You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Suffocated While Sleeping?

Real Ghost Stories

Suffocated While Sleeping?

 

I've been living in this house for almost two years now, and there has definitely been some paranormal happenings going on. Although I'm not going to get into them, I was just giving some background information.

I was sleeping in the same bedroom as my 9 year old, younger brother. We were sharing the bunk bed. I was on the bottom bunk, he was on the top. It was midnight when I went to sleep, and around 3:00 in the morning was when I was woken up abruptly.

I was lying on my side, facing the open space of the room. I woke up to feeling cold hands or fists pressing against my face, practically suffocating me. It almost felt like they were punching me.

My face felt numb and I couldn't breath, so I flipped onto my back and threw the blanket over my head. I was just about to take blanket off, I was grasping the edges of my sheets. Then I felt something weighing down on my chest, like something was sitting on it. Again, I felt like I was being suffocated.

I was gasping for air, and after about two minutes, I yanked the blanket off and looked around the room. There was nothing there, and the weight on my chest had lifted.

There was just enough light in the room to see what was there and what wasn't, and believe me, I saw absolutely nothing. I checked if my brother was still on the top bunk, and there he was sleeping soundly.

In the morning I asked my little brother if he had woken up at all the previous night, and if he saw anything and/or felt anything, he told me he did not.

Now I've been searching all over the internet trying to figure out what happened that night, or if it is common. Most of the sites talk about sleep paralysis, but that is when you hallucinate and can't move. So obviously It wasn't that.

I'm not sure of what happened that night, but I would really like to know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anny_Reece, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Hi Anny - thanks for sharing. You mention that there's been some other paranormal instances in this house you are living in?

To me what you experienced was an unpleasant spirit "assaulting" you. I experienced something similar (sorry RandyM 😊)

You said you flipped onto your back but the weight was on your chest? Did you mean the weight was on your back?

As Rook says, it would be good to understand the other occurrences so this one can be put into a context.

But as hard as it is, try not be afraid, these spirits are fairly limited in what they can do, but be positive, confident and imagine a protective aura around you is a great start.

I'm convinced these "people" get their kicks on scaring us and feed off that energy.

Regards

Mack
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-13)
Uh, point (OR points) of order...

1) Sleep paralysis does NOT always have hallucinations as part of the experience...

2) Without additional information, such as the 'other experiences' it is very hard to evaluate just what may have happened or may be happening in your home.

3) Based on your age the home MAY NOT be haunted and ALL the activity may be due to a Poltergeist.

Keep a Journal, rule out anything NORMAL and please keep an open mind.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: