You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: One Strange Night

Real Ghost Stories

One Strange Night

 

In 1985 I was 17 and dating a girl in Valparaiso Indiana.

Her dad and I became close and we were both Bears fans at the best time you could be one. I was there late one night in December after a game and my girlfriend, mother, and sisters went to bed. It was about two am when we heard this banging outside. He said "Want to see something?"

We got bundled up and treaded outside in the knee high snow. They lived outside town in a rural setting with a field across the road and just a few houses on their side. We went around the house and I could see light in their neighbor's shed. Shadows were flashing through the light and you could tell the bulb was swinging. The shed had windows in each door and opened barn style. As we got closer I could see tools flying around the room and banging against the walls. I looked at him "Hey, what the hell is that?"

He said "I've seen this twice, watch."

When we got up to the doors he reached up to grab the handle and looked at me just before he grasped it. He said "Wait." Then grabbed the handle. It was like a plug was pulled. Light went out and everything stopped. All you could hear was the wind. He said "Shows over." We walked back silently.

I went into the service a few months later and never saw him again. We never talked out it, not once. Twenty years later I ran into my ex girlfriend and told her that story. She said he never told her that. She called him while I was sitting there and he said "Oh yeah, that was something alright." She just shrugged her shoulders and said "Ain't that just like him."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ahill1003, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-01-03)
Ahill1003, I'm catching up on as many story's posted on here as I can and came by yours. Sounds like a good one for you to share on your next camping trip by the open fire late at night. Very strange night for you indeed. Thanks for sharing your situation.
Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-12-21)
That is absolutely...freaky. Very odd indeed.

With it being so long ago I know you will never get any answers, but it would be interesting to know what those neighbors experienced and if they knew any possible history behind it, like if anyone died around the property for example.

Strangely enough, things like that fascinate me because of the odd nature of it.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-11-06)
Hi Ahill1003

That sounds like whatever was in there was having a great time. Pity you and your exs dad put a stop to the party...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-11-03)
Wow!

I wonder if the neighbor heard the loud noises coming from his shed, and if he wondered what the heck were you guys doing at his shed in the middle of the night, leaving the evidence of a trail of footprints on the knee high snow.

I think the tools were having a rough party, though I don't understand the need for turning on the light if they're eyeless?

I know you have decided not to read the comments to your story, but I have to say that it makes a nice Halloween tale.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: