You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Sleep Walking or Possession?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Walking or Possession?

 

You might think this is really weird but I assure you it's true. It all started when I went on holiday to the Bahamas. I went to bed the first night I was there and all I of a sudden I dreamt that I was in the jungle and tigers were chasing me. I would wake up in the back garden of our villa lay under a tree.

Then I had dreams that I was out side cutting the rose bushes when I would be strangled and I would wake up in a sweat with red finger marks on my neck. I sleep with my fiancee but he says he hasn't heard anything and I'm probably sleep walking, I told him that even if I was sleep walking, how did I get the finger marks all over my neck?

Some nights I never sleep in case I move in my sleep or get strangled again. I read a story once that said if you die in your dreams you die in real life, that's why I'm afraid of going to sleep. On the way back to England, I fell asleep on the plane and I woke up leaning on the sink in the plane toilets. I asked my fiancee what had happened and he said I told him that I was going to the toilet.

When I got back to England I got married and when I was at the altar I passed out. When I woke up I was in the toilets of the hall that we had booked for the after party. I came out and my husband said that I had said I do and that we had just arrived at the hall and I told him I was going to the toilet.

2 weeks after our honeymoon when the dreams had carried on, I went to a psychologist and he told me that I was being taken over by a ghost for minutes even hours at a time! The strange dreams keep happening but I just hope that one day they will go away.

Other hauntings by lydia07

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lydia07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

devamcca (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
I realize that I'm a bit late but I'm from the Bahamas, and seein g that that's where you started having thes experiences I taught that if you are still having these experiences I might be able to help. I personally hve been hid before (strangled by a ghostin my sleep) and there are a few things that could help. You could either tie something blac around one of your wrists or, if you and your husband have no objections to it you can sleep with a bible opened on one of your pillows. Personally I use the black thing around my wrist but my mother has had experiences of ghost trying to drag her into her closet at night while she was pregnant with my litle brother and the bible method is the one that she used. I'm not too sure how to deal with posessios, but I hope this helps you out a little.
Ameyzing (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
This happened to me when I was about 7-8 years old. I would always tell my mom that I had to go to the toilet and then she told me that she would check up on me and she would find me just standing there for a while looking at the toilet bowl. The weird thing is that I also had reoccurring dreams. The first one is that I would pick up a candy underneath a yellow flower and then this giant machine who by the way I saw it was grinding up people, literally, would chase me. The last time I had a sleep walking incident was 2 weeks ago. I went to sleep after watching the premiere of Paranormal Witness. The girl without a face stuck to me and my family told me that I was sleep walking again, but this time I was looking for something.
Jaguar (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
I to am surprised that a professional would jump to such conclusions but I would like to add something... Research Archeology/decaying corpses/roses...you will find that forensics/csi look at healthy roses as a possible place of decaying bodies. The nutrients that break down are prime for roses to grow healthy. Please research this first. This is fact but check it out yourself. My mind went off offer the roses and your death, perhaps its not your death but someone elses death you need to learn about to calm yourself and make this problem leave you. Beautiful roses love living off of the decaying bodies below. Or allow me to remove all logic and say, you are the beautiful rose living over those that have passed in your position. Don't take me the wrong way. Research what I have said. Talk to an Archeologist. Learn, sorry I forget the details, I learned this about 8 years ago and it just stuck in my head as odd how beauty grows out of death. Hell, just think positive thoughts and stick with logic is my overall thoughts.
xLadyTastyx (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
Hi,

This is an interesting story but I do somehow agree with both Martins and shanes opinions on it. I agree that it is rather strange that the so called psychologist would suddenly jump to the conclusion that it could be a ghost or demon taking possesion of you or your body somehow. The person you went to see is probably not who they say they are but I do hope that you get the help you need and find out what is really going on, whether paranormal or not. In the meantime take care, and stay blessed x
lydia07 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Thanks for posting your comments they have really helped, I went to see a doctor and he told me that I have lost a lot of blood from my brain probably due to a nasty fall, that's why I have been having blackouts but no one can really understand why I kept moving to different places. I am due to see another phsycologist next week so I will keep you noted of what he says and how my surgery went. Thankyou all for leaving these comments otherwise I would have never though to see a doctor. ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
that psychologist should have HIS head exaimened!
my goodness, at the rate of escallation of these occurances you could get hurt. Not by dying in your dreams but what if you wander into traffic? Or something equally as dangerous.
my son had these sleep walking/talking eposodes and ended up outside in the middle of the night during a lightning storm! I took him to a medical doctor. Our doctor suggested this was happening when he hit REM sleep. He was prescribed a mild relaxant which he took for 6 months, after that he went off the meds and it hasn't happened again.
the precussor for his episodes was that we lost our family dog that had been in the house since he could remeber. Yours could have been the stress of planning a wedding. See another dr. One with their head on straight.
wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
I used to sleep walk all the time when I was younger, I would have hour conversations with people and wake up in the middle of it! Wondering how the hell I got downstairs and what have I been talking about! They went away when I became a teenager.

I would go and seek a second opinion and see other psychologist, I'm studing counselling and psychotherapy and I know that they wouldn't go straight to the paranormal explanation. I hope that helps x
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
One you don't die in real life when you die in a dream that is a way old wives tell. Two, if I were you I would seek another psychologist, because the one you seen was a quack. I can't believe a psychologist would jump to that conclusion at all. I would also suggest you contact a Doctor as I believe this is a serious medical problem and not paranormal. Lose of time and black outs are usually associated with seizures and other brain related illnesses. I don't mean to frighten you, but I would rather you have it checked out than to have someone here tell you its a demon and you are possessed. I hope all turns out well for you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-12)
Lydia07,
I don't know if it is demons or ghost or sleepwalking. But I have many friends who sleptwalked outside, to the bathroom, and even to the store once. Sometimes during times of stress they would get up and go to the bathroom or walk outside. If it is demonic or ghostly, don't be afraid, look for help or pray and read the Bible... I hope that this helps. :D

Ceary
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
Oh and I doubt very much that one dies for real when they do in their sleep, it's probably just an old wives tale, or something out of the Matrix 😉 Every time I was about to die in mine, or when I did, I just woke up, whether to another dream or for real. I know that some people can affect their body when under hypnosis (leaving small scratches or burns), but that's the extend of it.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
I'm surprised that psychologist went right to the paranormal explanation, usually they will go through all the possible normal mental pathologies before jumping to more supernatural conclusions. But this is an interesting case since you lost consciousness and control of your body even when awake. I'm baffled.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: