You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The People Who Lived In The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

The People Who Lived In The Corner

 

When I was a kid I grew up in one, completely average house, there was no history of tragedy, in fact, we were it's second owners and the previous family had no negative experiences.

I remember that growing up that I didn't like being left alone in the sitting room. I didn't object much because my parents were only a metre away but the corner on the far right, right at the bottom, had something off about it.

I would regularly find myself being pulled into a kind of trance where the room would grow dark and then the corner seemed to be blinding me with strobe lighting. I could see them when I was like that, the little people in there. They had long sharp fingers, sharper than anything I could imagine, still visible but so thin you'd question where they ended, and the boxes. Millions of tiny white boxes. Perfect cubes, spilling out of the corner around them.

They had a certain smell too, metallic and sharp, everything about them was sharp. The air would taste like metal too. Maybe that's what the boxes were.

They didn't always notice me, but they didn't like children, I knew that. Sometimes I would feel them scratching my arms, but there was never any trace of them after I snapped out of it, with the exception of the sharp smell, fading away but still. My parents couldn't see or smell anything. To them it was just a corner.

Sometimes I wonder if it was even real, but it happened too regularly to ignore. By the time I was 6 I couldn't see or feel them anymore. I think I'm too old to see them now.

I've had no physical damage but I'm well aware of how uncomfortable it can be to experience something such as this and be uncertain as to how to proceed. While I can't say I have the answer to this question, I would be happy to discuss the encounters and I would greatly appreciate knowing whether or not these experiences were common to anyone else's lives.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thelittleboxes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-07-22)
I'm leaning towards elemental here. Usually such entities are fairly ambivalent towards humans, though. Perhaps their apparent aggression was reactionary. Maybe they were still upset over the construction of the home? Was there any construction/development going on nearby?

There's a series of books cowritten by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter called the "Long Earth" about the effect on society in the face of a discovery that enables anyone to travel between practically infinite dimensions. Along the way, it is discovered that there have been beings with this capability all along explaining sitings of many entities considered cryptids or simply mythological until then. They actually come upon at least one entity that seems very much like what you have described. Granted, this is fiction, but Pratchett always drew very heavily from folk lore. It may be an interesting read for you:-)
Thelittleboxes (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-24)
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, I do believe that my age had something to do with my inability to see them after a certain point. I thought you may be interested to know that after I posted this, about a week later I was brushing my hair when I was hit by the same sharp smell and taste. I couldn't see anything but it felt like something was watching me. Maybe it was just my imagination after thinking about them after all these years or maybe I'm only now realising that they may be everywhere. I've heard of similar stories like the duwende, but these seem to be more malicious. Of course there's every chance that I could have upset them when I was so young and just don't recall the event.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-16)
Hi Littleboxes,

So if I understand correctly, the lighting in the entire room would change but apart from that and the presence of the boxes, it was essentially the same room, correct?

I don't know what the creatures were but you may have seen something. As we age, the way our minds processes information changes so this could account for why you did not continue to see them as you aged. To be honest, it didn't seem to be a friendly interaction anyway and leaving it in your rearview was for the best.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-15)
TLB, I find your experience to be really interesting, and given the age you said you were able to see these curious creatures at, and the age you say you were no longer able to see them at, makes me wonder if there's a reason why that is. Like with the paranormal world, it's said that children of a young age are more acceptable to see spirits that older people are unable to, unless they have the gift to. I've read other accounts that have talked about the in betweeners, that is said to be seen in doorways etc. It's supposedly like a portal to their world I think. Not implying that that's what you saw, but just that with that said, I believe there's a lot more to our world, than what we can see. I believe there's other worlds that are around us, but we're blinded to see it. So maybe what you saw is what people grow to be blinded to as they get older, from what we're told is real, and what's not. Perhaps at that time, those little people you saw allowed you to see them for the time being, until you reached a certain age. These are just some ideas I have, so don't take this as me claiming to be certain of it. But like I said, I really do believe there's more to our world then we can see and know, so I don't dismiss the oddities that happens as not being real, or just an active imagination. You never know what's right in front us, that we're just too blind to see. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I hope to hear back from you soon 😊
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-13)
Hi thelittleboxes, I had the experience of regularly seeing someone in the corner when I was little (3 years and younger). I don't recall what they were, only the stories my mom tells about me pointing to the corner, crying hysterically, and saying she was going to hurt 'him' when she vacuumed there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: