You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandparents

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandparents

 

The year is 1985 and I was about 4. I lived with my mom in St. Paul, Minn in an apartment complex. My mom was in an abusive marriage at the time.

One night I had trouble sleeping and went to ask mom if she could read to me so I could sleep. I walked down the hall toward the living room and saw her husband (not my dad) push her and tell her she was worthless. I went quietly back to my room so he wouldn't hear me, and quietly laid in my bed facing away from the door. Someone I think was my mom and her husband came to check on me later on and left without incident.

The next memory I have is of 2 people that I didn't know in my room a woman was sitting on the foot of my bed, and a man standing in front of her. When I saw them I felt that they cared for me and loved me. I wasn't scared at all. She said to the man. "Why does he treat her that way? She doesn't deserve it." The man tells her "He will get his you will see." They proceed to tell me that they are going to get me and my mom away from him.

I left the next year and my mom around 1990. I didn't know what my grandparents looked like since they died in 1967 in Oklahoma, and never saw a picture until 1986. I remember details like the woman's hair, thick Southern accent and the man carried himself with pride with a Midwest accent. (I found out at about 10 that Grandma was born in Texas and Grandpa in Indiana). I had asked my great grandma who was in the picture, and she said it was my grandparents and they went to Heaven before I was born. I remember thinking: "They can't be in heaven because I saw them."

Some reel to reel recordings they made in the mid 1960's surfaced in 2004, and it was the same exact voices I heard in 1985.

After all of these years I have not been able to explain this. How can someone in his 30's remember something like this when he was 4 in good detail.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sanchezcsn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sanchezcsn (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
Even as I sit in Afghanistan I sometimes can feel them around.
creepy (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
relitives who have passed on sometimes return to protect us if this ever happens again remember you should feel a sence of security and saftey! 😊
sanchezcsn (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
I have always been one to forget a memory unless something triggers it to make me remember. This one is unique because I have never forgotten any of the details of it.
callthewind (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Maybe the memory is still so vivid because you have felt their warmth and presence again and every so often, after this experience happened. Thus making you recall the only visual of them you seem to have had.

I am glad you recognized your grandparents! Surely it made them feel good. 😊
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
It's not strange at all to be able to remember vividly what happened to you at 4 years of age.

If it's of any help, I remember in vivid detail what happened to me when I was 2 years old.

I also remember an incident that happened when I was small enough to be in a baby bed, too. Apparently all grown-ups could hear was "wah".

Should I write them up and submit them?

LW
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
So glad that some loving relatives were watching over you! That's a tough situation to be in, and I'm happy that you got out when you did. It's a shame your mom had to stay awhile longer, but you both got out eventually.
As for the memory from when you were four staying so vivid, well, it was a pretty significant event. I'm in my thirties and still remember stuff from when I was 2. Sometimes memories just stick.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Hmmm...probably your grandparents. But about the last line,"How can someone in his 30's remember something like this when he was 4 in good detail."

I am moving a little away from the discussion on paranormal, but to tell you, I am 27 and not only my family, even my friends sometimes become dumbfounded when I 'remember' and say things to them about what I 'did' when I was less than 2 years old! My parents confirm the incidents as true. They are like "How do you remember so much the every bit of the thing?" Well I just want to mean that may be remembering things that happened when we were toddlers are not something exceptionally surprising or unnatural. May be its just that our memory powers are sharp. I hope I did not disappoint you, its just my opinion.

Stay Blessed!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: