You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Kundalini Chanting - Sat-nam

Real Ghost Stories

Kundalini Chanting - Sat-nam

 

As some of you may already know, I practice yoga as well as teach it. There are two type of yoga I do Hatha and more recently Kundalini Yoga. Hatha Yoga is gentle stretching with the breath. Although Kundalini is similar to Hatha the only difference is there are certain chants that you do before you begin your practice which I have no problem with. The only chant I have a problem is the chant whilst doing the "Fire Breath". The chant is "SAT-NAM". I tried to replace this chant with a different one, but it somehow did not feel right. If anyone does Kundalini they will understand what I mean, the rhythm is not the same.

So you might be wondering what the problem is with the chant "SAT-NAM"?

SATNAM was my ex-father-in-laws name by birth although he did change his name when he converted to Hinduism. Again for those who have read my stories will know the problems this man caused me and still does even after is passing away.

I remember the first time I sat in mediation pose and with inhalation chanted "SAT" and exhalation chanted "NAM". I immediately opened my eyes as the feeling of uneasy stirred deep inside me. I felt a strong draft pass by and through my body. I sat on my mat scanning my space. I looked at the windows, maybe there was a breeze from an open window, and all windows were closed. I remember turning my head to look into the passage way as I felt a strong presence near the door of the living room. (I was practicing in the living room). With all the fear that had welled up inside of me. I stopped my practice. Got up, rolled my mat up, put the mat away, switched the TV on and sat on the sofa dismissing what had happened. Maybe I was paranoid!

This Friday gone, whilst sitting at work, I decided I would go home do the usual chores, and then do some Kundalini. I started my practice around 8pm. Before I did I burnt some incense, made sure all windows were shut, switched all phones onto silent and I began my practice. The warm-up was flawless, no interruptions no uneasy feelings I felt amazingly free and light. After the warm I got into meditation pose and without giving a second thought started my "Fire Breathe" with the chant "SAT-NAM". I got up to maybe 30 chants when I felt a very strong breeze go straight through and pass my body touching my face. I abruptly stopped and looked straight at the window which was open now; bearing in mind I had closed all the windows before my practice. I stopped my practice, got up walked to the window and closed it.

Feeling very uneasy and unsettled, I decided to burn some incense throughout the flat this time. After placing the incense in the kitchen, hallway and living room I settled on the sofa, found a film to watch until my partner and my brother returned from their outing.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ILuvKittenz (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
WOW. I can't believe how CALM you are in some of your stories! I'd be like,"OKAY I"M OUT WERE MOVIN!" lol you should talk to him btw
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Thanks for this story. Before I thought that Kundalini Yoga was for only sexual energy. But now I realize that it is more than that. I also did not know that you had to do chants in Kundalini Yoga.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Surya: You say that other chants have not had the desired effect that this particular one should have... I don't know one thing about yoga, is this other type considered a higher step, like something not for beginers?...If so, maybe continue with the type of yoga that you are most comfortable with for a bit longer, before trying to move on... I can totally understand that as you chant you feel like you're conjuring his spirit to you, and I think that he would show up, as that is one way to get in touch with the other side... I hope you find peace with this issue... I wish I could give you some advice, but I can give you support!

By the way, I'll be re-submitting my last story that was rejected... I hope you reconsider your decision, or send it on to someone else for consideration 😊 ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
Wardo thank you taking the time to read my story.

Satnam is a Bij mantra or a "seed sound". Chanting it is like planting a grain of sand in an oyster.

SAT - means Truth, Unchanging Universal Truth. It is the vibration that is ever - present.

NAM - means identity, to name, to call upon, to identify with...

SATNAM - means "Truth is my identity"

Does this give a clearer picture why I feel so uneasy chanting this particular mantra.

You have hit the nail with the hammer in paragraph three which has been confirmed already.

Thank You
Surya
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Hmm, okay I failed to make my own connection with the backward mantas part. Sorry all, I was clearly thinking of mantras. Oops!:X
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Hi Surya,

SAT-NAM is mantas backward, just thought that was a strange coincidence. I'm curious, what does the chant mean? I know a bit about yoga myself, as I practiced Hatha for nearly 10 years. I haven' practiced in a couple years because I can't find time to, but I miss it very much. Like with any mantra, they either mean something significant or it is merely the changing of the breath from unvoiced to voiced. Take OHM for example. It changes from voiced to inwardly voiced. I'm not sure what I'm getting at, but the voicing of SAT-NAM seems very unnatural for one thing. I would probably try the sana with no chant or another chant that flows more smoothly.

As for reading into your posts a bit more, it is kind of hard to say that it is paranormal. You have obviously had some kind of trauma with this person, Satnam, so just voicing his name in safety of your meditated state can be very agitating I suppose. On the other hand, it could possibly be his ghost still trying to hold an attachment with you.

The only note I have to mention aside from your story is that many people, including myself, have seemed to have a problem with your diagnosis of our true stories. Many of them were rejected on the basis that there was no real paranormal evidence to you. There was to us, I assure you. This story would almost fall into that category for me. Nothing significant enough has happened to indicate anything paranormal has happened. I know, blah blah, but really be careful moderating on a site that you feel so closely connected with. We definitely have a community here, but posting so many of your own paranormal stories and rejecting others' claims of the same thing seems to be very conflicting to me.

Anyway, no hard feelings just a heads up. I hope you get the answers and clarity you need with this Satnam business. God bless! ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Hi Surya, I have to agree with Succubussed, and AnimeCr8zy. Eventhough Kundalini is a type of Yoga and Sat-Nam in this case means something else, subconciously you are aware that you are chanting your ex father-in-law's name. In order to relax and get the best results from your Yoga, it would be better to find another chant. Thanks for sharing 😊 ❤
AbhishekTheBeliever (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
I just want to know that did you checked my story, and rejected it,"The Ghost at the river". What was in my story that made you think it was fake. 😢 ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Hello surya, I think you are past the point of forgiving your father in law, reading between the lines I can understand why. But I still think you need to find a peaceful resolution with in you heart and soul for you to move forward, cause at the moment his contracting your negative feelings toward him and literally blowing them back in your face, you don, t deserve this torment from him, but I think to be rid of him you need to re frame your thoughts about him in a way that will make him realize he no longer gets under your skin.
Good luck

Aussiedaz
AnimeCr8zy (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
hi um I just think that you should fine different words that mean fire breathe. It would probably be a whole lot easier.
Succubussed (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
I would think that considering all of the elements of this story you have to either:

A. Find a chant that you can use to achieve the Fire Breathing that does not invoke your father in law or

B. Give up that particular ascent
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
Hi Logan,

Thank you for reading my story. As for the strength I have, even I wonder where it comes from sometimes. 
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
Hey Surya,

I do not know where you find the mental strenght to still be the strong person you are. I only wish you do get to enjoy doing all this stuff without having to give them up. My best wishes and prayers are with you.

Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: