You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hideous White Face

Real Ghost Stories

Hideous White Face

 

You might not believe the story but I promise you that it is real. It started when I went to my nan's for a week while my mom and dad went on holiday. I was just getting into bed when I heard a strange tapping sound at my window. I'm 11 and I get scared really easy so I wasn't sure whether I should go to the window or not, but the tapping didn't stop so I got up from the bed and slowly walked to the window. I drew back the curtain and there was a hideous white face staring back at me. I fell backwards and shouted out for my nan. She came in and asked me what was wrong. I told her that there is a face at the window, my nan told me that there was no one there and to go to sleep. So I slept on the floor in my nan and granddad's room because I didn't want to be in the room on my own.

The last night at my nan and granddad's, my nan told me that I should go and sleep in my room because I could damage my back if I kept sleeping on the floor so my nan shut the window and drew the curtains for me. I went to sleep and woke up at about 2 o'clock in the morning. I was sweating so I got up and went to get a drink. I heard some one coming into the kitchen and I said is that you nan, of course, when no one answered me, I got very frightened and went over to switch the light on, a man stood there looking at me and he had the same face as the man who was looking at me through the window! I shouted for my granddad and he came running into the living room, of course, as soon as I had shouted for my granddad, the man had disappeared. I didn't go to sleep for the rest of that night but sat in the living room watching the t.v with all the lights on.

The next morning my mom came to pick me up and my nan told her about my week and my mom took me home and asked me to explain it. I told her and she said that she wouldn't make me sleep at my nan's anymore if I didn't want to.

Who was that man and why was I the only one that he wanted to see him? Please leave a comment and help me to explain this. Thanks lydia07.

Other hauntings by lydia07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lydia07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

givemeaname (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
IF some freaky guy was staring at me through my window I would have been out of that house in 2 seconds screaming my head off, calling my friend and running to her house to spend the night. Since it doesn't seem like it is trying to harm you I guess it is not a demon and just wants you to be aware of its presence. Who knows... It could be a passerby ghost of a ghost of a person that died in your house. Although I'm pretty amazed that even though you saw that face in the window you were brave enough to even stay in that house any longer.
Twilightkiss (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-25)
😨 YIKES!
if I were you I'd try to find out more about the house's history!

GOOD LUCK, and remember spirits can be tricky! 😊

-Twilightkiss ❤
YEN (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
😲 Wow! You must had been really scared! I know that I would if that was to happen to me.
What could that spirit want from you?
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-28)
I believe you. But it couldn't have been a robber. You should ask your nan who owned the house before them and the history of the house. 😊
eroye (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
is that really real? It was scary! 😨 :0 :o) :o) ;o) :o) :o) :o) 😆 😆 :o) :o) :o) :o) ;o)
Chris (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-16)
waht did it look like? Can u draw a picture? Because if it did scare you I might know what it is if you give me a picture
gbeach (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-15)
lydia07,
didn't read your first story but I gather that your first experience was when you were 11 and the second when you were married. The guy in the house was probably a previous tenant and is curious about the people who dwell there now. Tell your nan to burn sage, salt the perimeter and ask the guy to move along. Unless he's cool and can be welcomed.
scaredofsleep (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
I think your story makes sense, the man you saw could have been a family member who passed away or a ghost of a past tendant at your nan's house, who is confused about the people living there. Sometimes these things happen to kids because ghosts aren't used to them living there.
lydia07 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
I have confused a lot of people about my age but I let my daughter who is eleven log onto my account to write this story as I could not put it into words myself but I worked through it with her, as for sleep walking or posession story I wrote that and I am very sorry about confusing people.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
i must admit I am confused also. I read both stories and unless we know who is talking and the reason and ages... How can we give a rational opinion? 😕
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Lydia,
I hadn't read your first story like the others obviously had, but now that I have gone back and saw your other story, I believe that you do need to specify if you are sharing your account with somebody else. Your story's are obviously "off" a bit. You might want to clarify this for the readers.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Dic mihi solum facta, domina - Just the facts, ma'am. Are you eleven or are you a just married young adult? Because now I am confused, but then when I think about it, it makes sense if an 11 year child also wrote the other story as to why a psychologist would come to a paranormal conclusion so quickly. I think we are being had, but I will wait and see what this individual has to say.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-12)
Lydia you write well for being 11 years old. In your last story you said you were just married. Your narration is off, or you are making things up.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-12)
Lydia,
Interesting. My son has also came to me and my husband on two different occasions claiming that he's heard a "tapping" outside of his bedroom window. His room is on the 2nd floor of the house and its pretty high up. Of course me and my husband kind of "laughed it off".After reading your story, that's something I won't do again! I just told him if it ever happens again not to open the curtains. My son is 12. Has anyone else lived in your grandparents house? Has anyone passed away there or has anyone else had any experiences other than you? You should try and find out this info by asking other family members. Find out the history of the house and take it from there. Good Luck sweetie
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
lydia07, it would help if you specified which person is using your account, because on some comments / stories you are an 11 years old girl, and on others you're a mom 😕 So unless you suffer from multiple personalities disorder... Do tell us who is talking.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: