Angle Will Always Protect you.
seeing (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Thats a great story. I guess God is helping you through someone. Hope great things happen to you in the future also.
owensnee1 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
BareXenolith, it looks like you indeed have someone watching over and protecting you. What a wonderful thing to have. That was very uplifting, thanks. As an aside, I think I've actually been to Tucamcari on my way from Durango to Virginia! Ate at a Mickey-D's I believe...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: