You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Was She Her Sister?

Real Ghost Stories

Was She Her Sister?

 

Hey hello guys. I am new to this group and I think that this is a wonderful medium to share our spooky experiences with everyone.

Coming to the main topic, this story, which I have posted is of one of my friends' experience. Till today, I have never got any such experience, and I am eagerly waiting for it.

This was experienced by my friend Preity, when she used to live in Dubai with her family. She has a younger sister Kiara, and even her house was also very spiritual, to occur any such incident.

Once during a cold night, when Preity was asleep, suddenly she felt that someone is touching her hair and trying to call her she woke up in disgust and removed the blanket from her head. What she saw was a bit awkward. She saw that Kiara was walking towards the kitchen and as it was cold, Kiara used to wear a Rainbow colored striped sweater.

Preity thought that maybe Kiara will be thirsty or wanted to go to the washroom and she again lie back on the bed and saw what?

To her surprise, Kiara was sleeping beside her on the same position like before. So, who was she?

Now Preity was scared and still tried to sleep somehow. And she even said that it was 100% not a hallucination and she was wide awake during that activity.

Still, even today, she can clearly recollect whatever she had seen very freshly but never got any such experiences ever again.

So, thank you guys for reading my story and I would be highly obliged if you'll comment. If any mistakes in language then extremely sorry!

Thank you!

Other hauntings by LoveParanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LoveParanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
I agree with valkricry. It may just be her subconscious mind projecting the shape of her sister. But if I were on her part, I'd probably hide under my blanket pondering if what I saw was real or not.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
Hi TalonWalt,
Your comment put me in mind of something that happened to my mom, when she was young. This was back in the days when chamberpots under the bed were not unheard of, especially since indoor plumbing was 'new' to the area. She woke with an intense need to relieve herself, but it was very cold, so she used the chamberpot. Care to guess what they found in the bottom drawer of the dresser next day? Count your blessings! 😆
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
SDS, once in the sleep paralysis state I hallucinated waking up, using the bathroom, and caring for my cats. I know how very real a hallucination can feel. I'm surprised to this day that I didn't wet my bed, because I truly felt that I was awake and doing all of those things. Only to find myself still in that state, and fighting to wake up again, having done none of those things.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
LoveParanormal,

Third Eye: (also known as the inner eye) is a mystical and esoteric concept referring in part to the brow chakra (ajna). In certain Eastern and Western spiritual traditions. It is also spoken of as the gate that leads within to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness.

It is possible that when we sleep our subconsciousness allows this 'chakra' to be accessed more readily. We can 'see/hear' spiritual things better and this is why spirits find it easier to communicate with us as we sleep... And we think/feel we had a very 'realistic' dream.

I hope that answers your question, please ask any others you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
LoveParanormal (7 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
[at] rookdygin
Hello rook! May I know that what is "third eye"?
Do all have the ability to open it while asleep?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
Hello LoveParanormal, welcome to YGS. I think it is quite a strange experience indeed. But still I think it might be that your friend was asleep when her mind's eye saw something about the spiritual shape of her sister. That could be the only explanation available. Sleep paralysis, well I beg to differ, because in sleep paralysis atleast we would know that we are not able to move and would find it difficult to move ourselves and would definitely have an uneasy feeling about it. But that your friend had not explained to you about such an uneasy feeling, I rule out the possibility of sleep paralysis.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
LoveParanormal (7 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
Thank you all for your comments.
Now my story own experience is also coming soon... 😊
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
I too wonder if it could be sleep paralysis. Once I woke up, realized I was experiencing sleep paralysis. Fought myself awake, went to the bathroom, washed my hands, fed my cats, gave them clean water, changed their litter, washed my hands again, poured a soda, and sat down. After having done all of this, I found myself still in the sleep Paralysis state. I never did any of those things, but I truly felt as though I had. Luckily upon waking up for real, I hadn't wet the bed.
NikkiD (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
hey good story but I wanted to share a theory with you: some say that when you sleep your soul wanders maybe you did see your sister but only the spiritual form cause she was asleep. Maybe she was traveling. Its just a theory not sure if I'm right on this. Thanks for sharing
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
What your friend 'saw' may have been part of a dream, one in which she thought she was awake (I've had one like that where I swear I 'woke up' 3 times before I was really awake... That was not a fun experience). Or there is a chance your friend, having recently been asleep, her 'third eye' had opened while she slept and had not closed upon her waking... This allowed her to see into the 'spirit realm' and what she saw was her younger sisters Astral Body... We are closer to the spirit world when we sleep... Our minds 'open' and we are more sensitive to the Spirit Realm.

Thank you for sharing and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
Hi! Your command of English is very good.
I'm not sure what to make of your friend's experience. Spooky though. But she herself states 'something' woke her up, so she was not 100% awake when it happened. She just thinks she was. So, it's possible that what she saw was a projection of her subconcious. Then when she saw Kiara sleeping, it jolted her the rest of the way awake. Even accepting that as an explination, still a very strange experience.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
Hey there! I read your story and I liked it. Its a good thing that your friend doesn't experience any such thing now. I would like to advice you that please don't ask for such stuff, they aren't always harmless. You don't have to take the advice if you don't want to LOL. Good story. Be good. Thanks.
-Shady

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: