You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Abandoned House, Demonic?

Real Ghost Stories

The Abandoned House, Demonic?

 

I am from a small district in the state Chattisgarh from India. I am reading interesting stories in this page since 2013 and found it appropriate to post stories here. This is my 1st experience. My story is about the house in front of my house which was abandoned. People felt it creepy at night so me and two of my friends (let their names be X & Y). Sorry for grammatical errors.

Starting of the story was with a man. I was waking up until 2 am studying for exams and then someone screamed so loud that the whole colony woke up to see what's going on. There was a man (I'm not sure with his age maybe he's in his 20s) was screaming at something which wasn't visible and it was only visible to him and then he stopped. When we went near him, I knew he was drunk because of the smell. People ignored him as a drunkard but he was telling "there's a ghost in that peepal tree (I don't know its name in English but its scientific name is Ficus Religiosa) ". The tree was inside and it was a huge one that the previous house owner always worshiped it.

But there were some, too religious maybe, started whispering that he may have seen a chudail (female demon). Some ignored these and went back to home.

I was still thinking what it could be and then came the idea which I would never want in my life, I thought of going there with friends. Many of them refused as their parents won't allow, but I got three of them and finally decided to go over there and record at night 1 am.

So, as I was a 15 year teen at that time, I was curious that what I'll find there. We went without any attention. As I went there, I started to feel something bad. I ignored it thinking that it might be my brain because of the darkness there. At first, we went to bedroom and saw nothing but spider webs & rotten furniture.

A closet was also there wrapped with webs and we opened it with help of a stick. As it opened, my friends felt nothing but the cranking of its doors, but I felt that something came out of closet and so I asked them that did they saw that thing moving out of closet and they replied no. So far it was good, but when we moved near the peepal tree, Y started to feel something bad. I told him that I was feeling same but Y's condition was gone worse, he started looking up and then we also looked up to see what he was watching.

We were chilled and frightened after what we saw. There was a dark figure on the branch sitting there with eyes staring right to Y. Then he started circling his head slowly and then speed was increasing. I was chilled so hard after I saw that his iris & pupil was not there, his eye was full white. X shaked him and when he did so, he felt so cold by touching his hand and he told me that he was freezing. I now knew something wasn't good and there's a bad spirit in here.

To our luck, I had a locket which was blessed by a priest. I quickly took it out on my hand and then started chanting holy mantras. I made sure that X is not making eye contact with the spirit. Y stopped circling, his eyes came back and he asked us what happened. We quickly ran away from that place.

X & Y were going home back as quickly as possible and I told X to keep an eye on Y until he reaches home. I quickly ran to my room and turned the lights on because I wasn't able to sleep in dark. At morning, I came to know that Y was having high fever but he was relieved in a week by medicines. X was good but he was still shaking and he told me 2 days later that when I was chanting, he heard screams coming from above his head and when he peeped he saw yellow eyes and green iris just like a lizard. I thought that he was making it up but his face & fear was telling opposite.

But still, are spirits attracted to this peepal tree? Looking to Y's condition, it was a demon maybe. The good thing is that we all are safe now and we are never going to that location again. Now, the place is being cleared because for construction of new house. I hope that they will be safe in future and be safe from negativity.

Can anyone tell me what in the actual world was that?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostyanu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

funeralmass (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-17)
Hi ghostyanu, interesting story. Many cultures have legends of elementals, nature spirits, whatever you want to call them, attached to natural objects like trees (especially trees, and the kind of trees vary according to culture), rocks, water, caves, crystals, certain areas of land, etc...

Perhaps what you and your friends saw was some kind of elemental attached to that tree. Some are purportedly benevolent and good, some neutral, some evil. Perhaps it was such an elemental and may have been neutral, or even good, in nature and merely scared you because of it's appearance. Your buddy's fever may have been coincidental. Just a thought.
ammu_teddy (5 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-31)
If I were you, I should have died due to heart attack... 😨
By the way when did this happened? Is you & your friends OK now? 😐 God bless you
ghostyanu (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-17)
Hi Sushantkar, I totally agree with your knowledge of navagraha. People have told me not to roam near that tree after 11 at night because of spirits. As you said that its used to satisfy Saturn, I have seen some people also doing some kind of prayer with deeyas near that tree. Localities tell that they were doing a kind of black magic and really it was true. If you were here, you'll see, especially at full moon nights, ladies with a lemon, red powder and diyas with some more things, sat there and do some kind of prayer. And then next day you'll find lemons with red powder on it.
ghostyanu (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-17)
Hi Aaru275. Yeah that place really gave chills to me and I still cannot forget how scary it was.
Thanks for reading my story...
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-16)
Oh just to add, as we all know that peepal tree are worshiped because they can satisfy Saturn, and is one of the 9 heavenly objects known as Navagraha in Hindu astrology. As per my knowledge and what my elders said to me that peepal tree in most of the time habitats the "Brahm Daitya"the holy tormentor ghost. The legendary ghost BrahmDaitha are typically classified based on their religion, time & nature of death, place of death and so on and they generally don't harm but it did not mean they cannot. One should always keep distance from them as they are highly unpredictable.
Might be your friend had encountered with Brahmdaitya or may be not.

Regards
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-16)
Hi Ghostyanu! In India, I have heard so many spooky stories associated with Peeple tree from my childhood. In my early teens, the locality where we were residing had a peepal tree which had a celebrity status of being haunted. People leaving there have their own experiences of paranormal sightings. One day while returning from a friends house I had to go pass that tree which just had made me freaked out.
Your story just refreshes the memories of that incedient of my childhood.
Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-14)
That's really scary. I would have died if something like that happened with me. I suggest you to never go back there. It's better not to provoke that malevolent spirit.
ghostyanu (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-10)
Hii Sid926 thanks for reading my story... I also agree that peepal tree isn't a haunted house for demons but what I felt was negativity there. It may be another spirit roaming there because that house was owned by some couple who died horrific death. As I know, the husband in the couple was a heavy drunkard. One day he beaten his wife and she commited suicide. Thinking that the police will beat him and he'll be caught for harassment, he drank poison and both died on same spot. I think that spirit I encountered was either attached to this incident or something else

Anyways, thanks:D
Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-08)
Hii...i read your story... It was pretty much thrilling. I also live in india. If you ask me about the peepal tree (which you mentioned in your story) I think that would be pretty much a topic for debate. My personal opinion is that since ages we have been hearing a superstition that ghosts or chudail and every negative spirit... Lives on peepal tree... Hence during full moon night we shouldn't go near this tree or just at even regular times we shouldn't go. But all this is absolutely wrong...! Whatever you saw on that might be real no doubt... But the question which you asked... That are spirits attracted to peepal tree? Then I personaly would say that this is not true... As peepal tree in our hindu books is known to be very medicinal and auspicious tree... And it also very useful for us. As from ages we have been hearing this superstiton thing from everyone that maybe at some point we also feel that is this true.
Hence I would say that spirits aren't attracted towards this tree. Now that night you might have seen that ghost or whatever on that tree hence you thought of that question. 😊 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: