You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: One Unborn Baby Saved

Real Ghost Stories

One Unborn Baby Saved

 

This story happened in our ancestral house in the province of Aklan on my cousin's wedding week. Three days before the wedding me and my nieces went to the house of the groom. From the house that we live, we need to travel by foot crossing the plains and into the mountain, it was a town to town walk.

On the way, we saw many animals, dogs, chickens, birds, etc. The weird thing is that everytime we pass by those animals, they stare at us. It was like we made a wrong turn. I asked one of my nieces, "Is this the right way? I mean, I only see trees and animals around. No other people but us." I said. She replied "Yes this is the right way, and don't make any eye contact with the wild animals." And I replied "Why? Are they going to bite or eat you?" She replied "Nope but they might be shapeshifting monsters or what we native here call it "aswang". While walking in an increasing pace I replied "Yeah, right! We are in the 21st century. Nobody believes on an old folklore story."

We reached our destination, it took us 30 minutes. One of the townsfolk said that we should return to our house early before the sun sets. It was a good thing for me because I really do want to go back and rest my feet. So we head back late, around 6:00 pm and it is dark. So one of my niece said that we should hurry up.

While we are walking, the animals kept staring at us. So I ignored them. We reached our house around 6:45 pm.

We are watching a television in one the three rooms of the house, suddenly we heard a strange noise, "Wak! Wak! Wak! Wak!" The sound gets weaker as time passed by. So for me a city born person ignored it; suddenly the lights outside the window flickered. I got scared and my nieces to. So we turned off the television and covered ourselves with blankets. We were so scared until we fell asleep.

The next morning I asked my cousin about it. She said "That was a "wakwak". A person that can separate it body into two, the upper part grows a pair wing at the back and the lower part hides itself. From a far its wings flaps and make sound "wak! Wak! Wak!" as it gets near you the sound of its wings diminish. It feeds on unborn babies by using its long slimy slender tongue that goes to a pregnant lady's navel and slowly drains the baby."

I replied "So congratulations to you! You are pregnant I supposed? And we are really lucky!" My cousin replied "Yes, thank you! And I'm lucky, because that "wakwak" wondered to the wrong part of our house."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angelicamariz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PinkChick (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-27)
guys please don't be close judge. I'm from the philippines and yes it can happen they they somehow wander and get lost. Maybe the smell of the infant is too strong that she can't determine where it really is located. Just a theory though.
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
I do believe in your story, because I've seen one when I was little and my sister in law was also pregnant that time.
angelus04 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
I'm from the Philippines. Wak-wak is very popular here. It is also called "Manananggal". I think near countries like Indonesia and Malaysia have a similar folklore just like us. I've also heard stories of this kind of beast from these countries.

A wak-wak is normally a beautiful woman transforming into a ferocious human-eating monster. She will put oil all over her body, and this oil is what transform her into a monster. Two bat-like wings will grow on her back, and her upper body will be separated from her waist in order for her to fly.

Just like any other monster, there is a way to kill this creature. You need to look for the lower part of her body and then put a kilo or more of salt on it and it will start to burn. Once this part of her body has been eliminated, she can no longer return to her true form, and will be burned once the sun is up.

Before, I also don't believe this creature, but there are a lot of witnesses here in the Philippines that said it is true. The Visayan Region is where this legend has originated.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
That doesn't sound believable to me. I'm sure if it actually happened, it would happen all over the world not just in your country.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Interesting story. Seems like some Folklore's can come true! Or at least help protect.

Blessed be ❤
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
How could anyone get lost in a three room house?

Do 'wakwaks' leave their brains behind when they transform? 🤔
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Yikes! Do all these things really happen in your country?

It is not like I do not believe your story but... A person with the ability to separate its body in two parts is just so hard to imagine. How could a pair of legs find a place to hide if they have no eyes to see where to go? 🤔

Has a Wakwak ever been caught? I mean, if the wings are as noisy as you say,- how come the pregnant lady and/or her husband do not wake up when the monster enters the room?

I do not know, your story is creepy but it seems to be more superstition than factual.

As for the animals staring at you, the same happens to me where I live, perhaps they are just trying to see that you mean no harm.

Thank you for sharing... I won't be able to look at a squirrel like I used to 😉
zyke17 (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
what do you mean wandered in the wrong part of the house... So is she really pregnant? Very lucky indeed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: