You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Experience The Horror

Real Ghost Stories

Experience The Horror

 

I am new to this site. I went through something horrifying, which I want to share today. I got married 18 months back and shifted to a rented apartment with my husband.

We both are working here in Gurgaon. Normally I come home first around 7.30pm and my husband reaches late around 8 or 8.30pm. Every thing was going fine with nothing abnormal in that house. It was more than one year we were staying there and touch wood, we have found ourselves prospering at work, happy in married life and every thing else was just a bit more than perfect.

It was first week of December 2013, I took a short leave from office at 4pm and reached my place around 4.45pm. I stay at ground floor, it has a separate entrance and the rest of the building has one main entrance. The other floors are accessible to us through a door in the hall which opens at the base of the stair cases. There is a small Mandir (where one keeps the Idols or pictures of Gods for worship) I have made at the end of the hall, just next to my bedroom.

Coming back to the horrifying incident, I entered the house and locked the doors from inside. There was a power cut but that was not a problem as we had power back-up. While trying to put the lights on, I accidentally turned the TV on and inverter went off with a beeping sound due to extra load. I immediately turned off the TV and rushed towards the inverter in my bedroom to turn it on.

Suddenly every thing became very dark, the little day light we get in the hall through the curtains didn't seem to enter. The inverter was hardly ten steps away but I couldn't reach it. I was getting lost in that little space as if the area had stretched.

I kept walking slowly in the darkness little scared of crashing into some thing or banging my self against the wall. My hands were stretched out trying to feel objects near me so that I could get a clue where I exactly was in my apartment. Surprisingly I couldn't get hold of any thing not even my Mandir next to my bedroom.

Finally I got hold of the door frames of my bedroom (which was a great relief), the moment I stepped in, I felt surrounded by some thing, what ever that was, they were quite a few in number. As I could feel them all around me. I remembered my cell phone, which I kept on the top of the showcase (at the other end of the hall) while entering the house, which seemed the only source of light. I wanted to rush for it but the presence of those things was so strong that I was scared to move in any direction, as I might crash into one of them and could not imagine the consequences of it.

I started moving back wards with one small step at a time praying desperately. After a few steps I could feel as if someone standing at my back, so close that I heard some whispering in my ear. I couldn't bear it any more, so I turned and ran in a desperate attempt to save my self. I stumbled into something and thankfully landed on something soft (the Sofa). Before I could stand up I felt those things stooping down on me. Surprisingly my eyes were not getting used to the darkness, which is not normal.

I tried crying out for help but only a low groaning sound came out. My body froze, I couldn't move at all, may be out of fear. I was horrified and prayed for help. Nothing came to my mind not even the name of the almighty. Tears were rolling down from the corner of my eyes as I was lying on my back. In my attempt to speak I kept on groaning. I don't know how I fell on some thing hard. The other I could smell old clothes and dust. I was not getting enough breath almost suffocating.

Suddenly I saw light, very bright almost blinding me. I could barely see anything but to my relief I heard my husband's voice calling me out, He dragged me out of something. I don't remember any thing after that. When I opened my eyes my landlord's entire family was there and my husband of course concerned about me.

When they left my husband asked me that how I got inside the Divan (box) bed? I was astonished because I never went inside the bed room, I stepped out immediately. One more shocking fact was both the doors were locked from outside when I clearly remember locking them from inside. Though it went in my favor, otherwise my husband couldn't have entered the house.

My husband came home early that day because I was not answering my phone, which made him worried. When he unlocked the the door with spare keys he thought I haven't reached home, but fortunately he heard noises coming from the divan, when he opened it after sliding the heavy mattress, he found me to his utter shock and terror. To add to it the mattress was kept nicely, with bed sheet and pillows neatly arranged, the way I do it every morning. It would have been difficult for both of us to believe what we experienced if we were not a part of this incident.

I still don't understand what happened that day and why. We are still staying in the same house (planning to shift) although nothing has gone wrong since that day. But I am not able to get over this incident. I worship every day just the way I did before this incident. Then why? Every thing has gone back to normal except me and the inverter. It still beeps off at times. When ever it happens I run out or open the door wide if I am alone, and wait for some one to come.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sonty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-03)
Hi Sonty, It was a chilling story, Just like to know whether you inquired about the History of the house is that the place was haunted before. Just do House Cleansing which will help. God Bless All
dkb (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
Hi,

Thanks for your article. I am curious that you still were willing to stay in that house post the experience. I have a couple of questions and would be great if you can answer:

1) Its been more than a year now. Are you still saying in the place?

2) Can you provide the details of where this property is located?

Thank you,
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
Hi Amihet,
Thank you for reading and for your comment. Actually there's nothing wrong with the apartment because I have felt myself caught up in weird situations outside my apartment as well. It seems nobody is trying to hurt me but unfortunately I am always at the wrong place at the wrong time. I will definitely share my experience once I am sure of any paranormal interference in it.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Hi Sonty: My goodness what a scary experience, you are so brave for still living in your apartment. It will take you a while to deal with it and move forward. As far as the inverter goes its possible that the abrupt power outage has caused the inverter to mal-function. I truly have no explanation other than it sounds paranormal. Look into the history of the apartment and see if anything unusual has happened there before you and your husband moved in. I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself and keep us to date.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
allesgute - it's okay 😊 It happens all the time and I must have been having one of "those days" when I made that comment because I was a little abrupt, wasn't I? Sorry about that. I am glad you submitted your story, though.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Miracles51031 I totally understand. I shared my experience here only because submissions were shut at that time. Really sorry for any inconvenience...
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
allesgute154

Thank you for sharing, as this, kind of links up the whole matter and now I probably can relate things.
As " chelseylobo " said earlier in his post, that this has some thing to do with married ladies.
Ok here is some information that I have gathered from friends and family.
There are some set of niyam of rules that married ladies are supposed to follow (which is differs fron religion to religion) such as:

Taking a bath in the morning before entering the kitchen.
Not to leave your hair untied while stepping out in the evening.
Refrain from stepping into stuff like sindoor, seeds, cloth, edible stuff etc.
Not cut nails after sunset.
And there are plenty of them. Being newly wed most of us are not aware of these and breaching of such rules brings misfortune making us vulnerable to losses and evil spirits,demons, black magic or some natural phenomenon which is not known to us and thus seems supernatural.

I can completely relate to your experience and I believe it was not your imagination.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
Realistic

Thank you for your advice and support.
I have already changed my doorbell and it plays a shakti kirtan when ever someone rings it. Every morning the moment I wake up I play hymns of Gods and Goddesses
In my MP3 until I step out for office.
The good part is, it was just a single incident as of now and nothing has gone wrong after that apart from some health issues which I feel is pretty normal after such an incident or trauma.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
xiao88

Thank you for reading and putting forth your views. All the points that you mentioned is exactly that what seems like a paranormal connection.
I don't know any reliable priest or tantrik who can help me as most of them are fake and it is very difficult to find some genuine help.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
chelseylobo

Thank you for replying. I just hope your words come true and this turn out to be nothing paranormal.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
Gayatrishiva

Thank you for reading. Dear I am very comfortable sharing every details over here as no one knows my true identity so there is no fear or hesitation, more than that people over here are very sympathetic and helpful to others. So I am trying my best to answer precisely in hope for getting help.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
aussiedaz

Thank you for reading and more than that for your noble intention to help me.
Before this nothing abnormal happened to me, apart from few nightmares coming true. I don't know what a smoke pot is and I can't meditate as I am extremely fickle minded and over active.
E
After going through this, even I felt for a moment that could it be just my head playing tricks. But I couldn't console my self because of the strong evidences one can barely ignore.
I can't and neither want to forget it or ignore it, because that way the fear of repetition will keep chasing me throughout my life. So I want to find out what ever it was and get rid of completely.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
HappySpirit

Thank you very much for understanding the trauma I went through. To answer your question, well it is regular mattress on top of the box bed.
And it was not an experience of "falling" through the mattress into the box, instead it was just like loosing control over my body and kind of falling from the sofa.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
allesgute - please submit your experience, with as much detail as you can. There is a link at the top of this page that says "Submit Your Story."

I don't mean to be rude, but we try to keep people from sharing their experience, and asking for help, on someone else's, as it detracts from the original story.

Thank you

😊
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Dear Sonty,

As a newly-married woman, even I have had this experience. I have shared it on another post on this site, but I would like to share it with you, maybe you could explain it to me what it exactly was. Here it goes: In June 2008, I was newly married and had shifted into a rented house in Bavdhan, Pune. At that time, the area was pretty isolated. It was evening and my husband was out at work. It had grown very dark and I got up from my bedroom to put on the lights in the 2 BHK house. At that time, I felt something touch me. And it was a cold, chilling touch. I was really scared and put on all the lights. I clutched god's murti in my hands and called up my husband. My hubby told me it was probably my imagination as he doesn't believe in the paranormal. After that, however, this incident did not repeat for the next 10 months that we stayed there. Do you think it was my imagination (since I had shifted to a new place) or was it something else? Readers, please help. I have never been able to forget this incident.
Realistic (7 stories) (44 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
Hi Sonty, this is one horrifying experience. You are one brave lady to still stay in the same apartment! When I found out my apartment was haunted, I would always keep the main door open when alone.

I would like to give you some advice on protecting yourself if you are still staying at the same place (I am no expert at this but have had a couple of bad experiences). I had read a similar story where a few remedies did ward off evil.

1. You can arrange for a priest to perform a blessing at the apartment. Each religion has its own way of doing things...

2. In the story I had read, the residents of that apartment would softly play a continuous chant of Hanuman Charit Manas 24X7 and the hauntings stopped. I myself had positive results with a Harinam chant.

Take care and be careful.
xiao88 (9 stories) (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
[at] aussiedaz
No matter how strong the glitch was (if there was one with her), no matter how much pot or drugs she smoked (if she did smoke), there is nothing in your theory that could justify her going inside the divan box herself, and then moved the bed back on the divan herself, not mentioning the neat arrangements on the bed.
No human can do that.

[at] sonty
If an entity has the power to move a human body through space, like I see in your case (dumped you under the bed like that), it indicates a strong power on its side.
I suggest you be very careful. Try calling a medium, or shaman, or exorcist if you are Catholic, and see what they can do.
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
But despite understanding the fact what you and my mum had gone through, I would also say that there is more to it...
Maybe at the end of the day, it wasn't something paranormal at all.

Regards
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
Dear sonty,
My mum had a single experience. And since she never went through any of it again, she didn't really have to do to get rid of it.
She never really ended up coming out from a place such as the wardrobe or from under the bed, but she felt something follow her upto the bedroom, and later she didn't really remember how she got there. The key was still in her bag.

Regards
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Hi sonty,
Hope you are doing fine. This is very very scary and chilling experience. Like others I too think may be something more to it. So please try to answer experienced people's questions so that you can understand the real cause of it. Pls don't get dejected by many questions as answering them is going to help you sometimes logic works or sometimes because we are scared we tend to not notice the logic. But your story is damn chilling and scary...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
My explanation of your account is pretty far out there and you will need to have an open mind to comprehend it, but I'll put it on the table for you to consider because these accounts are really terrifying and real life to those who have had them and I know from experience what you went through and just how terrifying it was... Scientist have recently discovered our universe is not as solid as first thought and basically the essence of our universe is not matter but rather consciousness... Our universe is basically one giant hollowgram among many many others and there are some serious smart physicist subscribing to that description of it... Our physical brain is basically the engine room that conforms our reality and very uniquely, we share this world with others and pertain to the other laws of physics that apply to it... Our brain is the engine room to our reality but the transmitter of consciousness or rather the transmitter to our higher self... The spiritual being sometimes throws up a glitch usually at the peril of your subliminal thoughts and sometimes inner fears... As you saw it get darker your projection, your reality basically changed to something that was not normal to as what you'd expected or what normally should have applied under normal circumstances, I know it was very real life to you and it was, basically you found yourself in a dark place and created the reality of your surroundings... Thankfully for you, your glitch was only temporary and you found your way back amongst us here in this reality... But there are many unfortunate people locked up in mental institutes who suffer these glitches 24/7...and that's not suggesting your crazy, but I make this point, because on a much smaller scale these things do happen to what we call normal people... I don't know if you smoke pot, or meditate nor do you need to answer that... But my advise is to stay away from both, as you could open yourself up to further accounts and I'm sure you don't want that...don't let your account worry you and quite honestly, it's probably better to forget about it and put it down to your imagination... If I believed half the stuff that has happened to me I would be one of those crazy people locked up in the loonie bin, but I rather look at my more unfortunate experiences as fortunate... As I believe it has given me some intuitive insight into realm beyond this one!
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Sonty, let me get a correct visual on this. Was the bed you became trapped within what we call a pull out couch? (A couch - or otherwise called a divan - with a collapsible mattress that can be pulled out.) Or was it a regular mattress on top of some kind of box, like a platform bed? Either way, for you to have become trapped within that without the top mattress being disturbed in quite chilling. Please correct me if I've misunderstood your story events.

It reminds me of a ghost story I read on YGS (I believe) about a someone who, as a child, became trapped within the platform section of a platform bed - an entirely enclosed box. He had the horrifying experience of "falling" through the mattress into the box. His frightened parents had to disassemble the platform to remove him (anyone here know the proper origin/details on that story?)

We know from physics that hard, solid physical matter is basically empty space and energy. We are wired both genetically and through social conditioning to perceive this vast network of emptiness as dense matter. However, I believe that certain conditions, brought on by changes in consciousness or in magnetics and electrical energy (such as during a thunderstorm or possibly what was going on in your house that day) will shift us into a place where we are able to move through dense matter.

I don't know what the entities you perceived could have been or how much they had to do with what happened to you - whether they were a direct cause of your scary experience (causation) or something brought on by the same underlying cause (correlation). However, I certainly would have been quite shaken up if it had happened to me. Be well.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
rookdygin,

By Doors, I meant the Grill (iron door) and the wooden one on the main entrance. Their are two doors at the main entrance. But the one in the hall (which opens at the base of the stairs) was locked from inside previously as we barely use it. And while going out we put latch on the wooden door (with one shutter) and then lock the Grill (Iron door) from outside. And by locking it from inside -- I meant bolting it or latching it.

Nothing important was missing which could have made us notice it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Sonty,

No, that helps clear up my questions concerning the locks... However another one occurs to me...

"I entered the house and locked the doors from inside."

I understand from this that there are at least two entrances into your home... And from your statement (quoted above) you locked both (all) of them from inside... Do you normally have to lock all the entrances from the inside when you come home? A better question might be this... Shouldn't one (or more) of them been have been locked from the inside already and need not have been locked again from the inside? Did you go out the other door (s) and have to lock them behind you? (I hope those questions make sense, I am trying to understand just why you had to lock everything from the inside.

I guess my next question would be this... Did you or your husband notice anything out of place or missing with-in the home after your experience?

Thanks again, please be patient with me, I'm just trying to put together all the facts.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
rookdygin,

Neither of the doors have door handle kind of locks they simply have latches, where you lock the latches and then put a lock. The old pattern doors. The main door has a single wooden shutter and the one in the hall has two wooden shutters.
Pardon me for my English, Please let me know if I have been able to explain or I will post some pics of the doors once I am back.
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Sceptic-Ari,

All keys were are in place, including my keys and the spare one too. We were scared to death after this so we cross checked almost every thing that came to our mind.
Ask me as many questions as you can, I will answer all of them to the best of my knowledge. But please help me with some answers if you know it:
Is this going to happen again? How can I stop it?
We are leaving today for a trip as my husband believes that I am under to much stress. As I don't get sound sleep and get bad dreams, and Low BP.
I will be grateful, If you or anybody else can help or through some light on this matter.

Thank you
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Sonty,

I agree with Sceptic-Ari I feel there is much more to this than meets the eye... I have at least one question (maybe more) I'll start with this statement from you...

"One more shocking fact was both the doors were locked from outside when I clearly remember locking them from inside."

Now my question...

I know the locks on my doors at home and while some of them even have two, one in the handle and a dead bolt, I really have no way of knowing which side they were locked on... How could you tell they were locked form the 'inside' as opposed to the 'outside'?

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Dear Sonty,
Thank your being so descriptive in your reply.
As I had stated earlier, there is more to this than meets the eye!
Only one more query; were all the keys accounted for after the 'occurrence'?

I also request all our esteemed experienced members to comment on this situation.

Regards
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
chelseylobo, can you please check with your mum, that was it a single incident or there was more to it. And if the answer is yes, please ask her what she did to get rid of these things and what are these things?
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Thanks to all of you for reading. And yes it was December 2012. This winter. I made a mistake and don't know how to correct it.

Sceptic-Ari, I have 4 keys to my lock.

1 with me
1 with my husband
1 with my landlord
1 spare in the room drawer.

And my keys were in my bag, the one I carry to my office every day.
I could have taken it lightly had it been only the key (as they can be duplicated) but how can I ignore the lock because I clearly remember keeping it on the top of my showcase where I kept my cell phone as well after entering the house and I latched the door from inside. My heart is beating real fast while while recalling this incident and my hands are also cold.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: