You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Revenge Of The Banyan Tree

Real Ghost Stories

Revenge Of The Banyan Tree

 

This happen when I was 16 and I still feel scared when remembering this event. My parents are a very active CCR (Catholic Charismatic Renewal) member. During this time my father was the CCR group leader and my mother is one of the core group members. They are very active and sometimes with the permission of the priest they will attend a request from our community members for pray over (sometime involving an exorcism) or counselling.

I and my siblings love to hear our parents experience especially if an exorcism is involved. One day they received a request to perform a pray over at one of family in my village. The lady (who request for the pray over) claims that the banyan tree located next to her kitchen is haunted. Every night usually at around 1.00am or 3.00am she will be awake as if someone is waking her up and during this time she will hear voices in the banyan tree as if in a market place. Sometimes she felt as if someone was beside her and the felling is always threatened. Every time she will wake her husband and ask whether he heard of felt something and the answer is always no.

One day the lady tried to stop this haunting by sprinkling holy water around the banyan tree and all around her house and said a prayer for protection. This backfired when that night she awakens but this time by a nightmare. In her nightmare she was confronted by three men. According to the lady the three men was angry at her for sprinkling holy water at their home. The lady told the three men to leave her alone and ask the three men to stay away from her and her husband. Hearing this, the three men were furious and attacked her. One of the men grabbed her by the throat and starts to chock her, this is when she screams and awakes from her nightmare. When she awake she can feel the sour on her throat and when she went to check in the mirror she saw a red mark around her throat. This makes her scared for her life and the safety of her husband (the lady and her husband leave by them self) and that's why she call my father to request for pray over.

After obtaining our diocese priest's approval, my father and the CCR members went to the lady's house to perform pray over and cleansing of her house and the banyan tree as the lady request. The pray over was done and fortunately nothing eventful happen during the pray over. My parents arrived home at around 5.00 pm that day and as usual I and my siblings will ask my parents to tell us their experience. When my parents said nothing happen we were a bit disappointed.

Everything was normal for the rest of the day and as usual after 10. 00pm everyone was asleep. I went to sleep around 11. 30pm after finishing my schoolwork. This is when it all starts. I dreamed I was approached by three men. They were asking me to follow them but I refused. They we very persistent to bring me with them but I refused until they are furious. One of the men said he will kill my younger brother if I don't follow them. But I scream to them to go away and that they are devil than I start to pray Our Father. I was crying and shaking. I was so scared but keep on praying and calling Jesus for protection. By this point the three men tried to grab me but were blocked by an unseen force. I can feel the anger and hate from the three men it was so tense. This is when I wake up shaking and tears in my eyes. I looked around and found out my younger sister and brother (I share my room with my younger sister and brother) is still sleeping.

I can feel the air was heavy and all my hair was standing. I know something is not right. At this point all I can think is to go to my parent's room which is next to the stairs at the end of the corridor. I stand up quietly and open the door. I can feel the air is heavier and tense outside.

I walk out from my room and that's when I saw three black figures in front of my brother's room as if trying to open the door. I was so terrified and run to my parents' room screaming. My parents ask me what happen and before I manage to tell them my younger sister and younger brother came in to the room crying telling my parents about three men going to take my little brother.

Sensing something not right my father takes the holy water and blessed salt and went to our room. At this moment I began to tell my mother about my dream and the three black figures in front of my brother's door. I and my siblings were crying and refuse to go back in to our room and ended sleeping in our parents' room.

The next day, my father told us he went to sleep after doing a protection prayer to our rooms and house. He dreamed of three men. In this dream the three men was angry with my father. My father ask who they are and one of the men introduce himself as the king of the colony of 'rogon' (evil spirit) which been living in the banyan tree. In my father's dream the 'rogon' king was angry for disturbing his kingdom and the holy water has caused their belongings wet and ruined and because of this they can't sell anything in their market. My father was brought in to the banyan tree and indeed all their belongings are wet and ruined. My father wakes up after that.

Everything was back to normal after that eventful event; however I and my siblings still feel scared if the three men will come back and from that day on we never miss to pray before going to sleep.

Few week after the incident the lady which requested for the pray over came to visit and she informed that the banyan tree is dead and she didn't experience any haunting after the pray over. I and my siblings are so relieved after hearing the lady information and can finally sleep without fear. Even so this memory always makes my hair stands.

Thank you for reading my story. Sorry for the long narration and I'm not a very good writer.

Other hauntings by jane_lee

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jane_lee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-14)
Good morning Sheetal... Thank you for reading... 😁...God bless you too...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
This was an interesting and clean story to read... I am glad you all are safe.

God Bless you!
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Hi Gayatrishiva... Thank you... I'm too glad everything is well 😁
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Hello Biblio... Thank you for your compliments, actually my family used English in our daily conversation (except my grandfather, who used our native language 'Kadazan' which is sadly fading away)...the motorcycle event really is weird (me and my siblings experienced a lot of weird things when we were small) but this particular event really scared us to tears... But I guessed it brings positive effect too by making us stronger in our faith... Indeed Borneo is very beautiful but sadly all the developments has damaged most of the landscape. But still have lots of places you can visit... I love jungle tracking but sadly my mom apposed very badly since I'm allergic to insect bites.

Thank you Miracles... A little help is still a help and I really appreciate it:)

Hi Vikram thank you... It is indeed a very scary experience for me and my siblings... I still felt scared remembering this event. You are right, my father is our wall:). He is a very strong believer.
Vikram (14 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Jane_Lee: Read through your story and it must have been really scary to experience that event. Your father is a strong believer. God Helps. English, I think is secondary in this instance.
Did we understand? Yes very clearly. Your motive is fulfilled and so did mine. I think you are an excellent communicator.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-12)
jane_lee - I didn't help much at all 😊 If there had been too many corrections to make, I'd have returned it 😉
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-12)
Hi Jane your write up and story are great... I was on the edge reading your story. Glad all is well now. Nice writeup dear
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-12)
Greetings, Jane.

I am an English teacher; I found both of your stories interesting to read, clearly described, and well organized. English is not your first language, but that has not prevented your telling good stories about events in your past; everything you have presented is understandable. The events of your uncle's motorcycle being hijacked by a spirit was strange (on YGS, a lot of the stories are strange!), but this story was tense and exciting. I was seriously worried about your brother's safety!

As you are a religious person living in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, I recommend that you continue to pray for protection for yourself and your family on a daily basis, and that you pray to thank God for the beauty of Borneo.

Best wishes,
Biblio.
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Thank you Macknorton 😁... But I'm really not a very good in writing... I got help from auto correct and helping hand from the moderator 😆...
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Jane Lee - oh stop it! It wasn't too long and you write extremely well! I thought the detail was good, it was well-paced and you had good use of paragraphs!

And thanks for sharing your experience! I enjoyed it.

Regards

Mack
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Hi Jamboking1991 and chapulin1234... Thank you for reading my story
Jamboking1991 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Very interesting. This was a great read thanks for sharing

James
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Very interesting, thank you for sharing your story!:)
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: