You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Suffocated Into Consciousness

Real Ghost Stories

Suffocated Into Consciousness

 

I have recently moved to Canada from my home country Pakistan. A few years ago in my parents house something out of the ordinary and rather scary for me happened to me. I did believe in ghosts and I always acknowledged the fact they exist among us but had never experienced anything until that night... This all perhaps started back in 2006's winter.

I would like to explain the situation a little bit so it is easy to understand for everyone and anyone who can or is willing to give an advice. My aunt's husband and her father-in-law had died the same year and certain family disputes had begun hence she, along with her children, came to live with us. It was then my mother and her had started picking signs of black magic. Blood droppings on my fathers clothes. Tube lights and bulbs bursting randomly and frequently. We had chickens and birds in our house, which started to die frequently and especially pieces of meat found on the door step.

Although I am not an early sleeper but that night I slept around 10 pm, I do not remember exactly but I think I was tired that day. I have the habit of sleeping in pitch dark and usually wrap myself entirely up in the blanket, also covering my face.

The first thing that had me consciously wake up was a little weight heaviness I felt on my chest but in a matter of a minute or so it got heavier and heavier, which completely woke me up but I couldn't open my eyes or move my body due to the weight on me. I felt as if something, hands perhaps, were moving towards my throat and it became very difficult for me to breath. Now, while this was happening I couldn't move my legs or my hands. I clearly remember even today that I knew in my head, that I need to get up and move but I just couldn't do it. I clearly remember directing energy towards my hands and feet but to no end. In another minute however, I was able to open my eyes and what I saw has scared me and creeped me to this day.

As I have mentioned earlier, I slept with my face covered, when I opened my eyes, I could see two eyes directly in front my eyes, they were completely black and a grayish black shadow surrounding it and they were directly looking in to my eyes. I don't know what that was or who that was. In my head I was frantically trying to move my body. Forcing myself to move a limb but couldn't. After several seconds or maybe a minutes of having those eyes looking at me directly and suffocating me, I somehow by the will of God, pushed the covers aside and just ran to my mothers room, which is right beside mine with a connecting door. But I clearly remember looking at the time, it was 03:05 am.

From that day forward I couldn't go in to my room, couldn't sleep there and especially couldn't use the washroom. I just felt like something was watching me. I was afraid it was going to come again for me. A few months from that day I convinced myself to move back into my room again. And just like that a few weeks passed by and similarly one night at the same time 03:05Am I woke up from deep sleep and saw a shadow standing in the corner across my bed looking directly at me with the same eyes. This time it wouldn't come close and I could see the whole figure in black cloak black hood, just standing there, staring. Once again I ran to my parents room and couldn't return for months. This time I didn't feel paralyzed.

Although ever since then nothing as major has happened but I always feel someone is looking at me when I am looking away, someone is following me while I am walking even in the light of the day. I feel someone or something is my room while I am in my bathroom. I just feel a continuous presence.

And a few months ago when I moved to Canada I felt as if I had left whatever it was behind but since a few weeks now I am feeling the presence again. I'm afraid to look in the dark outside my bed room because I am afraid I might see those eyes.

I don't know whether I am paranoid or it's real but I'm sure of one thing that I do feel a presence; harmful or unharmful. I just don't get a good vibe and I feel it's there to scare me and anytime it'll jump me. I just want to figure out what it is.

There's one more thing, in the house this incident happened, I moved in that house in 2001 and the place where I lived before it had a graveyard right next to it. Like my older house's wall and graveyards wall was the same. One of the biggest in that city. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Meme199, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Nice story these meme199... As for the black magic thingie I'd like to tell you if you're a Muslim (I suppose because you're from Pakistan) to recite surah e naas and surah e falak, the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.W) used these to get rid of black magic and these are really effective...
Regards
Aminah
MrJV545 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Meme,
I'm going to go with Rook on this one. Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon that shows just how powerful the mind is; you feel like you're suffocating (some people actually do start to choke) because your brain thinks something is doing it to you, in this case the figure, which is commonly associated with demons (often a succubus or incubus). What you had was a form of sleep paralysis called the Old Hag, if I'm not mistaken. The weight you feel is a result of panic from having woken up suddenly, the choking follows. I know you're going to say it felt too real to be just your mind, but remember your entire perception of reality comes from that lump of mass inside you head.
Meme199 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
[at] Rook: At first I wanted to go with that exact theory. I thought maybe my mind was playing games on me etc etc but I so clearly remember being suffocated that this theory just doesn't suffice. Especially with the events that followed.

[at] DelzLdy: I see how it may come across as ambiguous. What I was trying to explain was that it was inside my blanket. And it kind of shined which is why I could see it clearly. If that makes any sense.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Two words to consider are...

Sleep Paralysis...

In your case complete with a hallucination.

Thank you for sharing, please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Meme199 - I'm a bit confused. I understand this could be the language-barrier, but at one point you say you cover your face and sleep "in pitch dark."

"...I have the habit of sleeping in pitch dark and usually wrap myself entirely up in the blanket, also covering my face."

Then you say:

"As I have mentioned earlier, I slept with my face covered, when I opened my eyes, I could see two eyes directly in front my eyes, they were completely black and a grayish black shadow surrounding it and they were directly looking in to my eyes."

If you sleep w/your head covered and it is "pitch dark," how could you see "completely black" eyes and "a grayish black shadow surrounding it"? How could you see anything if it is "pitch dark?"

Could you please offer some clarification? Thank you 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: