This is a series of incidents that have been spread over the past three months, following the death of a very close relative. While the death did not occur in the apartment where I stay, my husband and I were at the death, the funeral and subsequently part of the rituals.
Ever since we returned from the funeral, I've had disturbed sleep. Not always unpleasant dreams/nightmares (though there have been nights when I've woken up with a bad dream), I've been waking up around the same time - somewhere between 3:00 to 4:30 a.m. What I do feel on waking up is the presence of several people (it's the strongest in our living room) who are speaking among themselves. The first couple of nights, it sounded like low murmurs/people talking, but subsequently I had the feeling of chanting in low voices, say the way one would a recite a hymn/tell beads. At no point do we feel threatened, or that there is a negative presence.
Since I was uncomfortable with this feeling (and disturbed nights didn't augur well at work!), I had a tarot card reader come in. Just to ensure that no way did my thoughts influence her, all I mentioned was there I had the feeling that there were people in the house.
These are her findings:
- Yes, the incidents are related to the death of that family member. According to her, the person wanted to spend more time with us while alive, and the sudden death denied her of the opportunity.
- There are spirits; however they are not malicious/intend harm.
- They are indeed reciting/chanting something; to her mind it is part of a holy text.
- She says that the deceased family member's spirit needs to cross over, and the spirits chanting are helping her stay on.
What I need help with is this:
- How do we help the soul cross over?
- How do we have the spirits leave?