You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: In The Haunted Forest, A Demonic Growl

Real Ghost Stories

In The Haunted Forest, A Demonic Growl

 

I am Dimitry, and I would like to share my story with you.

When I was 3 or 4 and sitting between my uncles on a sofa, there were 30 people at a party in the basement, and I saw through a small window that an axe was chopping wood in my garden. There was just an axe, no nothing, except just one big axe chopping wood itself. First, how can the axe lift itself? Second, we were the only family in that house. And third, who in the hell would chop wood at midnight?

There is a large forest near the Nishava, a river near my city, where many men drowned; there are two graveyards from ancient Ottomans, Romans, and even older Slavic people; the wounded and those suffering from infectious diseases died there during both world wars; in the early 1900s, a man murdered two ladies who were washing dishes near the river; Jews were killed there; and even in older history, there was a story that people saw fairies, which is how my city got its name. My house has been near that forest, just 500 feet away, and we could see it from the window when it was not foggy or raining. That whole area was known as haunted but full of houses and buildings.

Many years later, in 2018, when I was 16, my friend and I decided to walk through the forest, thinking that we were safe because there was a quay and a promenade along the river where hundreds of people were passing that summer evening on August 29, 2018. It was 8 o'clock on a hot summer night, and we were now deep in the woods.

We were deep in the forest, and suddenly we heard a scream, then a demonic growl, and then, from the direction of the bank across the river, we saw red eyes shining. I later graduated from the Faculty of Forestry and am also a hunter. I know every sound in nature in my part of the country, and that sound does not originate from any animal.

My side of the shore, where I was, was not as haunted as the one across the river, beyond which stretched that forest into which no one was ever allowed to enter. When we started to run, the road behind us suddenly disappeared and was covered with thick grass, so we ran through the bushes and came out completely scratched. When we got out on the boardwalk, my hands were shaking so much while we were sitting on the bench that my friend had to light a cigarette for me to calm down.

Following that traumatic experience, I was inspired to begin believing in God. For that, I am praying every day twice during the day and going to church every week. After that, nothing similar happened to me because I was religious and wore a rosary with a cross and holy water. That gives me chills even today, and I am 21 years old.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dimitry02, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
 
10 months ago (2023-06-23)
Dimitry02, I'm glad you have found a religion that helps you.
Dimitry02 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
10 months ago (2023-06-22)
CrimsonTopaz Thank you for the advice, I went from hating god to praying 3 times a day and wearing Christian signs so they would help me battle bad things. Well, my grandma loved me so much but she was a very evil person and liked by everyone. Some liked her very much some hated her too much. She was good but very destructive for our family and my parents marriage because she hated my mother more than anyone and she would give everything to my aunt, my father's sister and she would never give anything to my father just because of my mother. She was rich but because of hate, she would give everything to her daughter which is even more evil and selfish than my grandma. It is not nice to talk this way, she raised me and loved me but because of her, my parents were constantly arguing about money. My life changed for the better after her death and I think everything bad disappeared after she died. My mother thinks that she was connected with Woodo or some evil black magic who knows... The good thing is that I become a good Christian believing in god and respecting my lord Jesus Christ.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-02-10)
Dimitry02, That's a lot of information to take in. Believing in the devil, Nightmares, occultism, singing to the devil, hating god, praying 3 times a day... What do I think about that? Well I pray a lot, so in my opinion it can't hurt. As for the rest? I don't know what to say except talk to people who knew your grandma and hopefully her good memories will help steer you away from whatever it is that's pulling you towards negativity. I'm so sorry you lost your grandma. I find remembering all the fun, happy, and family moments help.
Dimitry02 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-01-29)
CrimsonTopaz yes I do. It haunts me even today and I have no logical explanation for that I have a very good memory of every moment in my life even when I was a child. I do not dare to go there again even today. The whole day and month were mystic and weird. My grandmother died two weeks before that experience and also I did a lot of research on the devil, Legba, and what a Hellhound was because I fell in love with the blues and I was into some kind of occultism. Maybe my Blues and singing about the devil had some connection plus I hated god because I loved grandma and after her that I stopped believing in god and started believing and singing about unholy things you know. The next week was also weird because I experienced the same demonic growls while I was walking with the same friend to my new apartment. Nightmares were also common but I started praying 3 times a day and going to church every week and all things stopped. Maybe it wasn't just me with my occultism, maybe my friend had something to do with it as it happened to him too what do you think about that?
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-01-28)
Dimitry02, You remember the axe from when you saw it as a 4 year old? It's sad hearing about all the deaths in that forest and surrounds. Thanks for sharing. Good read.
Dimitry02 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-01-25)
Rajine, family members confirmed that no one was there in the garden. Also, the gate was locked and no one lived in that house except the 4 of us, except that the guests were in the house with us that day. My parents also confirmed to me that at that moment everyone was inside and that the ax had been put away in a relatively hidden place. Why would someone come to someone's house and chop wood just like that in the yard? It was also pitch dark outside and the light in the yard was off, so it was not possible to chop wood. I saw the ax, there was no one behind it, it was picking itself up and chopping wood.
Rajine (14 stories) (769 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-01-24)
Hi Dimitry02

When you saw the axe chopping wood by itself, didn't you notify any of your family members? Perhaps talking to them might shed some light on certain things, such as the forest being overwhelmingly haunted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: