You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow Person And The Growl

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Person And The Growl

 

One of my good friends'sister is a ghost hunter and she was telling me about the experiences she has had after starting the ghost hunting. I was extremely interested in trying to catch a ghost on camera or just feel the presence of a ghost, so I started looking up haunted sites around my city. I found a cemetary dating back to the late 1800s until now. I went there 3x times. Once while I was by myself, once with a friend and once with a group of about 3-4 people. The time I went with the group was the most intriguing. The air in the cemetery was still and cool and very silent. We walked to the back of the cemetery and started taking pictures. We started looking at the pictures once we got home and noticed a few orbs.

Now, here is where the story really begins. A few weeks had passed since going to the cemetery. I got up from bed to get ready to go to work, it was around 4am and I was in the laundry room when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turn and look at it directly, it was a tall opaque shadow. It looked like a shadowy man. I was standing in front of the laundry room and I could see it in my room, just standing at the foot of my bed. It didn't disappear like I half expected it too when I started walking towards it that's when it vanished. I turned the bedroom tv on for my husband in case he woke up while it was still dark and saw the shadow. He can't handle things of the paranormal nature. So I left to go to work.

A few weeks pass by since I saw the figure and the air in my apartment was just strange, almost as if the air was not earthly air if that makes sense? Anyways, me and my husband were laying in bed slowly drifting off to sleep. Around 3am, I was awakened by a growl. Now this growl was unlike anything I have ever heard before, it was demonic and it sounded like it was in the living room. I do not own any pets at all. I nudged my husband and asked him if he heard that. He said yes and that he thought, or was hoping, he was hearing things.

A few months pass, yet again with the strange air just lurking in the apartment, but all was calm. I was switched off of day shift to night shift. It was around 4:15am and I was just sitting in a security truck waiting to get off. I got off work at 6am. So, I'm sitting with my partner in the truck just talking about random things and the conversation slowly dies and we sat in silence for a bit. I was looking in the side view mirror of the passenger side of the vehicle and saw the tall black shadow! I started rubbing my eyes and thinking I was seeing things. I turned all the way around to look out the back window and it was gone! I wasn't going to say anything to my partner about what I saw but she noticed I was looking around and simply stated "I saw it too." I already knew deep down that I was seeing things but when she said that it really confirmed it was real.

Do you guys think the first shadow, the growl, and the last shadow (not sure if it was the same one) have something to do with me going into that cemetery? I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts on this. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bleakwaters, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

paul19 (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
In that case you should take caution, try alerting a priest or medium and see what it wants. I don't have much expirence however my grandmother has always said to say "I revoke you in Jesus name" best of luck,

Paul,
Mortal (15 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
Is the cemetary the only place that you did ghost hunting? Most people doing ghost hunting, visit more than 1 place. What made you so sure it is from that cemetary? As you mentioned you have moved house recently, it might be something that is living in the house before you moved it.
Bleakwaters (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Mortal- It was 4 of us. And no one else experienced anything like I did. I didn't know that the number 4 was considered an unlucky number.

Paul- I've tried to rationalize that growl away many times and I just can't. It jolted me and my husband out of sleep. It sounded unearthly. You know that feeling you get when you just know something is not right? That's how I felt about that growl.
paul19 (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
The shadow is strange but the growl I am not so sure about. Many things could produce that sound including plumbing. Were you washing clothes that night, if so that could be what you heard but it very well could be something supernatural.

Paul,
Mortal (15 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Did the others who went ghost hunting with you have the same experience at home?
When doing ghost hunting, I never do it in odd number and also in 4s. 4 is an unlucky number for death. When doing odd number, the spirit will balance out with even number. I usually explore in 2, 6 or 8. Not sure whether this is true, but do not want to risk being followed since my aim to explore and not invite.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
Bleakwaters,

If, if, IF a spirit followed you because of your visits to the cemetery you do not have to go to the 'point of origin' to apologize. All you have to do when you feel the change in the air you mentioned is apologize out loud. However I agree with granny, I do not think you have been followed.

From what you have shared with us I do not think the growl and 'shadow figures' are connected and I feel they should be treated as separate experiences.

Thank you for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Bleakwaters: I really don't think spirits have boundaries, but since you've recently moved it's probable that you won't be bothered by this particular spirit again. You mentioned in your story that you had gone there 3 times, and every time you brought more people with you. Just a theory, but I think s/he could have been concerned that things could get out of hand 😆.

I don't think anyone would want to leave their final resting place, so unless it was the spirit of someone who passed away on the property there isn't any reason to believe anyone had attached themselves to you. Of course this is all conjecture and theory on my part. I'd like to hear others' thoughts as well.
Bleakwaters (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
[at] zzsgranny I was definitely respectful. I know not to mess with spirits in a disrespectful way. I recently moved from Florida to Georgia so I have no way of going back to apologize but I haven't had anything weird or strange follow me here. Do you think they are confined to that state? What else do you think the intent of the shadow person was besides to keep an eye on me? Do you think that maybe it just attached itself to me while I lived in Florida?

[at] Jennz I was a little taken aback but I wasn't scared or anything. I only got slightly freaked when I heard the growl. Do you think there was any connection to the shadow person and the growl? No, it wasn't my first ever experience however it was the first one that I actually saw something.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Bleakwaters: I believe that every cemetery has a guardian or guardians. Sometimes, and especially if visitors are disrespectful, they can and do follow people home. There's nothing in your account that makes me think your were being disrespectful, so I don't think this guardian intends to harm you in any way. I think they're keeping an eye on you though 😆. The reason I feel so strongly about this being a guardian is because cemeteries are hallowed and sacred ground. Nothing evil can or ever will lurk there.

I suggest going to the cemetery and apologizing to the souls you may have disturbed during your ghost hunts, even if you were being as respectful as possible. And maybe find somewhere else to investigate?
😊
JennZ (72 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Well that's creepy... It could be possible something followed you from the cemetery... Is this your first ever experience?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: