You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Passengers

Real Ghost Stories

Passengers

 

This story was not personally experienced by me but my husband. He used to work until late at night and had to travel for about two hours back home. Normally, he'll arrive by midnight.

One night, when he came home, he told me what happen during his travel. We didn't own a car so he had to use a public transportation (jeepney). When their ride is about 4 kilometers away from destination, the vehicle suddenly stopped on a very dark part of the road which made all the passengers confused. After couple of minutes of no attempts from the driver to go on, one passenger finally asked what's wrong. Here's the conversation that took place:

Driver, "May pumara, sasakay." (Somebody hailed to take a ride.) All those inside the jeepney looked out.

Passenger, "Wala naman eh!" (There is no one out there.)

Driver, (looking at the rear view mirror) "Ayan malapit na 'yun babae may kasamang bata." (There, I'm seeing the woman almost here with a kid.)

Passenger, "Wala nga." (There's no one.)

The driver turned his head to look directly at the jeepney's opening where the would-be-passengers are about to enter. To his surprise he saw no one. He started the vehicle right away and drove as fast as he could without looking back!

As my husband was narrating, he told me that he can still feel chills run down his spine for what he witnessed.

From what I know, the side of that part of the road has no lamp posts and an open area full of grass and trees. People say that it used to be a salvage area during the Martial Law. Either people were killed in that place or dead bodies has been thrown there.

Other hauntings by daunsntein

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, daunsntein, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
this is really a good one. My mother's cousin who happens to be a taxi driver had a ghostly experience as well. A white lady appeared in the middle of the road while he was driving but he didn't stopped and he bumped into it then it disappeared. If he happened to turn around, he would end up crashing the big acasia tree along the street! Just saying though...😊

Thanks,
Kristina
daunsntein (4 stories) (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Miracles51031: You are correct, the driver thought they (the woman & the child) were real people. I can just imagine his shock when he found out that they are not 😲
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
daunstein - I have read so many stories similar to this one your husband experienced. I'm so glad I've never experienced anything like that. I've seen a ghost in front of my car, but never one who wanted a ride. I can honestly say I wouldn't stop and see whether they were a good ghost or a bad one.

I realize the driver of the jeepney thought the woman and child were alive, but still 😨 Anyway, great story and thanks for sharing it with us.
daunsntein (4 stories) (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
SDS: That particular area is actually quite famous in our place for white lady sightings. That's why people came into conclusion that it is because of the reputation of the place. I haven't experience anything paranormal when I passed though, but I have always felt creepy to pass by there at night.

Casper_the_ghost: I was so scared too when this story was relayed to me. I am very familiar with the place and I know that there's is no way for anyone to get away that fast without anyone seeing where they went. The timeframe between when the driver saw them nearing the opening of the vehicle and him turning to have a better look wasn't enough for them to disappear if they were normal human being.

😲 😲 😲
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
I was reading this last night in bed. This freaked the hell outta me, 'Driver, (looking at the rear view mirror) "Ayan malapit na 'yun babae may kasamang bata." (There, I'm seeing the woman almost here with a kid.) '

Aghhh the ghostly woman and her kid nearing the car, arms outstretched, ready to throttle anyone who comes in their reach! 😨.

Do you think they were actually hailing for the ride or waving? We often mistook someone to be hitching many times! Embarrassing! Maybe they had just gone from view of the car?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Hello daunsntein, the experience of your husband the driver I could understand. But, if possible, try to find out more about place, the area where the incident happened. You said it was used as a salvage area during martial law. Then try to find out if any other persons had the same experience. That could throw more light on the encounter.

Please keep us posted, if you find out anything out of your research.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: