You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis While Awake And Other Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis While Awake And Other Experiences

 

After moving into an older styled house, subtle things started happening. Firstly I'd hear the voice of a young girl in the bathroom, just saying a random comment here and there. At first I thought it was a toy in the next room or outside the window, but it was close. The last thing I remember it saying is "welcome" in a very friendly manner. I soon ruled out the possibility of it being a toy. I have never heard the voice since.

Not long after, though, we noticed a face of a young lady in the wall in the hallway, the bathroom wall. You can only see it with the light on behind it. The light cover casts a shadow independent of the face. The shadow from the light cover will move around and the face remains there unhindered by it. The face looks sad and remains there until this day.

Another odd thing is that where the face is on the wall there is a slight bulge. I awoke one morning and I could hear our son playing in the lounge room. I could hear the TV going and I could also hear a deep voice talking in what sounded like an old English type language. It almost sounded evil.

My mum stayed over of a weekend and thought she heard someone say hello to her. It was loud enough that she checked the door thinking someone was there. One night she also reported that her hairbrush was thrown up and out of her bag and onto the floor from the wardrobe.

I awoke from an afternoon nap one day and I had my back to the edge of the bed, and it was as if someone was standing behind me uttering these random words close to my ear. The last word I recall is something like "valos," and at the same time it felt like something spiritual was jabbing into my head in a stabbing motion. Due to previous paranormal experience, I know what it feels like when a spirit touches you and it goes right through you.

Then our bedroom door fell off its hinges. It was old, and so before repairs were made it was left standing against the doorway almost halfway across the opening. I'm a pretty cautious guy so while I was entering the bedroom, I took a lot of care not to bump it, and as I walked toward the bedroom window, it suddenly flew down and almost hit me. If I had bumped it enough to push it beyond the pivot point to actually fall I would have noticed it, and it would have fell alongside myself instead of over top of myself the way it did.

We often hear slight noises in the kitchen, and have recorded some strange sounds and breathing. I was in the kitchen one night and I felt something fluffy brush against my legs like a dog a cat would run by. Another night, my partner walked into the kitchen and right after she passed the bench, a toy was slammed from the bench to the floor in one loud motion. No bounce no ricochet, it just slammed on the floor.

One day, standing in the lounge room talking to someone by the fireplace, I sensed that something was rushing at me from behind. I stood back expecting our son to come running by, but instead this grey hazy mass flew past really fast. Another time I saw a really feint outline of a person walking from the kitchen door and through the bathroom wall. Since then I have seen random objects move back and forth as if they had been kicked.

One night in bed I felt like my foot was grabbed and pulled. I could feel the lingering grabbed sensation around my foot for a decent while afterward and this happened several more times on other nights. And then on about 3 different occasions now my girlfriend has woke up in the morning with 3 pronged scratches on her forehead, or random scratches on her back and neck.

This is where the so-called sleep paralysis starts. But first I'd like to make mention of a time when I was younger and lived in a very spiritual town located at an ancient aboriginal healing/burial ground. During the time I lived there I had a lot of out of body experiences, from unintended astral traveling to waking up and can't move.

In my experience, an OBE is when your consciousness is left in your body and you can't move at all, not even a little bit. There's no pressure to the chest, no hallucinations, nothing. Just your consciousness stuck in you body waiting for your spirit to return. On one crazy occasion I awoke to this state and after awhile I felt a breeze shoot up through my nostril and then I was able to move and get up and stuff. On other occasions my consciousness would go with my spirit and astral travel; on my return I would fly up through my 2nd story bedroom window and shoot straight at my body and I'd wake up with a burst like I had been flying. I also had some ghostly encounters that involved being touched/attacked and partially possessed.

So with these experiences in mind, I'd like to think that I know OBE's leave you completely unable to move at all, and the touch of a ghost that goes right through you, and that scientifically - sleep paralysis requires that you be ASLEEP.

Now back to the present, I'm a bit of a night owl so I'd often find myself in bed unable to sleep. I'd hear noises and become paranoid on some occasions and one particular night I found myself laying there trying to confirm noises and right as I became sleepy, it was like something rushed into the room with enough force to blow the curtains around, and next thing I know I'm pinned to the bed at my chest. I try to call out to my partner but I can barely mutter a whisper. I try to move my hand and pinch her but I can barely move my hand at all. It would last only 10 to 15 seconds. A few nights would pass with nothing and then it would happen again. It's usually when I'm laying on my back, but then one night laying on my side, I wasn't even close to sleep and it got me again. This time I realised I had a small but decent amount of movement in my legs and I was able to bash my partner's foot just enough to wake her and it stopped at the same time.

I usually feel a sense of terror and I wasn't really paying attention to anything that may have been visible. It happened a few more times while I'm wide awake. The other night I saw a red orb floating over me right before the attack. And then just last night it attacked me in my sleep. It caused me to dream of the attack and in the dream I was able to wake my partner. It was so intense that it woke me up just in time to see the red orb again leaving the room. I wasn't dreaming at this point because I stayed awake. I think it's interesting that I have seen the red orb twice now, before and after an attack on separate occasions.

This is happening to me while I'm awake so its not sleep paralysis as the scientists believe it to be. I'm familiar with true OBE's, so its not that.

I'd really like to understand what it is and why it is doing it to me. Is it draining my energy? Trying to pull my spirit from my body? Please help...

I'll continue on now with a couple of ghost stories from when I lived in that town. We had some friends that lived in an old weathered house with a verandah around 3 sides. After a while they started opening up with some freaky stories about hearing noises on the verandah and finding no one around when checking. Then one night a doll that laughs or cries was doing both at the same time on its own. He took the batteries out and it still kept doing it. He had to smash it apart to make it stop.

My mum was babysitting there one night and I decided to go and see her. When I got there I decided I'd play a prank. So I made some noises and hid around the corner of the verandah behind an old dryer or something. She opened the door to see what it was and went back inside, so I did it again and hid. She never opened the door but I was soon overpowered by a sense of presence behind me. I stood up and looked behind me and found myself staring at three ghosts in the far corner, right in the eye. They were staring right back at me with a cold glare in their eyes. There was a man on the left, looked modern wearing pants and a shirt, there was an old aboriginal man on the right, he was wearing a loincloth and he was actually holding a spear. There was a smaller thing in the middle that I couldn't make out so well. I stared them in the eye for at least 5 slow seconds, I turned and made sure I didn't trip up like in the movies lol so I headed to the door as calmly as I could. On my way I felt a hand go through my head as if it was trying to grab me. I never looked back and I knocked on the door and pleaded to the ghosts that I was a welcome friend to the house.

Once I was inside I was telling mum about it and I happened to mention that I'm not scared of ghosts and then, right after that, I felt something tickling my foot underneath the table. It was a definite touch and not a natural twitch or itch. Mum mentioned, while sleeping in one of the kid's beds, she'd felt the pressure of someone sitting at the end of the bed and seeing the indentation of it too.

Back at our house we'd often have the TV channels switch on its own, the VCR start doing stuff on it's own. We had heard that the elderly owner of the house had died in it. I was standing in the kitchen one day, I had 3 cups of tea prepared and was just standing there waiting for the kettle to boil with the teaspoon in my hand. Suddenly I'm getting goosebumps and my hair standing on end. I felt a presence that actually entered my body. At this point I'm just standing there as if paralyzed. I had no will to move of my own accord. Then my right arm flies out on it's own and plays this really nice old melody on the tea cups with the teaspoon, then it just went away and I was able to move. It was around this time I was having a lot of OBE's. Then we bought someone's cat into the house and it freaked out, managed to climb through this tiny hole into the back of an old television.

Then one night the cat was on my bed looking pretty uncomfortable when suddenly, what seems to be an arm, shoots up under my blanket right towards the cat. We were moving soon anyway and we were storing some stuff next door, so I took the cat over there, and by the way, the house next door was owned by a very old lady and her husband had only just recently passed away in the house. So I put the cat down and it's freaking out again, runs into this room and under the bed, As soon as I took one step into the room a calendar on a hook starts full on spinning around in circles like a bloody cartoon, then all these really long drapes are just blowing around the room in spirals, the cat under the foot of the bed is looking up and around at something, crapping itself... Calendar STILL spinning... It was absolute madness... I step out of the room to the calmest house you could think of, not even the slightest draft.

Several other places in the town I have visited have hauntings too. I was in touch with a friend from the area, not too long ago, that now lives in that town. She reports being watched in the shower by a friendly presence and that she attended a funeral in the town and that there were ghosts all over the place.

Anyway sorry for the rant. It's taken along time to get that earlier stuff off my chest. Hopefully it's a good read for some, and hopefully some can help me with my current issue.

Thanks a lot for reading this:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dellis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
Jenniferford
Sleep Paralysis is very real, and I have experienced this on several occasions. In fact, there are 2 types of sp. Isp-isolated sleep paralysis, and risp-recurrent isolated sleep paralysis. I suffer from risp, sometimes having back to back episodes in the same night.
dellis (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-11)
no I didn't steal the cat, I can't remember whether it was a friends cat or we found it. It was right about when we were moving anyway.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
jenniferford,

I am not trying to be rude, merely pointing out a 'couple' of things.

So by going to the doctor (s) you have been able to figure out that YOU are PERSONALLY HAUNTED. I am SO VERY glad that you were able to figure out that whatever YOU are experiencing is a TRUE HAUNTING.

HOWEVER (and I do so LOVE this quote)...

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..."

So any and ALL PHYSICAL/MEDICAL/MENTAL reasons need to be ruled out, before that has been done it is VERY HARD to say that what the O/P is experiencing is a True Haunting. Everything has to be considered when we offer our advice/aid to the individuals who come to this site asking questions/seeking aid... This is something we must remember as we are all individuals and everyone's experiences are unique as a consequence.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Oh yeah, I definitely know 😆 That's on my bucket list now 😉 Haunting cat stealers/abandoners is now at the top of my list LOL
BadJuuJuu (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Yeah, I'm sure it's just an inaccurate choice of words on the OP's part. Maybe. But, if I were a ghost, I would terrorize anyone stealing and abandoning cats. Really give em grief, you know?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
BJJ - I'm still not sure which pisses me off the most. Stealing someone else's cat or abandoning the stolen cat. I'm sure there's a "good" explanation, though 😉
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Even if you're fairly certain you don't have sleep paralysis, go to a doctor anyway. There are a crap ton of sleep disorders out there and one may be your problem. Just tell the doctor what happens when you try to sleep. I would recommend that to anyone. He's not going to call you crazy, just list your symptoms.
And, seriously, did you freaking steal someone's cat?
Mimixox (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Yeah... I have to admit I was quite fascinated of how you described the story it sounds like a real haunting story. Though question, is the cat a girl? Usually girl cats are very timid so the whole cat thing if its a boy it's more likely to actually be haunted. I know because my naibor has a girl cat she gets scared like hell though I have a boy he is really calm unless someone goes on his territory...

😲 😊 😁
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Hi dellis:

Without sounding rude, I am having difficulty in deciphering what your current problem is. There is a lot of different things going on in your story. But I will say this; it seems to me that you are an insightful person and are able to experience things that maybe other people cannot, or wish not to. I am also curious about the friend that attended a funeral and there were ghosts all over the place. Did the friend mean at the funeral?

Zeta.
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Im sorry if I came off rude but I have had this problem all my life and I've gave up on it. No one has been able to help me and I've done everything. What I said is true. I've studied this for over 20 years due to the fear these ghost and doctors have labeled me and tried to keep me doped up which made it worse. What I was saying is true not rude. Yes maybe not all do not believe but going to a doctor is the last thing anyone wants to do for a haunting. Not only that this is your ghost stories not your criticize other people for their believes and thoughts. I was trying to help the poor guy maybe he can help me at the same time because no 1 else can. Now please stop being rude and putting comments on other peoples comments. The guy just wants help he doesn't want people to criticize other peoples comments that there is rude. Have a good day
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
dellis - wow, there are certainly many things in this story, aren't there? But what I want to ask about is the cat. You said, "Then we bought someone's cat into the house and it freaked out, managed to climb through this tiny hole into the back of an old television." (I'm assuming that was supposed to be 'brought', but anyway.) First, maybe the cat didn't want to come into the house and reacted that way. I have one of those cats. His name is Rex, but we call him "The Demon Cat From Hell."😆 He would freak out on anyone trying to bring him into his own home if he wasn't ready to come in.

Next, you said, "Then one night the cat was on my bed..." and then you proceed to go on about it as if the cat belonged to you and you just...what? Leave it?

I'm seriously confused about the cat situation.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Uh, while your opinion is welcome saying something like, "Sleep paralysis is bull crap." and "...Most docotors don't believe so they come up with all kinds of crap to tell us.", is just plain rude.

Doctors may not understand many things, and they may mistake some cases of 'possession' as mental illness it does not mean there are not true documented cases of sleep paralysis and/or mental illness. Yes it is difficult to tell one from the other at times but to outright say one is 'bull crap' is rude and offensive. Can you please state your point of view/opinion without being so insulting?

Respectfully,

Rook
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
I see where this sleeping thing is real but from what all I have been threw its not a medical problem and most doctors do not believe in ghost and I feel you have a bad spirit. A bad one doesn't have to be a demon people are also mean and spirits feed from us. It is true that when we go to rest our minds are more open to them. We are at a peace time and they can affect us more at that time. Sleep paralysis is bull crap. Just like a lot of people in mental hospitals I feel are possessed or they have gifts and like I said Most docotors don't believe so they come up with all kinds of crap to tell us. Good luck. I would try to help but man I have had this happen sence I can last remember and I'm 31 and it still happens. Be strong and keep your mind strong. If they can't brake you down they might back off for a while but remember they are ghost and they don't have anything better to do.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
While I may not have an 'answer' for what you are currently experiencing...I'd really need to know more about the homes and properties history before really forming an opinion concerning this. However you may wish to try this, it may help with these 'attacks' you have described for us.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: