You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Rocky part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Rocky part 2

 

Previously I gave the background on my Brother-in-Law, Uncle Rocky, and some of the experiences we've had. Now I'd like to share some more. There aren't any scary tales to be told, really, except this one. I was home alone one day, reading and enjoying the quiet in the house. Suddenly there was this tremendous 'crack', it sounded like what I would imagine a gun shot would sound like. It scared me to death, my poor parrot screamed and fell right off his perch. Our city isn't as violent as some but the first thing I thought of was that our house had been shot.

I checked the windows for a hole or crack or anything odd, there was nothing. With heart pounding I went outside to see if the front or side of the house had been hit. I checked everything, deck, front door, siding, everywhere. There was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Nobody in the neighborhood seemed to be alarmed, nobody came running out, craning their necks the way people do. That was a one and only event.

We had things like the stereo volume adjusting itself up and down once in a while (this is a different stereo than the one from my other story). They weren't screams of sounds down to silence but just up and down by bits. Enough to notice.

We have a Red Bone Hound, Otis, who is the calmest, friendliest and laziest dog you could imagine. He's had a couple of experiences too. Once while he was walking into the living room he ran to the bottom of the stairs and, looking up the stairs, just started to bark, the hair on his back was standing up. There was no person up there. He just carried on barking for a couple of minutes while I tried to calm him down. Finally he just stopped and laid down in the living room with the rest of us, like nothing had happened. This exact same thing happened at the back door and at the patio door on 2 separate occasions. Both times he just stopped and carried on as if nothing had happened.

Both of my sons' have said that when they've been downstairs in the spare room, which was their game/play room, the door knob would rattle when they were in there early morning week-ends. They had to keep the door shut so they could sneak in really early and not wake us up.

We have a clock in our dining room that is way up high, about 9 feet up. It has one battery compartment to keep the clock running and a second battery compartment that gave the clock the special effect of having a different bird chirp on the hour. The battery for the chirping had died a long time ago and since it was so high and also very annoying we never bothered putting a new battery in, so it would keep time but not chirp. Months after the 'chirp' battery had died the clock suddenly gave out one chirp at about 3:15pm. That was the only time it ever did that.

I once had a dream, or maybe not a dream exactly, it was very detailed and so realistic. I woke up to find Rocky just walking into my bedroom. He was the Rocky from the funeral, sort of swollen and not quite himself. I knew who he was and felt no fear or anxiety. I knew he was a dead person I was talking to but it seemed the most natural thing to be doing, like there was nothing odd about things at all. I asked him how he was doing and realizing how silly that seemed, I asked how he was feeling about the way things were going. He laughed his usual laugh, kind of like I'm dead what do you think. We both knew what I meant and he said he was okay with things. I asked him if he was doing things around our house so we'd know he was around. He said yes, that he was. He didn't want us to forget about him. I remember asking him if he was going to stay around and continue doing things but I don't remember an answer. It seemed like we just sort of chatted about mundane things but nothing that I can specifically remember. I didn't feel any kind of threat or fear. The next day I remembered a lot about it and I was so tired, as if I'd been up half the night. Rocky was a pretty laid back person and he was really easy to talk to, that was just the feeling I had from things.

In July '04, we had a battery operated clock in the kitchen, different from the bird clock in the dining room, and it had run out of batteries and had not been working for about a week. My husband's Mom, and of course Rocky's Mom as well, dropped over for a visit and just happened to mention that our clock was stopped. We just told her we'd get to it sometime. The next day the clock was running again and at the right time. In my journal, I've written that of August 2nd it was still running perfectly. I didn't record in a date that we did eventually have to change the battery.

Also in July, I was watching TV and noticed that someone had left the upstairs hall light on. This annoyed me because since nobody was up there it was a waste of hydro. I thought when a commercial came on I'd get up and turn it off. A couple of minutes later the light went out. My first thought was the darn bulb had burned out. After about 10 or 15 minutes later the light came back on. There was no one near the fixture or the switch.

In October '04, we had a huge electrical storm and our power was out for a good while. It was night and pretty spooky. The winds were really strong that night. I rushed around lighting candles in the living room so we could have some light. I decided to look out in the back yard to see how our trees were holding up during the high winds. Since it was so dark, I couldn't tell. What I did see was a greenish ribbon, a light with a trailing tail, not like a streak because it was sort of a gentle arcing motion that was moving back and forth and sort of up and down across the back of our back yard. I didn't see how it could be from the neighbor's yard because our fence is 6 feet high and only has small spaces between the boards. I figured if it was from the neighbor's yard, I'd be seeing it as more of a blinking or flashing type of light. It was just a smooth motion and it lasted for maybe 30 seconds, possibly a minute and then it just stopped. I watched for a few more minutes but there was nothing more.

I have recorded in my journal that as of April 28,'05 things had really settled down. I was still seeing motion out of the corner of my eye, sometimes a dark shape in daytime and sometimes a lighter shape in the evenings. Sometimes the impression of a silhouette in the doorway out of the corner of my eye but it's never there when I look directly at it. Sometimes it seems like a shadow passing the doorway. On more than one occasion I've thought I heard my husband come in the back door into the kitchen and gone to greet him only to find that no one is there.

I know this is really long and not very dramatic. No glowing eyes, thrown dishes or scary people following me around. These are just some of the things that have happened and I think it shows that it doesn't have to be horrifying or frightening to have a haunting. This is a lot to take in at once and I hope I haven't bored anyone. I've tried to get across the things that have happened.

I have a lot more to write about Uncle Rocky and someday soon I will, just for the people who may be interested. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and letting me share some of my experiences with you.

Other hauntings by Bellissima

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bellissima, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GibsonFlyingV (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
I agree with you about stories of hauntings don't have to be scary. And no you did not bore, I think that your story is rather interesting. Animals can also see spirits more than humans can and they tend to make noise at is because they think that it is a stranger and try to lure it off. But thank you for sharing your story with us.
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-23)
Rocky seems like a very good guy and his still here with you I wish my grnadfather was with me now but he died 6 years ago on 22 february 😢
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-15)
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll try to get another 'installment' in soon. I'm glad I'm not boring anyone. By the way Shane, Fraggle is just so not my style! 😆
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Bellisima,
I've read your stories and what I like about them the most is that they do sound real and not boring at all. I'm really looking forward to your next story, the fact that you don't include frightening stuff and still show paranormal activities is very interesting 😁

-Hawkgirl
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
As always, great story. I've said it before, but it must be wicked to live in a haunted house. Especially since you know the ghost. You HAVE to post more stories, otherwise that's just plain teasing!
I know I shouldn't have laughed, but when you mentioned the lightning, and how it could have curved and hit you, I did giggle just a little. Not because I think it would be funny if you got hit by lightning, but the thought of anyone standing there with fried hair, looking like a fraggle is kind of funny, you got to admit?!

Shane, Fraggles are great! Don't say you're showing your age though, I'm only 24 and I LOVE and remember the Fraggles quite fondly! 😆
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
True, very true, but I have never heard of anyone being struck by ball lightning. Now you have my curiousity up 😐and I am going to have to do some research and see if it is possible and what effects it would have. What? You don't like the Fraggle Rock look? 😁 Ut oh, showing my age there.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Shane, if it was ball lightning, I should consider myself lucky that it didn't take a curve and fry me! I was standing at the patio doors so mucho glass around me and lots of open space between me and it! I don't look good with a big head of frizzy hair! 😆
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Any time Bell. You write them and I will do my best to provide you with any and all viable solutions. Consider yourself lucky if it was ball lightning as not very many people get to see one. I have only seen one in my life and that was while living in Florida. Also thank you, your kind words also have not gone unnoticed.😁

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Shane, your comments are always so encouraging to me (and kind). I have to say I have heard of ball lightning and it never crossed my mind at all. I really appreciate that you read my stories and make comments. Believe me when I say I have a whole lot more I'd like to share, although I don't like to go too long because I don't want to bore anyone but I also feel that if I carry on and on it starts to seem like I'm really full of it. I've kept a journal from the beginning but I didn't think enough to date the entries. Now I'm starting to get into the ones where I can be more specific with the time frame. I'd like it if you'd let me know if you can think of any other viable explanations for other things. I'm interested. Thanks again for reading. 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Bell as always thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I do have a possible explanation to the light you saw in your back yard. You stated that you noticed this during a storm. It could have possibly been ball lighting you seen. It doesn't have to be a ball shape it can come in a variety of shapes and it does moves in irregular patterns. Please do share the rest of your experiences with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: