You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Evil In The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

Evil In The Corner

 

My childhood best friend had a great deal of paranormal activity around him--and when I say that, he was (perhaps both unintentionally AND purposely, at times) inviting extremely dark, extremely negative energies into his personal space, and I've chosen to not relay the majority of the stories that happened essentially solely to him, for a few different reasons (including the fact that I wasn't there, can't remember all of the things that happened in the order that they did, etc). But I will tell this one!

This took place a few years ago. It was late at night, and he and I were walking around his yard. He lived on the outskirts of a forest, where sometimes you could see, hear, or sense "things." On this particular night of wandering the yard, we heard such a strange sound. It was almost like a gathering of some sort, with someone talking into a microphone, but everything said was so garbled. It was loud, yet you couldn't make out a word. At first we assumed it was coming from further down town and decided to walk in that direction, but after a few minutes the location of the source of the noise would change. In other words, if it had been behind us before, it was now in front of us; if it had been northwest, and we turned to face the northwest, it would suddenly switch to the south. If we turned to face the south, it would be in the east. (LET ME BE CLEAR: when I am saying this it was NOT that the noise was coming from all around us and "mostly" in one direction--it was more like it was coming from ONLY that direction, but would change location completely as soon as we tried to go to where it was.)

It happened a few different times before he and I decided to go back in. Once we were inside we could no longer hear the noise--even though the walls were thin, and if we had been outside, standing right next to the trailer, we would have been hearing it. His brother and sister-in-law, who he lived with, hadn't heard anything when we asked them.

Nothing else happened the weekend I was there that I can remember, but something DID happen when I arrived back home Sunday evening.

I remember sitting at my computer, reading about a non-related topic, when I felt this awful, black energy the opposite side of my room. I can't explain it other than to say that my room suddenly had a HORRIBLE energy, but it wasn't the room itself, nor was I "just creeped out"--it was specifically emanating from that corner. I was too scared to even move from the computer and would try to glance over with my peripherals, but saw nothing - Just FELT it. I lasted perhaps thirty minutes with that terror, but by then I was exhausted, frustrated, so I stood up, straightened my back, and said, "You need to leave immediately. Leave my room, leave my home. Don't linger in this area. Never return."

At that age I was pretty shy with everyone, but I said it so firmly that I could barely even believe I was the one who said it. And as soon as I had, I FELT it leave... Almost slowly, but not quite. After a minute or so, the room felt completely normal. I never felt anything quite like that again.

As I said before, that friend had been dealing with a lot of negative energies, and is quite possibly still dealing with them. I fully believe that that thing that was in my room that night followed me home--that it was perhaps the same thing that had been tormenting him, or was perhaps another entity that wanted to see if I would "go along" with it.

I've dealt with other paranormal events, but this is honestly probably one of the scariest for me, if not the scariest, solely because of how EVIL that thing felt. And I am honestly so happy to be a part of a website that allows people to convey their experiences in this way.

Other hauntings by DeliverDawn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeliverDawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
(In order to avoid triple posting, I'm going to respond to all of you lovely people in one post 😜 As for my childhood friend goes, it was less to do with a Ouija board and more to do with acting as if though something he actively KNEW was something that was very evil was like a guardian spirit and, in the end, was asking that spirit to do some really awful things on his behalf. Once I found out I knew that I couldn't be around him anymore, but I hope that one day he'll find a better path. Thank you all for sharing!)

[at] Kindly_refrain: That's very, very interesting! Over the years I've been looking for some story that at least sort of matched with mine, to see if I could get any potential insight on it, but this is the first time I've heard one like yours. I'm definitely going to look over your account. And for the record, if I remember correctly our night ended with BBQ!

[at] Biblio: That's really interesting! I've never researched much into woodland creatures, but perhaps I should now, so thank you for sharing that. ^_^ Also, I know I've already given a few more details into what happened with our relationship, but essentially, as we were growing up we were becoming two different people that were very incompatible with one another. I'd explain more, but in order for someone to fully understand everything that was happening it would take up at least three pages haha

[at] Cuddlebear: You went there! XD Happy Halloween!

Also, thank you tons for sharing this! It's actually really valuable information. This story--with the voices--is the only one in a long string of related incidents that I've never been completely sure was paranormal. And even now, with your explanation, I'm not sure... Simply due to how, as I said, it's one in a long string of related incidents. XD I'm rambling anyway, so again, thank you for sharing!

[at] CuriousDee: Thank you a lot for sharing those stories! They do seem to be familiar to mine. Since it's been a few years since I've even talked to him, and longer than that since we've talked about Ouija boards, I can't remember exactly... But I WANT to say that he told me once that when he he was around eight years old he and his cousins did "play" with a board, but nothing happened. Still, that was around seven or eight years before this started, so I personally don't believe they're related. IF they are related, I am able to say that things didn't get so bad with him because of the board, but because on some level he enjoyed the "company" of the spirit/s that were around him.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-29)
Hi there Deliverdawn,

I found your account very interesting and well narrated. I'm assuming you are no longer friends with this individual (based on your wording)?

When you described the strange sound you heard, it reminded me of a few accounts I've read on this site. This one recounts an experience with puppet like figures that have a very strange 'voice':
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=16991

This account mentions hearing odd, strange voices too:
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24607

Another account of strange voices:
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22084

I know I've read accounts here describing strange sounds/voices that seem to change direction, but I'm unable to find them right now. Maybe you'll find a similarity in one of these stories and what you heard?

I'm curious if your friend experimented with a Ouija Board (or something similar) that may have explained the attraction of negative energies? You mentioned something about inviting dark energies, so I'm wondering what he was 'in to'?

Regardless, kudos to you for standing up for yourself and demanding that the negative energy hit the road. 😊

Thanks for sharing
Dee
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-10-29)
DD Salutations and welcome!

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make"
From Dracula 1931. Sorry it's nearly Halloween and I just had to go there.

The occurrence in your room was quite creepy in deed, and I don't know what to make of it.

The sound in the wood may be explainable, again I wasn't there so I can't say for certain. The human ear is not really good at pinpointing directions. It's much better at putting things in a quadrant than in a specific direction. Notice how the ears of a cat or some dogs are cone shaped and can be oriented to direction. That said if you were close to the source of the sounds, whatever that source maybe, natural or other, your sound aspect to could change very rapidly.

I applaud you for standing up and order the entity out. It had to take some courage.

Be well
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-10-28)
Greetings, DeliverDawn, and welcome to YGS.

Your experience with the moving sound source, at the "outskirts of a forest" reminded me of folklore of fae and woodland spirits that deliberately lure their 'victims' away from other people; in some tales this is a prank, in others it has more serious consequences.

Well done, standing up for yourself to remove the attachment that followed you home! You certainly needed to clear that entity from your room. [I'll admit that I'd feared that your friend had attempted a sort of astral projection, but had gone about it in an unconventional, thereby upsetting, way.]

How often do you see your friend? Has the relationship diminished over time, or are you further away and communicate only via e-mail, etc.? Just the phrasing in your description made me think that the closeness of that time in your life is not a factor in your present existence. [If I'm correct, what was it that led to this separation?]

Best,
Biblio.
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-27)
Hi DeliverDawn, your story certainly had an unsettling aspect. I am glad you were successful in ridding yourself of the thing.

You are not completely alone in this as I had similar experiences with voices.

As in your case I was with a friend (both times for me) and both times the voices seemed to come from a specific location. When we neared the area that the voices were coming from they would abruptly be coming from a different specific location but could never be completely caught up with. I also could not understand them although the volume was a little above a normal conversational level.

Our experiences diverge from that point on as I had no follow up experience at home (my experiences ended in eating pizza). Also my friends, or I, had not played with any unsavory energies beforehand.

If you are interested in reading my account, find it here: https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24152

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: