You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Abandoned Pick N' Save

Real Ghost Stories

Abandoned Pick N' Save

 

The most terrifying experience I ever had came about five years ago back in high school when a few friends and I broke into a building rumored to be haunted in Mandarin. It was abandoned at the time... The night ended with us thinking we were being shot at, and calling the police.

After breaking in we were walking around for maybe 10 minutes before we started hearing screams, we were all freaked out at that point, but it wasn't until we heard gunshots that we ran for the door and called the police. The police showed up and found absolutely NOTHING, no person, no evidence, NOTHING at all. We were cited for trespassing which only made things worse. It was off San Jose Blvd in Mandarin, which is a pretty low crime area, so the cops were never really taking us too seriously.

We did plenty of research after that night, and it turns out when occupied by Pick n' Save in the 80's there were a number of violent incidents. It turns out one of the clerks was held at gunpoint and murdered, which was completely relevant to our experience, and gave all of us chills.

Another incident unrelated to our experience involved one of the stockers being electrocuted in a freak accident while unloading a shipment. Many more urban legends surround that place, but those are the only two incidents that can be historically verified.

I recently tried going back to see if I'd have the same experience, but the building is occupied now, by a HAUNTED HOUSE of all things!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KThomp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-10)
Hello KThomp, nice narration and thanks for sharing. I feel like others that it is a residual haunting. But check up, if possible if it occurs now or if possible, you can do investigation in the haunted house, of course, legally without getting into any problems. But, if you do, please maintain a journal, if it is more than a day, try to remember at what time you had experienced the earlier encounter. If was JS predicts is right, then it should match with the time also.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
minimom (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-09)
With all the other haunted places in Duval County, you had to go there?

You're not going to find many sympathetic police around that area. Best advice is to stick to public places.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-09)
I agree with Brandon that it is likely a residual haunting. Nonetheless, that is a very scary experience... And sad that an innocent person died! Wow so it is now a haunted house! Ask its employees if they have encountered anything paranormal.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-09)
Cop: Oh you were shot at, huh? We will get you home safe, but i'm going to give you this ticket first.

Cops in low crime neighborhoods never have anything better to do. They remind me of that movie 'Super Troopers'.

This sounds like a residual haunting with the screams and gun shots. It matches up with the history.

JS aka Brandon

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: