You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is My Past Catching Up With Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Past Catching Up With Me?

 

I have just recently signed up on this site. I have had experiences my entire life and don't feel as weird after reading the submissions from other people. I have always fought and denied seeing or feeling anything out of the ordinary. My mother passed away when I was 11 but really left a mark on me. She was very religious and influenced by her older brother. He was evil. He dabbled in witchcraft and abused his children. He convinced my mother that he was "born again" and that he had the ability to cast out demons.

Unfortunately, she bought his stories and assisted him on his adventures. She usually brought me along. I will not go into detail here other than to say that I grew up with extreme fear of spirits and demons, etc. I have always seen figures at night. I cover my head and pray and they go away. I hear people calling my name, see shadows, etc. I have always been sensitive but I fight it.

On two separate occasions mediums have told me I have spirits around me and that I could be a medium if I opened up to it. This is SO against my religious upbringing that I got upset and told them in no uncertain terms to leave me alone. I did not seek them out. One was at an amusement park, the other was at a fair and the lady ran out of her booth to follow me. I will not play with Ouija boards, Tarot cards, etc. Recently, I decided that since I haven't been hurt by these spirits, then I am really over-reacting. I started researching and reading and that is how I came upon this site.

A few weeks ago my older daughter (20 years old) stayed at my house and in the middle of the night started yelling at me to stop tickling her feet. I just thought she was talking in her sleep. Then a few nights later, I woke up feeling somthing on my feet. It felt like moth's wings. I jumped up and turned on the light but couldn't find anything. A few nights after that, I woke to the same feeling, but on my face. I have also seen a shadow in one corner ceiling of my room. It may sound crazy, but this hasn't scared me. It is more irritating than anything as I value my sleep.

Also, over the past few nights I have had a terrible time going to sleep and just feel frustrated/irritated and uncomfortable. It's just a negative feeling, not scary but just like someone is trying to keep me awake. Have I brought this on myself? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Other hauntings by GloriaW

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GloriaW, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-11)
I feel the same as you about what it could mean to see spirits. I see them to and have always went to church. I don't go anymore since I have moved from another state. Nevertheless I understand the confusion. If your a christian, where does this ability work into your christian upbringing. It is a gift, that's it. You can't help it, you didn't do anything to get it. Don't feel bad about the ability. We are just more sensitive to their presence. Somehow we have to learn to use this for the good of humanity. Maybe they want prayer or help crossing over. I know I am not evil and I too don't use ouija boards or tarot cards. Just accept that you have a special gift.
GloriaW (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-10)
Thank You for your comments. Rook- I will post a link as soon as I figure out how.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-10)
GloriaW,

It's no problem. Please ask any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer them.

I'd love to see that picture, anyway you can post a link to it?

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-09)
Gloria,
I agree with both you and rook. Since you are no longer fighting it, you are seeing more of what is hanging out around you. And to that fact you must add that it is because you can see them that they are hanging around. Vicious circle, I know. Given that they may go years with no one seeing them, then someone like you comes along and they must feel like they hit the jack pot.
Just as a side note, I have never understood why a person such as yourself, who can see spirits, is called a 'medium'. To me that word is neutral sounding, middle of the road, tepid water in a way. You see spirits. They know you can so they cling to you like static electricity. This scenario doesn't sound middle of the road to me. It's more like 'Full Tilt Boogie'. But that's just my opinion.
If the daughter without the sensitivities is now feeling it, then yeah, I agree it's getting stronger. And since you live in California, I grew up there too, I am curious about the earthquake factor in all of this. I have always held the belief that because of the energy released during ground movement, which is constant there, the paranormal activity has more to draw from when it comes to manifesting into a spirit you can see and hear. But add to that the fact that you are now being physically touched by these entities and you can understand how the energy released from the movement of the tectonic plates can certainly be a major factor in the strength these entities have.
Just look at the archives on this site for another example of this. Where the story count is divided up by States, California has the highest number of experiences reported to this site.
It would be very interesting to check your experiences against the seismic activity on the dates in question. If you kept a journal of the activity, paranormal and seismic, I think it would make a wonderful study, and something that would help move the science along in this area. Just a thought.

Jav
GloriaW (2 stories) (15 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-09)
Rook- thank you for being so positive and giving actual suggestions. I agree, I am not fighting these experiences any more and this opens me up to more activity. I was so tired of fighting! What I meant in my story is that I realized I expended so much fear and time trying to block these spirits/energies and it was ridiculous because they never hurt me. Dont get me wrong, there have been a couple of times where I felt malice coming from a spirit and those I will not tolerate! But for the most part I feel I am just sensitive and the spirits are harmless. I refuse to be controlled by fear any longer.

I have two daughters, the one who felt the "tickling" has always been pretty fearless and hasnt had a lot of experiences. My younger daughter is more like me and does have a young spirit of a girl attached to her. My daughter is afraid of anything paranormal so I don't bring up the subject or tell her when I sense things. She actually took a picture of herself and the girl showed up in the TV reflection behind her. I am getting the picture checked out to see if we can rule anything out other than a legitimate paranormal experience.

Sorry to go on so long, but it is great to have someone to listen and give constructive feedback!

Thanks!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-09)
GloriaW,

Brought it on yourself? No... However you mentioned this...

"Recently, I decided that since I haven't been hurt by these spirits, then I am really over-reacting."

It is possible that because you changed your 'mindset' you are now noticing things that are happening around you that you had closed out/shielded yourself from.

Has your Daughter ever told you about experiences she has had prior to this?

Please try this if you are still feeling 'negative' like you have described...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: