You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The House On The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

The House On The Corner

 

My sister and I went to walk our little dog around the block. There are 6 houses on our side of the street, ours being the second one from the corner of Maclay and Gladstone. We exited our home and as we walked up the driveway (there is an incline out our front door to the sidewalk), I turned to my right and saw clear across the front yards of the 3 closest neighbors, clear to the last house on the corner.

I could see that somebody was watering the front yard of the house on the corner of Gladstone and Macneil. I could see that it was a woman watering her yard, she was wearing what appeared to be a robe. It was an older woman. She had completely gray hair, a little on the poofy side, you know, I could kind of see "through" it. Anyway, I could see her holding the water hose and I could see the stream of water coming from it, out to the sidewalk.

I told my sister, "The sidewalk is going to be wet." My sister later told me she thought, "Wet?"

There are approximately 60 - 70 steps to the corner house, not much, and as we approached that very area, nothing! No wet sidewalk, no water hose, nobody watering the lawn. I was dumbfounded.

I told my sister, "Hey! I just saw somebody watering this front lawn! That's why I told you the sidewalk would be wet!" My sister didn't see anything and most certainly didn't believe me. She had just wondered why I had said that the sidewalk would be wet. I never saw it again.

I've seen the woman who lived in that house (still does, to the best of my knowledge). I've seen her several times, in fact, wearing a house coat or robe. I know I had seen what I had seen, and yet...? What was that about?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rosama45, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SalixArbuscula (7 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-03)
Rosama45,

Thanks for sharing! I love these little 'weird in the everyday' stories. It doesn't have to be the witching hour to be genuinely creepy!

Interesting how you saw something that your sister did not. Are you the observant one of the pair? I know if your sister is anything like mine (frequently oblivious), I would have assumed that she just missed the woman entirely, that the lady was a much more precise irrigator than I had first suspected and just popped inside at some point during our approach. Is it possible that the house being on a corner lent itself to a tricky perspective?

Another question: What did the dog think? Did he/she react at any point as if there were someone (or something) there? I know of few dogs that will pass a neighbor/squirrel/leaf without ensuring they have been thoroughly stared at, at least.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-07-28)
I don't understand these kinds of "happenings?!" 😳 A friend of mine died a few years ago. I went to the cemetery with my boyfriend to visit her grave, it was under a huge oak tree. Months later we went back and her grave had been moved a few yards away? I told my boyfriend how odd I thought that was, and had never known of a persons grave site being moved before? He didn't know what I was talking about, he said it had always been there?!
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-22)
Hi Rosama45

That's a very peculiar and interesting incident you experienced, I have to agree with the others and say that perhaps what you experienced was astral projection.
gingerbug (guest)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-22)
Dear Rosama45,

I agree with lady-glow that it could be an astral projection or perhaps some other type of apparition which perhaps resembled your neighbour (the way many people who fit into the same age/social group might resemble each other because they are prone to wearing the same type of clothes etc.).

I want to, however, offer another theory.

In my experience, I have come to believe that we possess more than one body.

This is backed up, I think, by some religious beliefs and practices which even offer the count to our bodies.

So at some point I started wondering if some of our bodies could die before the others.

That would mean that your neighbour can be quite alive but dead also.

She would be alive physically but some part of her would have deceased.

So she would be resting at home while the part of her which has passed on (maybe still attached to the physical body) keeps with its routines - because it does not realize it is dead or simply passes its time until the rest of the individual joins it someday (hopefully, in many many many years).

Maybe there is even some system where that body can re-enter the living state (that this type of death is not necessarily final or permanent).

I was led to these thoughts because I have met some people who change profoundly over time and it appears as if a part to their identity is lost.

They have suffered no neural damage or trauma but they function quite differently as if some part of the information they once had - has been lost.

As if they cannot remember it because it belongs with some other type of processing. And then they are suddenly recovered.

But that's a theory.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2021-06-21)
Welcome to YGS.

Hi Rosama45.

This is a very interesting experience. In my opinion, what you saw could have been the astral projection of your neighbor; her ethereal form doing something that she wasn't able to do in her physical body at that moment.
Who knows, perhaps she was taking a nap and dreaming that she was watering her yard.

Did the vision resemble the neighbor lady?

Thanks for sharing this intriguing and fascinating experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: