You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Unwelcome Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Unwelcome Visitor

 

As you see from my other stories, not all but many of my experiences have taken place outside my home. The times I have come in contract with the paranormal when I am home is mostly when my grandmother has contacted me when I in the state between being awake and going to sleep. Whenever my grandmother visits, it's mostly to tell me to help someone. The following incident took place at my home this past Sunday (February 10th) and it wasn't a visit from grandmother. Many could ask how you can be sure. I'm sure because like I mentioned in my stories, my grandmother has always come to either my mom or me though dreams. I was wide awake and so was my brother.

As mentioned above this happened Sunday night/Monday morning at about 1:30 am. There was only my mom, brother, and myself in the house. Since my sister got a teaching job first in Peel Region, Ontario, she lives in Mississauga and comes during the weekend. This meant that she already left to go back to Mississauga when this happened. My dad (being the selfish man he is), decided to take a trip to Jamaica with his cousin and they had been dropped off at the airport Sunday morning.

My mom had already fallen asleep after taken her medication for ulcer and high blood pressure. My brother was still up doing his homework for university and I was trying to go to sleep so I could get actually get up on time to get into work (which wasn't really successful) but I just couldn't. It wasn't that I wasn't tired; I just couldn't bring myself to fall asleep. Thinking back, I think it was related to the incident because I always get some sort of feeling when I experience the paranormal and this time I think it was to help my brother because this was his first experience and it scared the living sh*t out of him.

So, it was about 1:30, when the door bell starts ringing. My brother and I come out of our rooms puzzled as to who it might be. We initially thought that it could be either my sister or my father and uncle coming back (flight got delayed). My brother called our sister while I called our father and uncle. Their phones were turned off so that meant they already left and my sister was pissed off that we woke her up; so it was neither of them. The way our house is layout, if you open the front door, you are looking at the stairs leading upstairs. To the right, is the living room and you can walk straight into the dining room (which is divided by a wall and French doors that we keep open). To the left of the stairs, is a hallway. First you will see a small corridor area on the left where the powder room is to the right and right across from is the jacket closet and between these two spaces is the door leading to the laundry room and door to the garage. Back in the hallway, if you walk further down, to the right is the stairs leading to the basement (no doors) and to the left side is the family room. The hallway ends in the kitchen and breakfast area (there is a wooden and glass slide door dividing the breakfast area from the dining room) and the back wall of the breakfast area has the sliding door to the backyard.

The front door has both a stained and regular glass pattern on it and the side panels on each side of the door have regular glass in it so you can see both ways. So, if my brother and I stood on the stairs we could see if anyone was at the front door. That is where the problem started. There was no one there; not a solid person or even a shadow.

While we were trying to contact my sister and my father and uncle and looking to see who it was, the door bell is ringing. Also, my mother was asleep though all of this. My brother initially thought it could be one of the neighbors needing help (we have a good rapport with all of our neighbors and we are always helping each other out). But the problem was we couldn't see anybody there.

We initially decided to go down and open the door so we both went down. This is where the problem started for me. My empath emotions started to kick into high gear. Until this point, both my brother and I weren't scared just curious. Not only did I start to feel heart gripping fear, I felt the evil that was vibrating though the door. My brother was in front of me and he was the first to step off of the stairs when the picture of Lord Ganesha (Hindu deity with the elephant head) that my mother got from our trip to India started sliding back and forth on the side wall near the front door. Before readers ask about air and wind, there was not wind or air that night and none coming through the cracks of the door; not at least enough to shake the picture wildly. I remembered then that we had an alarm system put into our house after a few houses in the area got broken into.

I pulled my brother back and told him that something wasn't right and told him to check the camera feed that was facing the front door (there is a camera in the front door, backyard, and the laundry room facing the garage door and we have access to the cameras on my brother computer/phone and so does the security company).

My brother took a quick look on his phone and nobody was there. While we are looking on the camera, the Lord Ganesha picture is still swinging wildly and the door bell is still ringing. We looked at each other and we knew something was wrong; although my brother was still coming up with excuses for the bell ringing (like the bell getting suck). I reminded him that the old bell was broken and that we had replaced and that in order for it to get stuck, someone had to actually push it and there was nobody there or on the camera. This really freaked him out. So we finally decided to wake our mother up but we got stuck there also. My mother wouldn't wake up; it looked like she was having a dream and she didn't hear us or the bell (she was saying something in her sleep). I don't know where I heard it from but I was told not to wake a person up when they are having a dream, so we didn't wake her up. In the meantime, the bell is still ringing and the picture still swinging but not as much as before.

As my brother and I came out of my mother's room, I saw the prayer closet beside my room and got an idea. I took the small container holding the Vibhuti (Sacred ash used by Hindus) from the prayer closet. As I was grabbing the Vibhuti, I saw the holy water in a bottle shaped in Virgin Mary (my aunt is Catholic and since my uncle married her, he converted. Every year they go to this church in France and bring back a bottle for us) and took that also. I told my brother to put in the alarm code in first (alarm could be set when people are away and when we are home). Then I moved the rug that was near the door and put the Vibhuti ash from one end of the wall to the other right beside the door and then my brother sprinkled the holy water in the same manner but a little back. The picture of the Lord Ganesha that slowed down when we went back upstairs, had started back up with its swinging wildly when we came back down but it slowed and then completed stopped when brother and I repeated what we did to the front door to the backyard sliding door, garage door, and all windows (upstairs, main floor, and basement). The ringing stopped within seconds of putting the Vibhuti and holy water on the last window still in my room (we started from the basement and worked our way up so that we didn't miss any windows).

Once everything was done and the bell stopped ringing, my brother had a full blown panic attack and that start his minor asthma attack. Thankfully, he had his meds on him and I was able to help him control it. It took awhile but he finally went to sleep because of his meds wearing him down sometime between 3:30 and 4 am. I, on the other hand, did not sleep because I totally lost sleep over this and plus, I wanted to keep an eye on my mom and brother. This was easily done as my brother didn't want to sleep alone and ended sleeping beside my mother. The first chance I got, I called into work and told them I wasn't coming in because of a family emergency. When my mother finally got up, she found me drinking tea and asked why I didn't leave for work (usually I'm gone before anybody wakes up). I told her I wasn't going into work and then I asked her if she remembered anything from last night. Initially, my mom started to say no but then she stopped herself because she had remember that she had a dream with my grandmother (her mom).

My grandmother told my mom that someone that we know has sent an evil spirit to us to harass and hurt us and that we shouldn't let it in. For some reason my grandmother never talked straight and always gave information in riddles or at different times; which could be really annoying when you are totally freaked out. My mom trying to get my grandmother to give her more information but she kept saying that she will be there to protect us.

So I asked my mom if she heard the bell ringing. She said no and asked who was there? I told her no one that we could see. She looked at me weird so I explained to her what happened the night before. My mom totally freaked out by what I told her and that's when she saw all the Vibhuti around the house. She told me not to go to work and told my brother not to go to school either but he had to hand in an assignment and he had to go. Since the class was in the afternoon, my mom immediately called the priest that blessed the house when we moved in and told him what happened and he promised to be there as soon as possible. Usually we would have things like rice, flowers, and other things the priest would need for the pooja ready for him (he usually tells beforehand what he needs) but in this case he actually brought everything with him because (1) he didn't want us leaving the house to get the items before the pooja was completed and (2) he didn't want to use any items (like rice) that were already in the house because the house wasn't blessed yet.

The priest did the pooja and blessed the house including the backyard (which was no easy task as the snow in the backyard was still deep because of the storm we had this past weekend). Then he blessed a red string and tied it around each one of our wrists. He blessed two more strings (one for my sister and one for my father) and told my mom to tie it around their wrists as soon as possible. My mom actually forced my sister to make the trip back to Ajax after work so that she can tie the string. For my dad, we have to wait until he gets back in a week.

The priest told my mom that it was a good thing that we were able to put a protective barrier around the house when we did because if the evil spirit got in, it would have been ten times as harder to get rid of it and not without someone getting hurt. Before the priest left, I asked to write down some prayers for me (I know some but not all) and he did so. I told my mom that I was going to be using Rook's cleansing every month from here on out with the prayers of protection that the priest gave me.

My mom was totally freaked out about this incident that she agreed to it and volunteered to help. As for finding out who did this to us, well, that is going to be a long list. My mom has told us many times that she raised good kids and compared to some of the other kids that she knew we were angels and a lot of people knew that so they were jealous of us. It doesn't help the fact that a close relative uncle left my sister, brother, and me some money when he passed away last year. We only found out about this about two months ago, when his lawyer came to us with the uncle's will. Since this uncle didn't have any kids (he was married but his wife died of cancer about five years ago), he divided the money equally into four parts; one for my sister, brother, myself, and the fourth part of the money went to his favorite charities. We knew a lot of people were jealous of this because these very same people interacted with solely for the money but we didn't and he left money for us. Also, unlike some people, we didn't touch the money but we invested it. Shessh... You can't live without money or with it. We will search but unless my grandmother tells us, it will be difficult.

Other hauntings by geetha50

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, geetha50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

millie7 (1 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2014-12-13)
Hello this was a real good story but if someone can help me find out the title to a scary story I've been looking for ok Its about this boy who was at home with his mother sister and I think grandmother when this car pulled up to their yard but no one was in it so there was a knock at the door they asked who and no one said anything so now the whole house starts shaking and the knocking at the door gets louder and louder so the grandmother calls her older son he drives up to the house with a shot gun he walks over to the car that pulled up to the yard and it doesn't have a back seat the car was filled with blood and a tool bag with a saw in it so he looks through the car mirror and he see a black shadow figure run by the house so he runs inside the house and shoot at it so now the knocking stops and the house stops shaking they look at the car drive away backwards with no one inside this isn't word for word of what happen but its all I could remember PLEASE help me find it thanks:-)
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Geetha,

I answered your questions from "He Visits Occasionally, And I Almost Want Him Back".
Now I'll go back and read this story. Don't be afraid, I didn't take offence to your questions.

Best Fanny ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Sorry, Geetha, I just noticed your reply. You might also consider expanding to include multimedia technologies. Or perhaps this was included in your course?
I'm also curious as to what program you use for designing.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
With me it start off with my employer paying for the classes because they needed someone to maintain their website because the woman who did it was going on maternity leave soon. All of sudden after going though half of the classes, they said that they were cancelling the temporary position (no reasons given) and that they weren't going to be paying for the rest of the courses. So I decided to it for myself and completed it. If there is any other job posting, it could be helpful and at the same time I could freelance. I still have to do the portfolio course but was cancelled because I was the only one to signup for it. I have to signup for it again when it starts up in May.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
Hi geetha,
Always up for a job😊. Yes, I'll be working on my portfolio soon. They have us making one in class, but... Well this particular Instructor is rather restrictive on how we do things. Only 6 pieces, and they MUST meet this criteria, etc. <sigh>
I wanted the degree so that I could feel more comfortable taking the jobs offered me, and be more agressive in looking for them. Most of the work I've done came from folks who either saw something I did on the Net, or knew someone who knew me. I'd like to go into freelancing full time.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
I know, what a small world... I read it on your profile and I'm like, that's so cool! I liked it so much that I might continue onto doing the degree. Now I know who to come to if I ever have any doubts! LOL!

Now that you are done, what are you going to do with it? Are going to get extra work to built your portfolio?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Web design? No way! My degrees are in web design and animation specialization! Small world!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
LOL! Not a problem, valkricry! I know how our brains could become fried after exams... Congrats by the way... I just finished my web design and layout certificate course at Seneca College. I'm the same way as you, so I totally understand. I'm accepting of everyone's believes also but at the same time I don't like it when people put down what I believe. You don't have to agree with what I believe or don't even try to understand it but I don't like it when people but it down.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Yes, I do 'get' it 😊. Maybe it's burnout from finals (last week, then I graduate! YAYYYY!) but for some reason I read it as if you felt 'bad' for having voiced your own personal beliefs, and I wanted you to know that not everyone felt that way. Me, I welcome different points of views. Perhaps it is because I am comfortable within my own beliefs, and feel that it is a chance to gain some insight and understanding. Or that I grew up with such a mish-mash of religions via extended family that with the exception of human or animal sacrifice, I can be rather open-minded about a body's beliefs. And I "knew" you weren't pointing at Narella, I just was trying to signal where I was coming from? 😆 Geeze, tired over taxed brain here I guess.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
valkricry,

I totally I agree with you on this but I found that some people don't believe what I have to say about religion and my personal believes and they think that I'm putting down their believes. To many, they feel like I pushing my believes on to them and they don't like it and then they push back for nothing. I'm not pointing at Narella because she just asked I question but I found that in general people are not accepting of believes and they take offence to it because it's not the same as theirs. I put that comment in the post because what I wrote down is my personal believes and didn't want people think that I was pushing my believes on to them.

I hope you get what I'm saying.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
Dearest Geetha,
This is in regards to your response to Narella. I have never understood why anyone would take someone's personal beliefs as an offense. I totally agree with you that if someone does not believe in the power of something then it simply will not work for them. It's the basis for what we call 'Faith'. From the childhood story of The Little Engine That Could ("I think I can. I think I can...") to the Bible (King James version, Matthew 17:20;"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you," belief is tantamount to success.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
I finally found out the meaning of the red string, according to Hindu believes (apparently, the red string is common used in many faiths around the world). The red string is tied on the right hand of men and unmarried women and the left hand of married women by the priest. A priest often puts on the red thread on one's wrist when doing a ceremony, ritual or puja, such as worship to the Ganga River, a deity, or for certain blessings. The thread helps preserve those blessings when it is tied around one's wrist during the ceremony. The practice of tying the thread dates back to the time when Vamana Bhagwan tied this holy thread on the wrist of the progressive King Bali to grant him immortality.

Narella,
As a person who is accepting of all religions and are open to them, I am willing to accept the help of any religion if it will protect me and my family. The ashes and the holy water I used could be from two different faiths and it could be blessed but it wouldn't be worth anything if I didn't believe. I believe that the holy ashes and the holy water were blessed from a high power to protected my home and family and I used it and it protected us until we could get our priest in to do the protection pooja. I hope I haven't offended anyone with what I said but these are just my personal believes.

Valkricry,
I totally understand where you are coming from and I have let my brother know that but he just gets angry when I mention the incident so I just left it.

SebastianRaynes73,
Thank you for your kind words. My grandmother and I were close when she was alive and although it frightened me at first, I'm glad that she is there is guide me. I was really depressed when she died so I was really angry at everyone after that for a long while until she came into my dreams.

Hades666,
Yeah, it sucks when things like this happens. I suggest you get a priest in to do the pooja to clean out the house. I also suggest Rook's cleansing method to maintain the protection created by the priest. If you can't get the priest to come in to do that pooja, you can do the cleansing by Rook as it is also effect. Good luck and keep us updated.

Psychicmama,
Thank you for the suggestion. I have been doing that as part of Rook's cleansing method already.
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Geetha, one thing I do on a pretty regular basis is picture my home, inside and out, bathed in white light...God's light if you will... And announce out loud that no one is allowed in the house that is not "of God". This way I feel like anyone is welcome that is affiliated with God. But I don't want any creepies in there like you had--ever. So maybe you can try that as well. I also let "everyone" know that they're not allowed in my bedroom. I don't care how friendly they are, I need my sleep.:-) Best of luck, I think you are very brave!
Hades666 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
I have to say, while I was reading your story I was getting gossebumps all over. Being Hindu myself I also believe in Christ and I know how powerful they both can be. My family recently had an incident similar to yours but I haven't had time to write anythng down. All I remember was that I kept having dreams of this tall black man in solid form with long hair coming into our house through the garage door and going upstairs into the second story of my house. The following weeks after that, the atmosphere of the house seemed heavier and my mum kept seeing this black man following her around in the top level of the house, especially my parents bedroom. Needless to say we found out that somebody had sent that 'thing' to our house. But recently I have to say I have been getting very sensitive to these things and I just want to know what's going on.
Sorry for such a long reply. Any help would kindly be appreciated!
SebastianRaynes73 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Geetha50,
Thank Ganesha that your an empath. It was your abilities and you quick thinking that saved you a lot more bothersome trouble that night. Sounds like whatever it was certainly wanted to either come in or seriously get your attention.

Good quick thinking on your part to use your special ashes and the French holy water your family got you. Clearly whatever the thing ringing the bell was didn't like what you were doing. And getting your priest to do the pooja and bringing all his already cleansed special things was a fantastic idea. I hope it has helped you a bit, and that you don't have anymore problems from this thing.

I also think your grandma communicating with you from the spirit world is fantastic. You must of had and still have a special bond. And she is still out protecting you even after she's passed over. I think your so very lucky to still have her guidience in your life. Amazing!

By the way, before I commented I read your stories. They are all brilliant. Youve had some interesting encounters over the years. And I have enjoyed reading them all.

Sebastian.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Hi geetha,
My Aunt had a door knocker that would go off on it's own. It ALWAYS made me jump a foot, and there was never anyone there. So, I can only imagine how horrid that had to be for you and your brother! Thank goodness you there, or who knows what he might have let in answering it.
I find the red thread interesting too. Please let us know what your parents say about it.
About your brother... About all you can do there is let him know that when he's ready, you'll listen. Some people never come to terms with things they can't neatly label or understand.
Narella (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
It is horrible to think what might have happened if not for your quick thinking. Your brother was lucky you were home that night. The fact that items associated with two different faiths were successful in keeping evil out is interesting.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
My sister and father didn't experience anything because my sister left for Mississauga Sunday evening and this happened after she left. Same thing with my father. We dropped my father and his cousin off at the airport Sunday morning and this happened that night. My father came back this pass Sunday (Feb. 17th) and this experience happened Sunday, Feb. 10. My mother made him wear the string as soon as he got home.

As mentioned in the story, my brother was with me so he experienced it for the first time and my mother didn't wake up at all but did get a visit from her mother (my grandmother) warning her that an evil spirit was trying to get in.

~~Update~~
My brother is still in shock because he is refusing to accept what happened and isn't willing to talk about it.
JennZ (72 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Wow what an experience... I would of been terrified! I'm so glad no one was hurt... I also would like to know if your father or sister experienced anything. Take Care, Jenn
Anurag (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Geetha...
As you already mention you are belongs to HINDU, I think you have to do 'hawan' (type of worship in hindu) in your home.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Geetha50
Did your dad or sister experience anything out of the ordinary? Were they part of the spell too?
It would be interesting to hear their experiences.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Rook,
First of all, thanks for adding the story to your favourites.

Although, I was born and raised as a Hindu, I considered myself as a spiritualist and I am more accepting of other religions. With that being said, if there were more than one way to protect myself and family, I was going to do it. I wasn't going to take changes.

As for your cleansing method, I know it works because I have used it twice before. One time for my friends in Calgary and another time for another friend in Toronto (I haven't put the story up yet because I have to write it in two parts). My mother was really freaked out by the whole situation that she agreed to it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
triden07,
I wish I had ghosts like Charlie and Gran in my corner; I would feel a lot more safe and also have a clear to deal anything that comes by me. As for not opening the door, I knew something was off about the door bell ringing and nobody being there. I knew it would be impossible for them to hide after ringing the bell and it was not one of those ring, stop, wait, ring type of ringing. It was constantly ringing. My brother wanted to open the door but I told him that it was like inviting the unseen and that it wasn't good.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Granny,
I have notice that I am experiencing more, also. I think because each of my previous experiences are more stronger, it's opening me up to the paranormal. I'm on the fence about that because (1) I'm still learning and I don't have much experience like you and (2) I don't know if I could handle if things got really bad.
But I will take your advice about protecting myself. I know of Rook's cleansing because I have used it before but do you have any other protection techniques that I could use?

As for the red string, it is a popular practice among Hindus to get it blessed and wear it around our wrist for protection. I'm surprised to hear about your granddaughter because I had a similar incident when I was a young baby. I don't remember it but both my mother and grandmother have told me that when I was about a year old (in Sri Lanka) I would have night terrors and would get up wailing like crazy. Initially, my mom and grandma thought I was hungry or needed changing but it became a nightly event. My grandmother also mentioned that I would be crying and trying to look away from one particular corner. They even brought me to the doctor but nothing was wrong physically. My great grandma finally told my mother to bring me to our local temple to see our priest. Apparently, he was a sensitive and he told my mother and grandmother that a spirit was attached to me and he blessed the red string and put it on my wrist. He also told my mom and grandma to prepare the house so that it can be cleansed because that spirit had followed me to the temple and was standing just beyond the temple gates. The cleansing by the priest was completed two days later but since wearing the string my night terrors stopped. Besides being blessed, I don't know the meaning of the red string. I have to ask my parents.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
geetha,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I can not imagine how scared you and your brother must have been when you checked the cameras as saw nobody at the door.

I am also glad that your Faith is strong and that you were able to not only resist the urge to open the door, but you also used two different methods to 'block' all physical entrances.

I am also flattered and humbled that you would use my Cleansing and Shielding Method as well as the Blessing of your Priest. Needless to say this is going into my Fav's. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
Hi Geetha50
Gr8 story. If I were there I would have been scared out of my wits. Its funny that you mention how you could feel the evil radiating through the door. When the evil was in my house, it followed me wherever I went in the front of the house, and when it looked at me I felt like it was going to burn a hole through my skull. That's how intense it was. My mom has told me on occasion that I'm very lucky that I can feel the spirits in my house, but the 4 days that thing was there, it was torture. Every time it looked at me I got so scared I started to hyperventilate. Luckily it was blocked by Charlie and Gran, and couldn't touch me or my mom.

Really glad you guys never let it in and that you're all ok.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Geetha: Wow! That must have been pretty intense. I think it's a good idea to maintain the cleansings. Also, I'd like to suggest that you learn some self protection techniques. Seems to me your experiences are becoming more intense and more frequently. Protection doesn't mean the experiences will stop, but you may find yourself more confident and less likely to acquire an attachment.

Now, how interesting about the red thread. My hubby's Aunt Lizzy believed in such a measure also. I think I should mention that she was Russian Orthodox. But, more recently, my daughter had an experience where the baby was waking several times a night screaming and in terror. At the time, Sophie was about 13-14 months old. She had gone into a small psychic gift shop near her home where she struck up a conversation with the owner/psychic. The psychic, out of the blue, told her that Sophie's not sleeping well because "someone" was scaring her, and to help her she should tie a red ribbon on her ankle when she goes to sleep.
So, Leslie figured "What the heck, it couldn't hurt, right?" She did it, and don't you know, Sophie's been sleeping soundly since 😆.

I understand that there are times when these things could work because of the suggestion, like Dumbo's feather 😆, but I know babies that age don't give a crap about that kind of thing, nor are they old enough to understand.

Sorry this is so long, I just found that reference to the red thread really interesting! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: