You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shower Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Shower Shadow

 

So, I've read stories on this site forever now and finally thought I'd join a few weeks ago. I didn't think I'd be posting so soon. This happened to me just the other day and has thoroughly freaked me out.

I moved into a small 2 bedroom apartment in the heart of downtown Humble, A small suburb outside of Houston, Texas... About six months ago. Now nothing here has really bothered me, although I've noticed things happening, things moving without me or the 2 other people that live here moving them. There are cold spots, and my mother's bedroom I do not feel comfortable in there what so ever and avoid going in there most of the time. I'm not one who is too jumpy or easily scared either. Anyway back to my story.

It was late, I'd been having nightmares and tossing and turning all night. I woke around 4 with a headache and just decided to give up on sleep. I quietly sneaked out of bed and retrieved some clothes in the dark as not to wake my sleeping boyfriend. My mother was still at work at this time, so I was pretty much alone in the apartment. I really felt uneasy and couldn't figure out why. I went to the bathroom and locked the door behind me, something I don't normally do. I started the shower and got in I had just finished washing my hair and wiping water out of my eyes when I noticed a shadow standing in the doorway (My shower/tub is in like a sublet room in the bathroom) way way to tall to be either Nikolas or my mother. I stood there staring at it for a good minute and a half. I swear it was just standing there glaring at me from the other side of the shower curtain.

Now, I remind you I'd be awake for about ten minutes, three of these spent in hot water. So this couldn't have been a dream. I blinked to get water out of my eye and it was gone. Just poof! As if nothing was there at all. I quickly finished my shower and haven't showered with the door shut since.

I'm 23 year's old, and I've had experiences with the paranormal throughout my entire life. I'm used to seeing things in the corner of my eye and things like that. But this shadow completely shook me to my core. I felt unsafe in my home and I am not happy about it what so ever. When I was alone I calmly stated out loud that I don't mind sharing this space with any spirit's that are here as long as they don't try to scare or harm any of us and that anything negative is not welcome here and should leave right now. I then burnt some sage and walked throughout the apartment. But that hasn't seemed to help, I just have this overwhelming sense of doom and sadness since I've done so.

Any advice/suggestions would help me greatly.

I've asked the apartment manager if she knows anything about this place and she told me that it was built in the early 30's or 40's and that it had at one time been and old folk's home... Other than that that is all I'm aware of.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, owlisa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

owlisa (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
Sorry for the late reply's everyone.
My cat Toad died. Um, yeah maybe you guy's are right.

Sorry I'm not up for a response right now. I'll update in a few days.
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
I'm sure you feel very uneasy after that. I would suggest letting him/her know that they are welcome to stay (if you're comfortable with that) so long as they aren't seen or heard. I would have a hard time trying to remove and old person from my home, knowing that it used to be an old folks home. Unless of course, it was necessary for your own protection and piece of mind. They were already "sent to pasture" in life, and now your trying to remove them in death. Often times this can make the problem much worse, so do be careful with how you choose to proceed. Rook has some great ideas. Good Luck.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
owlisa,

How would you feel if someone entered your home... Seemed to ignore you and then did something that seemed designed to 'kick you out'? I know it it was 'me' I'd 'ooze' hatred myself.

I wasn't there, so I'm only offering my opinion and suggestions on how to deal with the situation as you have described it to us. Thank you for sharing and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
Owlisa the ritual Rook provided is a very good one to use. Nobody on her was in your apartment so none of us no for sure how things felt. I would tend to agree with it was one of the former members of the old age home but you need to go with what your heart is telling you. I see no problem getting rid of this spirit (even if it is good) if it helps set your mind at ease.
owlisa (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
[at] Rook

Thank you so much for the cleansing ritual, I'll keep it handy for future use. Although, on your latest comment you said that you could assume that the spirit here is an elderly person who had passed here or around the area some time ago.

I can see how that could be the case. Although, I truly 100% in my heart and soul believe that was no sad old lady or man just trying to make contact. I felt pure hate from this shadow.

My cat has been perfectly fine here up until the shadow showed up in the bathroom. Now she walk's around hissing and randomly jetting from room's.
She's never acted like this before. Even when I've had other paranormal things happen in or around the home's that i've lived in. It's weird...

But thank you so much for the help. It is truly appreciated.
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
Oh Rook!
That makes total sense! I apologize for assuming this would need a cleansing ritual!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
owlisa,

Now that I have read your submission I'm not so sure you need a cleansing... Let me explain.

You mentioned that this building had been an old age home at one point in time. There is a chance that any residents that 'passed away' felt what you have been feeling... As you put it...

"overwhelming sense of doom and sadness..."

If any of the 'old age home' residents passed away in or near your Apartment they may not have crossed over. In my opinion perhaps they felt sad and lonely... No visitors... No family remaining... And felt 'doom' because they were near the end of their lives. Now there is 'new activity' in the 'Home' and the 'former resident' is wondering what is going on... Looking for attention and after you preformed your smudging feels unwanted...

Not a 'bad' spirit... But a lonely spirit who doesn't understand why/what is happening. Rather than a cleansing you may wish instead to explain what has happened of the course of time... That they should move on towards the light, find their 'old friends'...then if the wish to return they are welcome... But set some rules... No 'midnight wake ups'...no 'shower peeping'...what ever makes you comfortable.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
owlisa,

I have not read your submission yet but Faith mentioned a cleansing ritual, I think this is the one they mean. It's one I use for my own Home and Family and other members have found it useful...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Hi Owlisa that is a creepy experience and it has surely shook you up no doubt. May I suggest that you remove all alcohol, pork, photos and posters from your house then open one window in each room and open all doors. Go to youtube and search for 'Surah Baqarah full' and play that so that you are able to hear it comfortably from any room in your apartment. You must play it once everyday gor three days in a row to rid your place of this entity and all negative forces. Peace
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Hi Owlisa that is a creepy experience and it has surely shook you up no doubt. May I suggest that you remove all alcohol, pork, photos and posters from your house then open one window in each room and open all doors. Go to youtube and search for 'Surah Baqarah full' and play that so that you are able to hear it comfortably from any room in your apartment. You mudt play it once everyday gor three days in a row to rid your place of this entity and all negative forces. Peace
owlisa (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
No, I haven't done a cleansing ritual. I don't really know how I would preform one.

Hopefully this nice fellow you speak of will sneak a peak at my story and let me in on the secret.
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
oh creepy! There definitely is some residual spirits there considering it used to be an old folk's home. Did you actually do a cleansing? Because just burning sage is not going to help. I know that there is a user on here that knows a very good cleansing ritual. He has posted the steps on other users posts. Maybe he will comment. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: