You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Two Incredible Saves

Real Ghost Stories

Two Incredible Saves

 

Most of you know I have a bad back but not to what extent. I have three screws that are loosening and you can actually see them if I have a tight shirt or if I lift my shirt. One is actually broken, these screws are about 1/4 inch thick. I have bad scoliosis, one of my ribs is touching one of the vertebrae, and I just found out I broke my pelvis in two places. My balance is not good and I walk with a cane when I go anywhere. There's more but I don't think you want a full medical report.

The first incident happened shortly after I wrote my story about Billy. I was brushing my hair in the bathroom. My hair is a bit problematic because it is long, baby fine, and wavy. So sometimes I have to put my head down to get to the knots in the back. When I stood up I started to lose my balance and was walking backwards until my legs hit the back of the tub. The shower curtain was closed and inside the tub so I should have just fallen in on my butt. Instead I slid down the curtain as if someone was behind me making sure that I didn't get hurt and I landed gently. The holes on the top of the curtain were not damaged at all. Although I would normally say it was my father in-law or grandfather, I thanked Billy because the touch was a long lost memory brought back. The problem was the position I landed was knees over head. I don't know what part of the house my husband was in but I started calling for him. He had been in the basement and couldn't hear me and was frantic when he found me. I told him that I was fine, I just couldn't get out of the tub. Later he said that if he walked in on me kicking my legs he would have been laughing too hard to help me get out. I told him that if he was there a few minutes earlier that's what he would have seen.

The second incident happened a few weeks ago. I have a large corner hutch/curio cabinet. It is rather large and was not anchored to the wall. To be honest I don't remember what I was looking for but I climbed on a wooden bar stool to look on top of it. I couldn't find whatever it was so I was started to climb down but my foot slipped and landed on the back of a dining room chair and started to slip. My first thought was oh crap this is going to hurt when my screws hit the back of this chair. Then I see the hutch/curio cabinet falling towards me, I had NO time to react. But before it could fall on me I feel myself being scooped up and being put on the floor. A lot of things got broken in there and the glass doors opened and things fell out and broke. I called my husband to get him home to help me pick it up and clean up the mess. The one puppy was trying to eat the stems of several wine glasses. Thankfully I was able to scoop out what was in his mouth.

My daughter asked me what Billy looked like, I asked her why she wanted to know. She said she had seen a spirit of a man several times and described Billy to me.

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-11)
Redwolf, your experiences are so incredible. It's really interesting that your daughter saw Billy as well. I've gone and read both your accounts on Billy. They were so sad, and bitter-sweet.

It made me think of my first boyfriend. I was 17 at the time and he was 20; we thought we had all the time in the world. We were going to meet around Valentine's Day in 1982. But the helicopter he was flying crashed into the Straits of Malacca 4 days before that in an air-force training exercise. I've dreamed of him a few times over the years. He was smiling at me, as if just checking in to see how I was doing.

I'm sure it was Billy who was on hand to save you from a nasty fall on those two occasions. It's comforting to know he's continues to watch over you.

Trying to keep up? I get that same problem whenever I walk with my husband. He's 6'2" and I'm only 5'1". I've got to take 3 steps for his every stride. In the past, I've threatened to tie a leash on him to slow him down!

Have you tried acupuncture for pain relief? I've had it on my knees and my Mum says it helps with her back too.

Do take care of yourself and best wishes to you and your family.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-13)
hawkseye

Yes my ghosts (guardians?) certainly watch out for me in the house. I'm a total klutz outside but that is because the cement decks are falling apart and there are a lot of uneven areas I can't count on my cane so I rely on memorizing the cracks. Whoever built it really didn't know what they were doing.

Thanks for the leave in hair product.

Regards
Red
hawkseye12002 (3 stories) (36 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-13)
Oh, it must be wonderful to have such caring guardians around when you need them! So glad to hear you weren't hurt badly from these incidents.

About your hair... I also have long hair that I keep a spiral perm in so I feel your pain about the knots! My solution is a leave-in hair treatment called Infusium-23. The hair salons use it and it's about 8 bucks (here in NC, anyways) at Sally's Beauty Supply or about 6 bucks for a slightly smaller bottle in K-Mart. I wash my hair in the shower, wring it out then apply the Infusium. You'll wonder how you ever lived without it... And it smells good, too.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-09)
Thank you lady-glow. The incident with the curio/hutch really scared me because I was home alone. I just froze when I saw that thing coming towards me. Thankfully Billy scooped me up.

Also thank you for the comment about my hair. I do get compliments on it, it looks like it's just brown in the house but in the sunlight you can see a lot of red. I once had a dog that loved burying his nose in my hair. One day I cut it short and that dog would not come near me for a week. 😆

Red
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-09)
RedWolf: I'm glad Billy was there to protect you... Those two incidents could have ended badly!

...And I'm sure your hair is beautiful! 😘
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
I'm sorry Roylynx I answered Meldas questions along with yours. I should have addressed both of you.
To answer Melda about my pain the past few weeks have been bad, My hips are killing me which I thought was sciatica but it has to do with the pelvis. My husband walks pretty fast and I am constantly telling him to slow don but gradually he speeds up again. That is when my pelvis hurts most.
It helps that I have a high pain tolerance but the pain meds are a blessing when I need them.

Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-08)
roylynx,

Thank you for reading my story. Yes I definitely can tell the difference of the spirits in my house.

My grandfather kind of comes and goes but when it comes to my dogs if something is wrong with them he's here. One of the puppies we kept had gotten bloat Twisted stomach a few weeks ago and I could feel my grandfather watching over the pup. The first Animal Emergency Hospital said he was critical yet NONE of the 7 surgeons would come in to operate. They told us to go to another place and I was tired crying and felt a rage beside my own when I was told it would cost 7,000 to 9,000.I also could feel Billy rubbing my arm to try to calm me.

As far as my back is concerned my husband was told today that the surgeon may want to see one of his partners to address all of the problems with my back. It could very well be that I need more surgery than the one I expect.
Thanks again for reading.
Red
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
Red - You would probably have had a different "feeling" from your father-in-law or grandfather, so I can certainly believe that Billy might have been the one to break your fall on both occasions. It's also Interesting that your daughter saw him.

Besides, they all have different characteristics, don't they? If someone other than my resident spirit guy decides to pay a visit I get a totally different vibe immediately.

It sounds as though you're going to need more than one op to correct your back and pelvis problems. Are you planning on doing that sometime soon? You must be in a tremendous amount of pain. How do you cope with a broken pelvis? I'm surprised that you can walk at all!

Regards, Melda
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-06)
Oh wow! Billy is sure your guardian angel!
These 2 experiences remind me of several things that I have in mind. But reading the second experience completely made me think that something is with you in the house.

Thanks for sharing

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: