You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Shed

Real Ghost Stories

The Shed

 

Two years ago I moved into a rented house. It has a big forest as most of its backyard. It also has a pretty big sized shed. When I first moved in I just always felt like I was being watched. There was this little knob that must have been in the shed when we moved in because we have no idea where it came from (I don't know if that is somehow related). Also the blinds on the shed would always be open just a little no matter how many times we fixed them. When I told my friend she suggested we camp out in the shed to see if anything was actually haunting it.

We got together me and 3 other friends to stay the night there and try to get proof. We had a table, chairs and air mattresses set up in the shed. We had cameras, video cameras, EVP recorders, and a Ouija board (I know not the best idea). We also had my sisters inside the house with a walkie-talkie that could reach us. The whole time we were in the shed we all had a very strange feeling like we weren't the only ones there. Nothing happened for awhile, until it grew dark, that's when all of it happened. First we tried to just talk out loud and see if we got any responses, nothing was really responding.

Throughout the night we took flash pictures. We decided to try and use the Ouija board-it was glow in the dark so we turned off all the lights and recorded the session: nothing really picked up besides it answering to the question "is there a spirit with us" with "yes" and it moving the oracle to "goodbye". (We got this all on video). We then decided to try and use the EVP reader. My friend had brought one the flashed a light when a voice was being heard. The ghost communicated a lot using this type of communication. From this we were told that it was a boy about our age and he died at this spot before the shed was built. While we were doing this recording I was taking flash pictures. One I took of my friend, you can clearly make out a figure crouching over her.

After we did the session with the EVP reader we decided to record us summarizing what had happened. During that video one of my friends said she saw a shadows walk past the window outside the shed. We all kind of brushed it off not wanting to believe it, a few seconds later my sisters called us over the walkie-talkie asking if we were the ones walking around outside. When we looked back at the video (after that night) we heard footsteps coming closer and closer to us. In the video the lights sort of flicker as if someone walked in front of the light right next to us. We got really freaked out after my sister told us that and we went into the house for a little bit. After a little break we went back out.

When we went in there my friend felt someone playing with her hair, we all weren't any where near her. We all felt an eerie presence. So we went inside, in my room we felt an evil presence and when we played the Ouija board again and again we picked up something but not a lot- it told us that it would kill us. We went to bed for the night.

When we woke up we all decided to go to the beach for the day to get everything off our mind. With everything locked up we left. When we came back we checked on the shed. The chairs were flipped over, the table was moved to the corner of the room, the knob that I mentioned before was taken out of the drawer and put on the center of the table. The drapes were cut, blinds open and paper shredded. We left a piece of paper in there just in case something would be written on it. It was torn to pieces and crumpled up and thrown in the corner. When my friend went to retrieve she was scratched bad up her leg. The Ouija board was opened up and in the center of the room. It had dirt all over it like it was dragged across the ground. There were handprints all over the air mattress made from dirt. We have pictures of it all.

Nothing really happened for a while after that. Until now, things are starting again- doors opening, electronics being messed with, strange noises. Just the other day me and one of my friends (who was there the night of the shed) were playing the Xbox Kinect and we had it on the body tracking tool you can use to recalibrate your sensor, we were not standing in front of it yet there was a body figure sitting on the couch tapping its feet and moving its arms... We have pictures and videos of this.

One last thing. We also have been hearing this strange thing that we think is somehow connected to this. Everyday me and my friend hear a growl followed by a knock, we will hear them at different times but around the same time. A LOT! More stuff has happened but the important stuff has been mentioned so yeah! We were just wondering what kind of ghost we are dealing with, how to get rid of it, if it can harm us, etc. If you have any info/help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rust1869, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Awsome story. You know, you can just tell them to leave. Anyway, this is what I believe for what it's worth. One; Nobody Dies, we change, but we don't die. Two; Everybody ought to get civil treatment, even if they are acting like jerks, you know, explain this to them civily. Three;There really is a higher power, and all our relatives who've gone before have our back. And four; We Are Equall, so they aren't any tougher than we are. So with that in mind, just tell this individual to change his attitude or leave. It's worked for me twice when we got assaulted by some ugly ones.
SebastianRaynes73 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Rookdygin,
Thankyou for posting your very brilliant cleansing spell. I have been using one that clearly wasn't very good. And not as well put together as yours is. I'm going to write it down and use it, as I need it in my friends work place, she is having some real problems we have been trying to fix. You'd think a new office would be fine. But this place is crazy. Thanks for your help from me too.

Sebastian.
SebastianRaynes73 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Hey there, sounds like your friends and you had one hell of a lively night. Is there any chance you could get the video's etc of proof that you have and put it up for the people here who like myself would I'm sure all really like to see what you got. As it sounds like you got some really good proof of something haunting your shed.

Little warning though and I'm sure others on here will say it to. Please be careful with working with your oija board. Its not a game. Its very serious. And if your not very careful you and your family and friends could get hurt. And we don't want that.

Good story.
Sebastian.
JennZ (72 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
I agree with Lady-Glow, I would Love to see what evidence you and your friends have.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
How long after moving into the home did you and your friends try this in the shed? I ask because of all the 'physical' evidence left behind makes me think you may have had a 'squatter' living in the shed and they were not happy about having to give up the space because of 'homeowners'. This is of course just my opinion, based on what you have shared. Ghost/Spirits do not tend to leave 'dirty hand prints'. When they move things there tends to be no 'physical evidence' just moved or missing objects.

The pictures and videos would be very helpful in trying to determine what you may have, and are continuing to experience.

Yes, there MAY be a spirit on the property, you and your friends seem concerned that there is so please feel free to use this...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
I would stay away from the ouija board. Trust me, I have an aunt who has a message pending from a ouija session from over 30 yeqars ago, and there is nothing good about it. Its never a good idea to mess with anything that could open portals for physical manifestation. Evil finds a foothold then.

I'm leaning toward thinking that the boy and the evil presence are not the same entity. Most likely, the sessions with the ouija brought the evil thing to you. Of course, this is an uneducated guess on my part. I live in a house with 3 entities residing in it, and none of them are on the evil side. Although we had a spell where a malevolent spirit was in my house, and I used Psalm 91 as protection. It worked for me.
dennismc (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
also, I wouldn't use the Ouija board again. It invites "anything" to come into your life and whatever uses it on the other end, doesn't always tell the truth.
dennismc (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
you can use my advice or not, you may not welcome it, but it will help. Find someone you know is a strong Christian, get them to bless you, your friends, family, and your house. The presence will not like it and will leave immediately and for Good depending on the blessing. This thing is a demon and Will hurt you and your friends as you already have witnessed. I have had friends with the same problems, heard other ghost or whatever stories, the Christian method is the best and only sustainable defense.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
It would be great if you could post the pictures and videos you got that night! 😊

I do not understand why the spirit of a boy would go from just an 'eerie' to an evil presence that left the shed and follow you to your room and threaten to kill you and your friends, and then made such a mess in the shed.

I do not know about your story, it could be that you attracted something really bad playing paranormal investigators with the Ouija board, or you are just playing horror writer in a site meant for REAL ghost stories... Those videos and pictures would tell the difference! 🤔
epicunicorn8165 (2 stories) (7 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Try to ask it what it wants, but be friendly with it, ask it other things like how it died

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: