You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hitler's Eagles Nest

Real Ghost Stories

Hitler's Eagles Nest

 

This is a story that my mom told me from when she was in the military about 15 years ago. All the troops were taken to Hitler's castle, called the Eagles Nest and they got to stay the night in the rooms there. My mom said that everyone else was at this party thing except for her and her few roommates, so they took an old antique picture that was hanging on the wall and drew an Ouija board on the back of it and used a glass for the piece that the spirit would move to talk to them.

So my mom asked the board to give them a sign that something was there and then they heard something banging on a door as if someone was pounding a hammer on it. But when they ran over and opened it nobody was there at all and the hallways were so long and huge that nobody could have hidden that fast. I wonder if it was Hitler, or maybe another Nazi or something? She said that they just hung the picture back up and went to bed because they got scared.

I want to look up the Eagles Nest and try to get some more information on it like pictures, or maybe someone else has experienced the same type of activity there. If anyone has any ideas on what it may have been I would love to hear them! Thanks!

And has anyone else ever been there before or had any other paranormal experiences like it? Usually with the Ouija board I would think that the entity would use it to talk but my mom said that all it did was bang on the door like three times which I thought was strange. I wonder why it didn't try to actually communicate with them, but maybe it just wanted to scare them out of there.

Other hauntings by Taynevada

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Taynevada, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Just to let you shouldn't play with Ouija boards. Thanks for sharing with us. 😊
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Hey there! I disagree to what SDS said. Sometimes it is possible that a spirit passing by just shows up since you were calling the dead. I don't think the spirit had any intentions to harm. It just wanted to make its presence felt. But I can say that it sure wasn't a nazi ghost since I have never heard this place to be haunted. Great story, thanks for sharing!
-Shady
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Hi Taynevada, I do not think that your narrative has anything to do with the paranormal. But, my advise, as always, would be not to handle Ouija Board. It is always better. With very limited input, I cannot accept it as a paranormal encounter just because your mother and others drew a Ouija Board and started asking questions.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
EmoVampirePerson (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
Sometimes you see things like a shadow cross the room that may bee a presencen that is passing through
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
My father was at the Eagle's Nest with the 101st Airborne during WWII. He described it extensively to me and told me how beautiful the surrounding countryside was. He never mentioned ghosts or odd happenings there. The place was empty of people and the road had been blocked by landslides. They used hand grenades to help blast through it. The only strange things he saw was while he was stationed in England. Some of those were setups by the landlords he was billited with just to get one over on the Yanks.
It's not that I disbelieve your story but I am having a hard time with the antique painting. I don't believe that anyone would destroy such a thing in a wanton way like that. It's an antique, don't touch it. She may have just drawn on the back but old canvas like that would have definitely been damaged. It would have been noticed and reported.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: