You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Stranger N The Shower

Real Ghost Stories

The Stranger N The Shower

 

One time, when I was like, ten, I was trying to go to sleep. I had just come home from an Iron Maiden (A great heavy metal band, you should check it out) concert, so it was like, 12:30 at night. So I'm trying to sleep, and I am counting the time to pass it. So then, it's like, 1:33 before I know it, and I hear this music playing. It was La Grange by ZZ Top, playing on my mp3 player. It was faint, but I look at it and say to myself, "I turned this off yesterday morning!"

but I decide it was nothing. So I try to go back to sleep. But at about 2:15, I hear a drumming noise. Then, I heard this cranking noise coming from my brother's room. (He was 13 at the time.) So then I hear this strange combination of sounds. It sounded like a mix of everything I had just heard, but with a scream, a screeching of metal, a groan, and a growl.

So this scared the absolute crap out of me. So it was like 3:10, and I had to go to the bathroom. I had been holding it since the beginning of the concert, at around 8:00. I don't want to go, because wetting the bed sounds like better option then possibly dying from whatever this noise was. And it was about 4:00 when I go. So our bathroom is kind of spooky, and I open the door.

Then, I was in the bathroom completely. No turning back now. I look in every corner, but there was nothing there. So, the bathroom was kind of weird. It was a two room bathroom. One section with a sink, and the next room with the toilet and shower/bathtub. And I use the bathroom, and I saw a big pair of blood-red eyes and the outline of a dark figure in the one place I didn't check; The shower. And this was especially creepy because the concert I went to, Iron Maiden? Yeah. Because they sing about satan and death and creepy stuff like that. But, naturally, I ran to my parents' room. Then they checked it out, but nothing was there, and said it was total bullcrap. But I know what I saw.

It was really traumatizing because, well, I was only like ten. Anyways, if anyone knows what could have done this, let me know. It could've been my mind playing tricks on me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spoopy_storee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+6
1 year ago (2022-11-12)
Hello spoopy_storee Thanks for sharing your experience.

I too wonder why you didn't go to the bathroom right after the concert when you got home and before bed? Perhaps you could clarify?

The concert sounded pretty stimulating and due to the band and the kind of music they played, it's no wonder you may have been somewhat wound up afterwards. I think it played into some of what happened, making you more suggestible, however I'm not discounting what you saw or the validity of what you experienced, merely that it had a bearing on the overall encounter.

I'm familiar with the band, but don't care for their music, but with what they sang about and seemed to believe in, that kind of energy coupled with thousands of screaming fans raving the same thing at their concerts could be akin to playing with a Ouija board and possibly have opened a door.

Something could have followed you home and due to the after effects of the concert and your fear, manifested itself easily.

That would be my take on your story. Hope it helps! Good Luck!
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+8
1 year ago (2022-11-12)
Idk bro. Are you sure nobody was mowing the grass close to you in the concert? I bet it was 4:20 when you finally went for a pee. 😁 🤪
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+5
1 year ago (2022-11-11)
I'm impressed that you took note of the time to their great details like 1:33, 2:15, 3:10 at ten years old.

I'm also surprised that you went to a concert at that young age. Is it possible that it might be some slight imagination at that age may have played to what you've experienced?

Were there some other details that you might have noticed like foul smells or other weird occurences?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+5
1 year ago (2022-11-08)
I am going to be very skeptical here. There are many details that make me less than confident but the big one is:

"I had to go to the bathroom. I had been holding it since the beginning of the concert, at around 8:00... And it was about 4:00 when I go."

Meaning you held it in for 8 hours. That's an impressive feat.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-11-07)
Hi Spoopy

Well since you mentioned the type of genre that music band sings, I would say that it's probably your mind playing tricks on you, has this happened before or after this specific incident?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-11-07)
Hi Spoopy.

Perhaps you experienced tinnitus as a consequence of exposure to excessive decibels during the concert.
Were you traumatized enough as to stop liking that band's music? If not, have you seen the figure again after listening to their songs?

In my opinion, your experience was probably caused by too much visual and hearing stimulation, not to mention sleep depravation and, perhaps, even autosuggestion about the possible outcome for listening to this kind of music.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: